ManInBrown

Yeah thats what i figured. Talk to one of the people in charge and what they explained to me is that we are short on drivers so that the company choose what jobs not to cover and lucky me the 5 i bid on were on the cut. Make sense tho.
Ok. Yes that happens all the time. They list all open jobs on the schedule so you can make picks, and then when they pull it down they dont have to fill all of them. They do cut some occasionally. I’m surprised all 5 that you bid were cut. If you ever have any questions about how to make your picks so they are interpreted properly you can send me a PM. There is a certain way you should write them in and if you can I would advise you to pick more then 5. If I was in your position I would pick at least 15 every week to lessen the chances of ending up at a building you don’t want to work out of. Like I said, if you don’t get any of your picks, you automatically get the earliest start left, any building.

trickpony1

Another part of the thing known as a "pre-trip" is:
- set the tractor brake (no trailer attached) and;
- put tractor in lowest gear and lightly tug to see if tractor brakes will hold against the "tug".

It's all starting to come together now......

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Another part of the thing known as a "pre-trip" is:
- set the tractor brake (no trailer attached) and;
- put tractor in lowest gear and lightly tug to see if tractor brakes will hold against the "tug".

It's all starting to come together now......
If that thing moves AT ALL when I do a test tug of the tractor parking brakes, I’m finding another tractor. You know they’ll blame you for not doing a proper pretrip if you have a rollaway fully loaded if your brakes didn’t hold.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
They train all of our drivers in automatics. They have a restriction put on their CDL. We have just under 200 tractors and maybe one or two is a stick.

ManInBrown

They train all of our drivers in automatics. They have a restriction put on their CDL. We have just under 200 tractors and maybe one or two is a stick.
So they allow drivers to come from package with an auto only restriction? Here it’s only the peak off the street drivers who have that. as far as I know we can’t transfer to feeders from package with that restriction. What building are you out of?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
So they allow drivers to come from package with an auto only restriction? Here it’s only the peak off the street drivers who have that. as far as I know we can’t transfer to feeders from package with that restriction. What building are you out of?

To my knowledge, the package car drivers coming into feeders have no auto designation. But since we have a fleet that is nearly 100% automatics, that’s how they are classified.

robot

Has A Large Member
Ever since that ivis update over the weekend my tractor will not connect with my ivis. Not sure if it’s the tractor or ivis. Any work arounds? I’ve restarted my ivis several times.

Knothead

Yep.
Ever since that ivis update over the weekend my tractor will not connect with my ivis. Not sure if it’s the tractor or ivis. Any work arounds? I’ve restarted my ivis several times.
Enjoy the unlimited idle time. Entering your mileage on every turn is a small price to pay.

DblsTrpls

Hello, all. Question for you- I have an opportunity to go in off the street as a feeder driver. I want to, but, I’m hesitant because it’s an hour one way, and I know it’s nearly impossible to transfer. Saw this section on here, and thought I’d throw out a question. Worth it, or no?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello, all. Question for you- I have an opportunity to go in off the street as a feeder driver. I want to, but, I’m hesitant because it’s an hour one way, and I know it’s nearly impossible to transfer. Saw this section on here, and thought I’d throw out a question. Worth it, or no?

My question to you is why would you ask a bunch of strangers on the internet about your future

There’s a ton of information pros and cons on this website

I suggest you learn how to use the search function and start reading