A No vote with some guts.......

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
But what did they say and how did they vote at the 2 man?

My Business Agent in Local 728 helped negotiate the Southern Supplemental and was at the two-man, both our BA's voted against it. When we read through the changes to the Master, our president didn't endorse or reject it. I imagine its for political reasons he has to stay somewhere in the middle. We were told it had some bad and good stuff in it and just vote on how it would effect us personally. I would say that most of our officers aren't Hoffa supporters in my opinion. I have known the top officers and worked with some of them for at least 35 years.

Last edited:

BlackCat

old drivers with the "everyone is on the 9.5 list like we wanted, also no more weekends

If they were "old" drivers, how could this be considered a win for them?

Anyone who wanted to be on the 9.5 list was already on it and anyone with seniority already wasnt working Saturdays.

Siveriano

If they were "old" drivers, how could this be considered a win for them?

Anyone who wanted to be on the 9.5 list was already on it and anyone with seniority already wasnt working Saturdays.
thats what i told them but thats what t he black skinny guy is selling.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Love it. Great video. I’d love to know where the 177 stands on the national. Asked my shop steward if they were for it, and he said they can’t say one way or the other. Not their job to tell you if they like it. They are here to inform you of the specifics.

They have to appear to fall in line, but the membership typically knows this.
The Executive Board slate typically cruises to victory in election season while Jimmy Hoffa hasn't garnered much support here in the last decade or so.

Raw

Raw Member
It`s the union and UPS job to put a contract together to be voted on which they did. It`s the members / workers contract and they should vote how they feel without any opinions on how to vote by either the company or union.

Over70irregs

It`s the union and UPS job to put a contract together to be voted on which they did. It`s the members / workers contract and they should vote how they feel without any opinions on how to vote by either the company or union.
Vote yall....

opie

Love it. Great video. I’d love to know where the 177 stands on the national. Asked my shop steward if they were for it, and he said they can’t say one way or the other. Not their job to tell you if they like it. They are here to inform you of the specifics.

Guess we will find out September 9th. But hearing they are supporting the national. They will lose my vote next election if they think it's a "great" contract.

F

Frankie's Friend

That's why I stopped the messages from the Teamsters on my phone. It was getting old real fast.
My phone rejects robocalls. I haven't gotten 1 call from the boys yet that passed thru the screen.

F

Frankie's Friend

I was talking about all of those stupid texts....
I signed up for the info. I'd feel a little bad about unsubscribing but I feel like I need to ride it out until the end and hear it out regardless of redundancy.

@Gumby , you know they respect our opinion.

F

Frankie's Friend

I don't need to hear three times a day to vote yes in this garbage contract
Nor did I listen to the "scripted" conference call today.
You're missing out on some good info bro.
BFEC30C8-C4FF-4077-8CBC-EBFE4883E49D.gif