Bad negotiating committee?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Have you ever heard of the Peter principle?

Unfortunately, I believe this is a major issue in our local union, and probably many locals around the country. Just because someone is a good steward doesn't mean they will be a good BA. A good BA won't always transition into, or be able to grow into a good VP or president.

You keep saying that these things can be addressed on the local level, and in a perfect world they would be. Right now our local has their head in the sand believing the company isn't going to abuse contractors, and that 22.4 drivers won't take work from RPCD's. Meanwhile, the company is already playing games to set up contractor abuse in feeders and we haven't even voted.

That's why I think this needed to be addressed in the master. Why not let the big shots and their high dollar lawyers take care of this instead of putting this on locals to fix in their supplements? Some locals aren't fortunate enough to have strong leadership and change takes time.
When the argument to vote yes on the national is well we fixed it in the supplement. That's a terrible argument.

You're admitting the national has flaws.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I just did my part, voted no/no.
475c6a0422609b2017be41416e2075fc.gif

Raw

Raw Member
Ton's of yes votes are coming from drivers who will be retiring in the next few years. They say this will get them out the door and that's all they care about.
I want out after over 30 years! I`d leave this year if pension boost was at the start of the contract as it should be......

542thruNthru

Can't figure out what ups wants to happen. They have enough money for us to walk for a week if that what it takes. This morning I found out that ups took the 8 hour request rule out of the contract, no one knows that yet

You can still request a 8 hour day. That is not going away. What may have happened is they removed your specific 8 hour language in your supplement. The Master still has it under Article 37.
Screenshot_20180913-122358.png