Amazon is taking over... maybe not.

Star B

White Lightening
C'mon, give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He could have been at the wrong address.
I've done it. I'm sure everyone on here has.
Yeah, but it seems like he was taking the picture of the delivery and then grabbing it... and then if he was at the wrong house... why would they be putting this online going "amzn driver stole our stuff lulz?" unless they were just a drama queen?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
C'mon, give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He could have been at the wrong address.
I've done it. I'm sure everyone on here has.

Drop the package, snap the pic, then show the pic when the customer claims non-delivery of pkg. It's not the oldest trick in the book, but it's been around for a while. Problem is that these drivers aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer and don't take into account that home surveillance systems are so cheap now that even they can afford them.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Drop the package, snap the pic, then show the pic when the customer claims non-delivery of pkg. It's not the oldest trick in the book, but it's been around for a while. Problem is that these drivers aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer and don't take into account that home surveillance systems are so cheap now that even they can afford them.
That’s why I assume every house has cameras whether I can see them or not.

59 Dano

That’s why I assume every house has cameras whether I can see them or not.

I tell people to simply be professional and cameras won't be a problem.

Here's how you bust guys like our Youtube hero when there isn't a security camera. It helps that they aren't smart. Customer calls in complaining that they can't find the package and the idiot says that he delivered it and has the picture to prove it! The first red flag is that he is quick to volunteer that he took a picture and he'll show you. Odd, because who the hell takes pictures of delivered packages to "prove" delivery?

You casually ask him why he took a picture of that particular delivery and he says that he does it all the time "just in case." Then you tell ask him for a pic of a couple of other resi deliveries on his route that day, doesn't matter which ones. By some strange coincidence, he doesn't have pics of anything other than the one that someone called in about. It goes downhill from there :D

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Here's how you bust guys like our Youtube hero when there isn't a security camera. It helps that they aren't smart. Customer calls in complaining that they can't find the package and the idiot says that he delivered it and has the picture to prove it! The first red flag is that he is quick to volunteer that he took a picture and he'll show you. Odd, because who the hell takes pictures of delivered packages to "prove" delivery?

You casually ask him why he took a picture of that particular delivery and he says that he does it all the time "just in case." Then you tell ask him for a pic of a couple of other resi deliveries on his route that day, doesn't matter which ones. By some strange coincidence, he doesn't have pics of anything other than the one that someone called in about. It goes downhill from there :D
Here we go again. Guilty until proven innocent. Hope you never become a police officer.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Is ragging on couriers one of the other duties you happily volunteered for when you came crawling back to FedEx?

I had i wine delivery once, left a notice. Half hour later a guy was matching me to the picture he took off his ring door bell.

Bob11B

I have done this several times... about to leave the package, scan....Intercept, return to building....Have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

59 Dano

Here we go again. Guilty until proven innocent. Hope you never become a police officer.

Is ragging on couriers one of the other duties you happily volunteered for when you came crawling back to FedEx?

Interesting. Someone does something that he shouldn't be doing and I'm the bad guy for noticing? LOL!! People who sympathize with thieves tend to be other thieves.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Interesting. Someone does something that he shouldn't be doing and I'm the bad guy for noticing? LOL!! People who sympathize with thieves tend to be other thieves.
Did you interview the accused/convicted? Typical FedEx management mindset that they can accurately assess the situation with insufficient evidence.

If I posted a picture of you with the caption "Wanted-Child Molester" would that be sufficient information for the world to convict you?