Bad negotiating committee?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Can't figure out what ups wants to happen. They have enough money for us to walk for a week if that what it takes. This morning I found out that ups took the 8 hour request rule out of the contract, no one knows that yet

What'dyabringmetoday???

In your illustrious career at UPS....

What are your accomplishments ?

-Bug-
For someone who likes to "point out" having over forty years with UPS, sometimes you can act as if it is your first day on the playground at kindergarten. Not everyone is going to see things....the way that you do. Perhaps pointing out....the great things the "leadership" has accomplished rather than belittling the folks that they "lead" might be a good avenue. Of course- I am sure that you will....do things as you choose. If you feel that this a " great contract", then that is fine. But if others do not agree, that should be fine. I look forward to seeing your fifty- year plaque. I know that you are a very, proud UPS person.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I believe the previous strike vote was at 27 %..Slightly over 62,500 participated out of 250,000 eligible..93 % voted for the Strike option the other 7 % were too scared or newbies..

Considering that for the most part only 40 percent of UPS Members ever turned in a ballot, you can see the real concern that the status quo has with this upcoming vote.

They are really counting on the uninformed low seniority part timer votes to squeeze this one through.

I know one thing for certain any individual "No" vote will be from mostly high seniority part timers and full timers that have lived through it and see what is happening, it is called wisdom. On the opposite the "yes" votes will be from the low seniority members who are either ignorant, misinformed or scared of a work stoppage. You will also have your share of high seniority full timers who tend to look out for themselves and have no empathy for anybody else who is left behind, Me, Myself and I mentality or borderline sociopaths.

Ton's of yes votes are coming from drivers who will be retiring in the next few years. They say this will get them out the door and that's all they care about.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I believe the previous strike vote was at 27 %..Slightly over 62,500 participated out of 250,000 eligible..93 % voted for the Strike option the other 7 % were too scared or newbies..

Considering that for the most part only 40 percent of UPS Members ever turned in a ballot, you can see the real concern that the status quo has with this upcoming vote.

They are really counting on the uninformed low seniority part timer votes to squeeze this one through.

I know one thing for certain any individual "No" vote will be from mostly high seniority part timers and full timers that have lived through it and see what is happening, it is called wisdom. On the opposite the "yes" votes will be from the low seniority members who are either ignorant, misinformed or scared of a work stoppage. You will also have your share of high seniority full timers who tend to look out for themselves and have no empathy for anybody else who is left behind, Me, Myself and I mentality or borderline sociopaths.

Ton's of yes votes are coming from drivers who will be retiring in the next few years. They say this will get them out the door and that's all they care about. It's shocked me how many times I've heard drivers say that while discussing this contract.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So you skip over my post telling you they're cutting feeder runs to lower the baseline for Contracting, but get your panties in a wad when I mentioned the teamsters being incompetent when it comes to text messaging. Nice!

You're right, I don't like hearing criticism about elected Officials or the IBT.

For 2 reasons....

Until someone takes the time, money, and effort, to assume the responsibility for the

thousands of members in your Local, I don't feel they are qualified to judge.

And, how many times have I seen newly elected Officials do a 180 degree turn....

after finding out what the job is all about.

So yeah.... I get pissed, and lash out.

It's nothing personal.

Our feeder department mixed and matched runs with pickups so they could cut runs before the contract is ratified. Any idea why they would do that? Maybe to set the baseline for the use of contractors out of our building?

That would be a question for your Local to answer.

We now have 480 mile runs with CPU work at the beginning and end. It's like a planned 12+ hour day on a 5 day job with beach traffic a good part of the year. It's not one run like this, it's quite a few.

In freight terminology, the CPU work at the beginning and the end of a run would be

known as a "warm up" and a "cool down".

It's pretty common in the trucking industry.

-Bug-

Tony Q

So you claimed to be on the negotiating committee is some form or another..And you just advocating "Members Crossing a Picket Line"..What is wrong with this "Picture" or am I missing something?
I never claimed anything. What I am saying in the quoted post is that looking at the strik authorization vote turnout I would be very surprised if a lot of members wouldn’t cross a picket line. I know you don’t want to hear this reality, but it could be one big fat reality.

Tony Q

Shouldn't you be polishing Hoffas golf clubs or something? Or at least go put on your cheerleader outfit and try to sell this garbage contract?

I guarantee you , you couldn't look me in the eye with a straight face and tell me this is a good contract
I’m no fan of Hoffa but I will sell this contract. I could do it with a straight face looking you in the eye.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Ton's of yes votes are coming from drivers who will be retiring in the next few years. They say this will get them out the door and that's all they care about.

I’ve been hearing this from a lot of the older hard heads in my center. Sad.

touchyaneibordotcom.png

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
That would be a question for your Local to answer.

Have you ever heard of the Peter principle?

Unfortunately, I believe this is a major issue in our local union, and probably many locals around the country. Just because someone is a good steward doesn't mean they will be a good BA. A good BA won't always transition into, or be able to grow into a good VP or president.

You keep saying that these things can be addressed on the local level, and in a perfect world they would be. Right now our local has their head in the sand believing the company isn't going to abuse contractors, and that 22.4 drivers won't take work from RPCD's. Meanwhile, the company is already playing games to set up contractor abuse in feeders and we haven't even voted.

That's why I think this needed to be addressed in the master. Why not let the big shots and their high dollar lawyers take care of this instead of putting this on locals to fix in their supplements? Some locals aren't fortunate enough to have strong leadership and change takes time.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
DENNIS TAYLOR, (UPS NEGOTIATOR). YOU NEED TO GOOOOOO BROOO...:kickedoutsmile::youreright:. YOU SELL US ALL OUT, WE TEAMSTERS MEMBERS ARE VOTING NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor-news_FB.jpg