Asked to start before scheduled start time?

By The Book

Section 2
Any employee may be required to report to work before his/her reg-
ular starting time and in such event, he/she shall be paid at the rate
of one and one-half (1 1/2) times his/her regular straight-time
hourly rate for all hours worked before his/her regular starting time
in addition to the employee’s regular guarantee.
The last part......about the guarantee is huge, good good!

Dr.Brownz

If im there at 845pm and the schedule said 9am and they want everyone to start early becaus preload miraculously finished early I say no and proceed to not pay attention at the pcm. Then at 9 I get up and stretch for 4 minutes then I go to work

BUCN85

Well I'm in the central states. And never have been paid 1x1/2 when asked to come in at 820-830 to run EAM's. I don't know if it's because they asked me and I didn't mind to come in. Yet I am an on call at 815 driver (which I have only not been called in twice in 2 years) so that can be an issue. Don't know

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well I'm in the central states. And never have been paid 1x1/2 when asked to come in at 820-830 to run EAM's. I don't know if it's because they asked me and I didn't mind to come in. Yet I am an on call at 815 driver (which I have only not been called in twice in 2 years) so that can be an issue. Don't know
They're not to going to give it away your gonna have to press the issue

By The Book

What is your "posted" start time? If you drive and are already on overtime at 8 hours and receive the difference of when you started earlier than your posted start time, you are being paid time and a half. An example is if you are on the clock for 9 hours and start 1 hour before your scheduled start and you are paid 1 hour overtime.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What is your "posted" start time? If you drive and are already on overtime at 8 hours and receive the difference of when you started earlier than your posted start time, you are being paid time and a half. An example is if you are on the clock for 9 hours and start 1 hour before your scheduled start and you are paid 1 hour overtime.
Nope

The hour before your regular start time is 1 1/2 times your regular rate.
As is anything after your scheduled 8 hours is up

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Nope

The hour before your regular start time is 1 1/2 times your regular rate.
As is anything after your scheduled 8 hours is up

Sort of.

anything after your scheduled 8 hours is up

Your scheduled 8 hours is from your posted schedule, not your early start.

If you start 1 hour early, you will be paid time and a half for that hour, but you will not get overtime on the backend until you work 8 hours straight time, 8 hours from your posted start time. At least in the Central.

ARTICLE 12-HOURS OF WORK

Section 10

Overtime pay shall not be pyramided.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And that right there is what apparently confuses the hell out of my BA.

The way I read it is you should get 7 hours regular and 2 hours of OT in this scenario.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sort of.

Your scheduled 8 hours is from your posted schedule, not your early start.

If you start 1 hour early, you will be paid time and a half for that hour, but you will not get overtime on the backend until you work 8 hours straight time, 8 hours from your posted start time. At least in the Central.

ARTICLE 12-HOURS OF WORK

Section 10

Overtime pay shall not be pyramided.
Then what's the point of the language?