Anyone here work in Washington state?

Not true. As long as you have a good rehire code you can quit and apply at the new place. I'd advise contacting the place you want to work before quitting your current job. Olympia area is a nice place to live, but they have an old building and are growing out of it fast. Joint Base Lewis McCord, which is just north, has just about tripled in size the last 15 years or so. That is the source of a lot of the growth in the area. If you like small and rural, you might try Arlington. Not that far from Bellingham, but a little smaller.
Arlington sucks...many do over 230 stops a day.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That's what I thought. Not sure if I can endure a year here though.. Considering just working for the union instead.

I am a little woman after all. I can pull the 150lb iregs off the belt and push them into the truck, but not sure how I could get one up a flight of stairs..

You send in a message asking for someone to come help you, which you can do for any package over 70 lbs. I usually leave the really heavy ones that go upstairs in the package car until I see if someone is home.

Hannah-banana

You send in a message asking for someone to come help you, which you can do for any package over 70 lbs. I usually leave the really heavy ones that go upstairs in the package car until I see if someone is home.

Cool! I had no idea that was possible !

Hannah-banana

Not true. As long as you have a good rehire code you can quit and apply at the new place. I'd advise contacting the place you want to work before quitting your current job. Olympia area is a nice place to live, but they have an old building and are growing out of it fast. Joint Base Lewis McCord, which is just north, has just about tripled in size the last 15 years or so. That is the source of a lot of the growth in the area. If you like small and rural, you might try Arlington. Not that far from Bellingham, but a little smaller.
Thank you for the info! When I was hired here in October, I was told that I had to work here for a year or I would have negative rehire status ..

Hannah-banana

I'll check in with HR about it after the sort today.. I really appreciate all of your responses!

And I promise to tell people that Bellingham sucks! :wink-very:

It might be different based on area. In so cal you have to be full time for a year before you can sign the sheet.
I stand corrected. It does say after 1 year seniority you have the right to transfer. But does not state you cannot sign up.

If your seniority date is feb 1. You could have signed up in October last year and be eligible today.

Hannah-banana

I'll be satisfied if I can just quit and be rehired where I want to go. If I have to stay here a year I guess I will. That would be good timing to apply before next peak. Maybe they will want to keep me after peak because I'm a good loader..