BAD NEWS: UPS just threatened to train "new hires" so they don't have to raise wages

I don’t know but this game of chicken is going to put a lot of people out of work. The sad part is if we go on strike this company will never be the same The sad part is all of these people that are all excited about having a strike they just get what they were asking for and in the end if a lot of us lose jobs out of this boy, I challenge anyone to go find a job that we have now with the wages and benefits. So sad.
Why don’t you just go to college and get a real job? Are you too poor or too stupid?

Over70irregs

what’s up with people on here constantly asking us to compare our wage and benefits to grocery stores?

Grocery stores literally have one of, if not the least profit of any business in america

Meanwhile UPS is the most successful logistics company in the world with the most powerful union in the country

How about you shut up and go lick some more corporate boots
Dang

542thruNthru

Suggestion , learn the contract before you come on here and explain it .
Suggestion... learn that there are 17 different pensions and how they work across the country and multiple different health and welfare spelled out in many different supplements across the country.

30 years with the company? I bet I've forgotten more about the contract then you've ever known. Lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Suggestion... learn that there are 17 different pensions and how they work across the country and multiple different health and welfare spelled out in many different supplements across the country.

30 years with the company? I bet I've forgotten more about the contract then you've ever known. Lol
1689493154295.gif

moldsporh

Just to clarify not sure what my wage was in 1980 but in 1982 starting PT wages were $8/hr unskilled and $9/hr skilled and preload. Several Dollars less then what I was making.

Yeah, that stayed for quite awhile.

Not saying current PT's shouldn't be paid more, but when current PT loaders try to compare to PT loaders before EDD..they likely have no idea how it was.

Imagine current loaders having to keep track of stop counts for each PC along with not having a neat little label telling them what PC each package goes on AND what shelf and location.

It was different times, our "skilled labor" was a bit different.

There was no going to another pull and cleaning up quick, you stood there in front of a monster pile of boxes picking through very slowly.

So $9 hr starting was a good rate, but you definitely worked for it. EDD was huge help for preloaders for sure.

vvv

Finally, some are getting it.
Negotiating 101 is not punishing a company or bringing it to its knees.
His quotes.
Enjoy your vacation.
So what you are saying is you would cherish the thought of being the one to keep maintaining the kneeling position instead of the company.

Question.....do you swallow or spit?

I GOT ONE MORE

Yeah, that stayed for quite awhile.

Not saying current PT's shouldn't be paid more, but when current PT loaders try to compare to PT loaders before EDD..they likely have no idea how it was.

Imagine current loaders having to keep track of stop counts for each PC along with not having a neat little label telling them what PC each package goes on AND what shelf and location.

It was different times, our "skilled labor" was a bit different.

There was no going to another pull and cleaning up quick, you stood there in front of a monster pile of boxes picking through very slowly.

So $9 hr starting was a good rate, but you definitely worked for it. EDD was huge help for preloaders for sure.
Exactly my point for all the years I was there.
UPS has been slowly making way to kick the Union out.
Imagine a UPS where all the drama every 4-5 years vanishes.
No more pension payments, no more premium medical, no more lazy employees (you are fired), no more 50$ hour.
The writing’s been on the wall for awhile.

over9five

Staff member
Friday July 14th, 18:00PDT
Just heard on a national news affiliate... UPS waited until after hours, to announce they will have no plans to pay more, and will train new hires to get through the strike. Written news stories and broadcast news will probably start running the story tonight or tomorrow.
Nobody, no company, in their right mind is going to believe UPS can continue to provide service during a strike.