A lot of talk but...

BigBrown1234

I don't speak on anyones behalf.... let alone.... the General President.

-Bug-

I speak on all of my employees (union elected officials). I hold them to strict standards. I attempt to hold them accountable as best I can (not just through an election)

“I will never forget that it is the members who put me here, and it is the members whom I will serve.”-teamster constitution

Tony Q

Just my two cents. I do not see anything different than the past several contracts, except this will most likely be voted down mainly because of the involvement of social media. What will be the same is, work under the old agreement until enough people finally say friend it, give me Retro Junior and DT will never call a strike . I believe some of these folks were kicked off because they made too much noise about what is going on behind closed doors
I believe we will take this to the picket lines. We aren't taking a strike authorization vote for nothing. This time it will be what it will be.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I speak on all of my employees (union elected officials). I hold them to strict standards. I attempt to hold them accountable as best I can (not just through an election)

That's kind of the problem.

Elected Union Officials, are not your employees.

They are elected by majority vote of the membership.

If they are not performing up to your expectations, by all means....

voice your opinion and be part of the solution.

But in no way, shape, or form.... are you their "employer".

Don't try and act as such. That's what the ballot box is for.

-Bug-

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That's kind of the problem.

Elected Union Officials, are not your employees.

They are elected by majority vote of the membership.

If they are not performing up to your expectations, by all means....

voice your opinion and be part of the solution.

But in no way, shape, or form.... are you their "employer".

Don't try and act as such. That's what the ballot box is for.

-Bug-

Who do the elected officials work for?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I believe we will take this to the picket lines. We aren't taking a strike authorization vote for nothing. This time it will be what it will be.
I think the strike authorization is for 2 reasons.
1) to estimate participation
2) see who is willing to fight
It’s a litmus test to see what will take to pass the NMA

BigBrown1234

That's kind of the problem.(This kind of thinking is the problem, why no one goes to the Union meetings or gets involved or votes.)

Elected Union Officials, are not your employees. (I pay a part of their wages so I become the CUSTOMER and everyone knows the CUSTOMER is always RIGHT!)

They are elected by majority vote of the membership. (The majority of the members DONT VOTE! So the elected officials really only represent the 10% of the opinions(for lack of a better term) of the votes that got them elected)

If they are not performing up to your expectations, by all means....voice your opinion and be part of the solution.
(I am)

But in no way, shape, or form.... are you their "employer".(see above)

Don't try and act as such. That's what the ballot box is for. (In my opinion the voting system is corrupt through the concept of SLATE voting, and appointing members to elected positions through board approval.)

The system is obviously failing with your current philosophy. Union membership and participation is at an all time low. The ME GENERATION and the old ARROGANT guard are like oil and water. But like a said before if the Union leadership does not adopt the CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT concept then I can GUARANTEE the CUSTOMER will always WIN. Everyone understands that without the customer you don’t exist

-Bug-
(my response)

Tony Q

I think the strike authorization is for 2 reasons.
1) to estimate participation
2) see who is willing to fight
It’s a litmus test to see what will take to pass the NMA
I think what happened last time can't happen again. Even if we change the business for ever.

Heavy Package

I think a lot of people are upset about the working conditions but the majority will vote with their wallets. We'll see though.

I don't want to strike - Too much disruption and we could lose volume and jobs. But...Can anyone clearly understand why our Union is offering UPS anything in the form of concessions? This is the year to get what we want with the economy, employment, tax cuts and corporate profits.

We need better working conditions and guarantees. Especially for PT, Package, and Freight. Enough already. I'll walk if it's a bad deal on improving our working conditions. They just suck right now and there is no need to continue to be treated worse than dog crap and have our PT's paid less than Wal-Mart wages.