"And the next President is...."

O

over9five

Who?
Who do you nominate to run for President of the United States?

I'm a Republican (didja already know that?), and I would nominate Mitt Romney, awesome Governor of Massachusetts.

How 'bout a Democrat? After Al Gore lost, the DNC said it wouldn't run a "loser" again. They didn't, and sent up John Kerry. I would guess they won't send up Kerry again.

How about Rudy Guliani? Good name recognition (probably better than Romney). Even I would consider Guliani.

Who else?

A

afups

I think the Republicans will run with one of the Good Old Boys and he will lose to Hillary Clinton. When Hillary wins she will win by a landslide. She will get all the votes that went to her husband and 65 to 70 percent of all women voters will vote for her. When that happens, I will leave the country on an eight year cruise around the world.

P

peacock71

Take 10 years off JOhn Mccain and I wouldn't care what party nominated him...1 person, 1 vote...I think Hillary will get it, and only somebody like Guiliani could whoop her and Bill.

Go UPS!
P71

W

wkmac

I think presidental elections should be done away with entirely and let the State legislators pick the delegates that decide who the president will be. Oh wait that's how the electoral college works in the first place but we've let the politicians manipulate us again. The real power is in the Congress and the State legislature so if you really want something done for the good of all focus your energies there. No matter who sits in the White House for the most part the end results are the same.

2 Parties, 1 Vote, Same Results

Just an aside, under the original Constitution the candidate with the most electoral college votes became President and the 2nd place candidate became Vice President. This excellent method IMO was changed in the early 1800's sadly and we should give serious thought of returning to it.

W

wkmac

I think they should add at least one more box on the ballot for us to check if we desire. That box would be identified with the best 4 words they could add.

NONE OF THE ABOVE

I'll bet the farm you'd see a pretty good percentage of the vote go there as well as number of people voting go up just to check that box.

R

rushfan

That's right. 2 parties same result. I'm fed up with that. We need some people who will actually do something.

M

mr_roboto

That's right. 2 parties same result. I'm fed up with that. We need some people who will actually do something.

Vote for your ruler

When I first came to your planet and demanded your homes, property and very lives, I didn't know you were already doing so, willingly, with your own government. I can win no tribute from a bankrupted nation populated by feeble flag-waving plebians. In 2008 I shall restore your dignity and make you servants worthy of my rule. This new government shall become a tool of my oppression. Instead of hidden agendas and waffling policies, I offer you direct candor and brutal certainty. I only ask for your tribute, your lives, and your vote.

-- General Zod
Your Future President and Eternal Ruler

F

feguy

<font color="0000ff">I think they should add at least one more box on the ballot for us to check if we desire. That box would be identified with the best 4 words they could add.

NONE OF THE ABOVE

I'll bet the farm you'd see a pretty good percentage of the vote go there as well as number of people voting go up just to check that box.

And then what, Einstein?

T

tieguy

I see a system everyone grumbles about that really works. Anyone you elect will have their faults.

S

susiedriver

mr_roboto,

I almost posted a Zod link the other day. At least Zod is up front on his plans!

W

wkmac

No offense Susie or Roboto as Tie's comments reminded me of the Redneck Scrapbook and they are funny.

M

mr_roboto

no susie...not me on the mefi
lot's of Robotos out there.

and although I have no personal experience with that particular product pictured I would guess the contents aren't normally so conspicuously labeled.
Tieguy can more than likely confirm this.

roboto