9.5 New Tentative Contract Language?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If the damn language is being manipulated by the company isn’t the unions job to renegotiate??? Seems like if it’s happening nationwide that it’s not unreasonable to do this...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What’s the difference? You draw the same % weather you work 1000 hours or 2000 hours.
but it makes a difference if ups is required to put in 1000 hours of contributions or double that....it makes the plan stronger...regardless of the percentage

but it makes a difference if ups is required to put in 1000 hours of contributions or double that....it makes the plan stronger...regardless of the percentage
Does it change the long term trajectory of the plan? A larger contribution now means a larger withdrawal in the future.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If the damn language is being manipulated by the company isn’t the unions job to renegotiate??? Seems like if it’s happening nationwide that it’s not unreasonable to do this...
The company essentially owns Hoffa.

It's ups to membership job to hold Hoffa feet to the fire.

We need a contact that is overwhelmingly voted down. Basically two middle fingers in the air that says no go do your damn job.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
The company essentially owns Hoffa.

It's ups to membership job to hold Hoffa feet to the fire.

We need a contact that is overwhelmingly voted down. Basically two middle fingers in the air that says no go do your damn job.

I’ve been saving bottles of piss for you guys. Just gotta jump on the interstate in either direction.

Drink Craft Beer

Let me make this perfectly clear! If you work without taking your mandatory break UPS will say that they do not have to abide by the contract because you are not abiding by the contract!!!!!!!!
My Supe calls me a :censored2: starter cause I call out management for working. Well...... if you weren't working like the contract states you shouldn't be, then I wouldn't start :censored2:.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

If cover drivers with 4 years or less are not included in this "tentative agreement" then the only thing that has changed is the amount of time you get on the list (quicker) thats it!

Ups will always delay, delay, delay and until there is monetary repercussions automatically given to the driver the next paycheck then nothing really has changed. The negotiating committee is just trying to put a positive narrative out there but everybody sees through it!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Does it change the long term trajectory of the plan? A larger contribution now means a larger withdrawal in the future.
I’m pretty sure the plan @3 done 3 to go is in is in bad shape. Your supplement seems to be the outlier that you get pension credits for all hours worked, up to 2080. If you worked 9.4 hours a day for the entire year, which isn’t a probability with the way peak goes, that number will jump. But you’d have worked 2444 hours. If the pension contribution is around $14 per hour. That comes out to 5 grand NOT contributed to the pension. But you still worked those 400 hours at a cheaper rate to UPS. It’s bonus time for them, especially since it would be close to peak when this kicks in. So the OT is basically free to the company, or only $3 more an hour. Do you see my point yet?

I’m pretty sure the plan @3 done 3 to go is in is in bad shape. Your supplement seems to be the outlier that you get pension credits for all hours worked, up to 2080. If you worked 9.4 hours a day for the entire year, which isn’t a probability with the way peak goes, that number will jump. But you’d have worked 2444 hours. If the pension contribution is around $14 per hour. That comes out to 5 grand NOT contributed to the pension. But you still worked those 400 hours at a cheaper rate to UPS. It’s bonus time for them, especially since it would be close to peak when this kicks in. So the OT is basically free to the company, or only $3 more an hour. Do you see my point yet?
I do realize, that I don’t get pension contributions in November and December. Are you trying to say they should not have a cap on hours? While I wouldn’t mind, that cap is the only reason why many go on the 9.5 list. Although the 2080 hours cap might be a pension rule.

5,000 times 126,000 drivers = $630 mil. Is there a better place to spend $630 mil nation wide?

Edd O'Rion

It should be pension contribution for ALL hours worked, time and a half after 8 hours, double time after 9.5 hours, and triple time over 10 hours. Bang. Done.

UPSjedi41

4DB54E79-BB4A-4F5B-8BBB-9946434D889E.jpeg
If cover drivers with 4 years or less are not included in this "tentative agreement" then the only thing that has changed is the amount of time you get on the list (quicker) thats it!

Ups will always delay, delay, delay and until there is monetary repercussions automatically given to the driver the next paycheck then nothing really has changed. The negotiating committee is just trying to put a positive narrative out there but everybody sees through it!

I’m in Local 705 Chicago and all drivers are covered by 9.5, including drivers with less than 4 years. This needs to be added nationwide.