Bad negotiating committee?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
21FB5991-A525-4D01-BAA0-4CA49C90CB83.gif
Whose job is it to mobilize membership?

The extreme apathy among membership is a reflection on leadership.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Whose job is it to mobilize membership?

The extreme apathy among membership is a reflection on leadership.

This point cannot be stressed enough.

We have certain higher ups in the union who feel that the best way to bring about brotherhood is to tell a large portion of their base that the members are all morons.

And then they throw up their hands and go, "well why weren't you trying to be a productive member?"

If you consistently treat your members like they are all the village idiot, and ignore what they say, you are the ultimate cause of the apathy and discontent with the union. Not talking to anyone in particular, @BigUnionGuy.

Superteeth2478

So BUG, do you see anything wrong with that text from "Sam" trying to spread fear among the members? "Sam" and the union as a whole both know there will be no work stoppage no matter what the members vote, so why are they fear mongering to garner a "yes" vote? Is it perhaps because they have a stake in getting the membership to agree with a sellout contract? Is there any greater evidence for collusion?

Last edited:

Tony Q

And you don't think it's embarrassing....

When all the average member can do, is "parrot" the TDU byline ?

What was the % of members that voted for strike authorization ?

Oops....
I wish I could say but it would be bad. Let’s just put it this way. It is one of the most embarrassing things I have seen yet.

Poop Head

Judge me.
It's too bad that the strike authorization vote counted for :censored2: anyways because the union leadership doesn't have the balls to use it in the first place...
I think a lockout is more likely. After peak. Ups will have to show Wall Street that they ain't no chumps,. They got Orion, pas system, automated hubs, etc... Friggin monkeys can do these jobs now.
Of course, that's if the contract gets voted down. Which it won't. So i don't know what everyone is so worked up about

I hope they call a strike so you can see just how many of your brothers will stand with you.
Shouldn't you be polishing Hoffas golf clubs or something? Or at least go put on your cheerleader outfit and try to sell this garbage contract?

I guarantee you , you couldn't look me in the eye with a straight face and tell me this is a good contract

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I hope they call a strike so you can see just how many of your brothers will stand with you.
You are amusing. No one crosses a teamster picket line but a handful of morons, that will not be employed long after the strike. You know this. Nice try. Try another scare tactic. That one isn’t flying.

Siveriano

At our building unfortunately our shop stewards are basically alone. yes the "big" union guys come now and then but like yesterday one of the showed up at our center and was saying how great the contract was going to be because a lot of feeders driver were retiring and that ups plans to stop using the trains so its more feeders work.

I saw a supervisor moving some parcels and i called him out for it in front of this big union guy who just laugh.

Also hate to see how my brothers are afraid of management, like there is about 50 driver at our center and is about only 5 of us who actually fight with the contract in hand against management, everyone else just complain when no one is around.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
At our building unfortunately our shop stewards are basically alone. yes the "big" union guys come now and then but like yesterday one of the showed up at our center and was saying how great the contract was going to be because a lot of feeders driver were retiring and that ups plans to stop using the trains so its more feeders work.

I saw a supervisor moving some parcels and i called him out for it in front of this big union guy who just laugh.

Also hate to see how my brothers are afraid of management, like there is about 50 driver at our center and is about only 5 of us who actually fight with the contract in hand against management, everyone else just complain when no one is around.
Shop stewards are just there, but with all this confusion caused from the companies lack of organization the contract after this one from what I was told will be the verge of UPS busting the union. Even though we might think the union is in bed with the company , they're main goal is to bust the union with less pay will boost their stock and unfortunately decrease the service.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I believe the previous strike vote was at 27 %..Slightly over 62,500 participated out of 250,000 eligible..93 % voted for the Strike option the other 7 % were too scared or newbies..

Considering that for the most part only 40 percent of UPS Members ever turned in a ballot, you can see the real concern that the status quo has with this upcoming vote.

They are really counting on the uninformed low seniority part timer votes to squeeze this one through.

I know one thing for certain any individual "No" vote will be from mostly high seniority part timers and full timers that have lived through it and see what is happening, it is called wisdom. On the opposite the "yes" votes will be from the low seniority members who are either ignorant, misinformed or scared of a work stoppage. You will also have your share of high seniority full timers who tend to look out for themselves and have no empathy for anybody else who is left behind, Me, Myself and I mentality or borderline sociopaths.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

So you claimed to be on the negotiating committee is some form or another..And you just advocating "Members Crossing a Picket Line"..What is wrong with this "Picture" or am I missing something?