UPS4Life

Has anyone heard or seen of the new ivis? Rumor is newpa has a couple. Was wondering what people thought of them so far and how they work.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Finally seeing pups with skirts / wings . Welcome to 2002 ups

Attachments

• 1465415016423.jpg
    1465415016423.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 162

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Has anyone heard or seen of the new ivis? Rumor is newpa has a couple. Was wondering what people thought of them so far and how they work.

Have heard the new IVIS is supposed to be a glorified smart phone with future capabilies of unlocking tractors, trailers and being able to be dispatched from a centralized location, instead of being dispatched by each hub or center.

Imagine a central dispatch area in each district with just a handful of people linked to every hub and center dispatching the entire district. Say goodbye to a lot of management jobs.

Have heard it may be out by the end of this year. I don't know if this is what NEWPA is testing or not.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When someone would couple/uncouple from an angle, most of the time they would drag the 5th wheel under the hula skirts, covering them with that black grease. Since the skirts were the same color, it was hard to tell if you had a suprise on your shirt sleeve if you raised up too quick after pulling the handle. I used a puller, but sometimes you had to fight to get it unhooked.

UPS4Life

When someone would couple/uncouple from an angle, most of the time they would drag the 5th wheel under the hula skirts, covering them with that black grease. Since the skirts were the same color, it was hard to tell if you had a suprise on your shirt sleeve if you raised up too quick after pulling the handle. I used a puller, but sometimes you had to fight to get it unhooked.
The worst is at the rail yard with the skirts. The jockeys back under the side of the trailer to get the trailer out or pull out on almost a 90 degree angle dragging the 5th wheel right through the skirt [emoji16]

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Finally seeing pups with skirts / wings . Welcome to 2002 ups

I hate these things. Part of my pre-trip is tapping on the brake chambers and getting underneath to check that the welds that connect the air tank to the frame are solid. That is nearly impossible with these trailers. And it is tough to tap the inside tires to check for proper inflation, much less checking for debris between the wheels, per UPS and DOT requirements.

But that is UPS, is it not? Require us to do something, then make it impossible to do it.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
had an air tank welds break and it was hanging by the lines. they tried to charge me with an accident until i had a mechanic check it over. there was so much dirt around the welds and tank he said there was no way i could see a potential problem. boy , was that supe mad.

you check all these things 999 times and everything is fine. the 1000th time you find something that can cause an accident and hurt or kill someone. meanwhile , management thinks you are milking the clock saying you are OVERALLOWED on your pre=trip.