Anyone here work in Washington state?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
You can do an educational transfer as a part time loader, if you are a union member and have worked there for a year. I guess..

Supposedly, if one enrolls for full time classes in another area, it is possible.

Can't seem to get much clear info anywhere..
Educational transfers need to be approved. For the most part unless your already full time. Your going to have to quit and get rehired.

Hannah-banana

Relax. Amazon hq2 isn't moving to Bellingham.

Lol, i guess you mean me?.. Not going to be working at amazon. I did farm labor and gardening before trying UPS.

Trying to make more money as a driver. But now I am considering that the happiness I had doing that was more valuable.

As long as I can make a survivable income, I'll probably go back to that.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Lol, i guess you mean me?.. Not going to be working at amazon. I did farm labor and gardening before trying UPS.

Trying to make more money as a driver. But now I am considering that the happiness I had doing that was more valuable.

As long as I can make a survivable income, I'll probably go back to that.
No I was telling whatever that guys name is to relax. There is not a mass amount of people moving to bellingham. Most people out side of Washington dont even know about that place.

Hannah-banana

It's UPS, so nay good, but the union makes it easier to deal with Managements self inflicteddepressing wounds.
Good to know, thank you for the info.. I came to phoenix because I have family here, and decided to try starting a career at ups.

So far I find it very depressing. I know that I can't stay in phoenix because I miss small town pacific northwest living so much already.

I'm trying to decide if I can hold on for a year so I can re apply at another hub or just move on to a different job.

PACNW

Not true. As long as you have a good rehire code you can quit and apply at the new place. I'd advise contacting the place you want to work before quitting your current job. Olympia area is a nice place to live, but they have an old building and are growing out of it fast. Joint Base Lewis McCord, which is just north, has just about tripled in size the last 15 years or so. That is the source of a lot of the growth in the area. If you like small and rural, you might try Arlington. Not that far from Bellingham, but a little smaller.