Siveriano

So got my permit last week and yesterday got my doubles and triples yet haven't heard back from HR feeders from the building I got called, I had been trying to call the girl every day from different number and at different times (even 1am) and no answer, got next Wednesday off and im guessing im just gonna drive up to the building and surprise her. A friend who went to feeders told me they have you take a drug test before school so im trying to get it done on my day off Wednesday.

Johney

So got my permit last week and yesterday got my doubles and triples yet haven't heard back from HR feeders from the building I got called, I had been trying to call the girl every day from different number and at different times (even 1am) and no answer, got next Wednesday off and im guessing im just gonna drive up to the building and surprise her. A friend who went to feeders told me they have you take a drug test before school so im trying to get it done on my day off Wednesday.
Wait until they tell you to take the drug test it's only good for a certain period of time(1 month?). So if you get it done and they don't train you in that time frame you'll need to do it again.

barnyard

KTM rider

When my feeder school was scheduled, my on road knew about it and they sent me a message on the diad. I did not call anyone about any of it, they got a hold of me.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
When I took my CDL test, there were questions about how to tell if the slack adjusters were set properly.
the adjusting nuts were 9/16 th.in most cases , probably on the older trailers. we were told ( when i started with non union companies ) to tighten all the way in and then back off 1/2 turn. when i started at UPS could not believe the drivers were not required nor responsible for this.

i would bring sets to shop to have mechanic check adjustments . they would always find at least 2 out sometimes more. sometimes they would find ( rare ) something bad enough to red tag the trailer. the dispatch would love that.

Siveriano

When my feeder school was scheduled, my on road knew about it, and they sent me a message on the diad. I did not call anyone about any of it, they got a hold of me.
Not here our management team is kinda trash when it comes to let drivers go and mainly me being one of the few who keeps management in check, my coworker was like me always keeping management on check, and he was Tuesday to Saturday when he got called to the school our manager told him he was gonna be discipline if he didn't come to work on Saturday and that he will refuse his transfer to which obviously he just laughed at his face and now is running a nice route on feeders, Sunday night to Thursday night 3 day weekend.
Our manager is one big bully who is used to get it his way. Too bad for him tho.

Johney

Not here our management team is kinda trash when it comes to let drivers go and mainly me being one of the few who keeps management in check, my coworker was like me always keeping management on check, and he was Tuesday to Saturday when he got called to the school our manager told him he was gonna be discipline if he didn't come to work on Saturday and that he will refuse his transfer to which obviously he just laughed at his face and now is running a nice route on feeders, Sunday night to Thursday night 3 day weekend.
Our manager is one big bully who is used to get it his way. Too bad for him tho.
Not really. You're off Friday morning so you sleep some of that day away and you have to work Sunday night so you sleep some of that day away. So really you have Friday night, all day Saturday and Saturday night. Maybe a few hours Sunday morning. The good runs are Mon-Thurs.

brostalss

Not really. You're off Friday morning so you sleep some of that day away and you have to work Sunday night so you sleep some of that day away. So really you have Friday night, all day Saturday and Saturday night. Maybe a few hours Sunday morning. The good runs are Mon-Thurs.
Three day sleeper teams aren’t bad either. Tuesday thru Thursday.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
He's working 5 days, it's not a 3 day weekend unless you guys have some kind of 8 day week there. That being said Sun-Thur is a nice schedule if having both Friday night and Saturday night off is important to you.

brostalss

He's working 5 days, it's not a 3 day weekend unless you guys have some kind of 8 day week there. That being said Sun-Thur is a nice schedule if having both Friday night and Saturday night off is important to you.
A huge advantage of a Sun-Thurs run is you don't have to deal with any holiday Friday getaway traffic.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
But, you are forced to work Labor day and Memorial day night. At least here. You get Sunday as your holiday, but have to work Monday.
Other way around here, our guys work Sunday and get Monday off like everyone else. The senior guys always put in for an optional on Sunday and make it a 4 day weekend.

Johney

Other way around here, our guys work Sunday and get Monday off like everyone else. The senior guys always put in for an optional on Sunday and make it a 4 day weekend.
I've heard it's like that elsewhere. Funny thing is here is they all put in opt 3 for Monday.