HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
"it’s going to be a problem for me"

WITHIN 5 MINUTES, That would be repeated to my steward and business agent
IF you are doing the job correctly, there is nothing they can do about it.
You better be doing the job right or they'll find a way to make you pay.

Last edited:

Back first

I’m a new driver (less than 1 yr) I’ve been told multiple times by different sups that I was promoted as a “scratch” driver and I need to scratch EVERY day. And if I don’t it’s going to be a problem for me. I know I shouldn’t worry about their numbers but I really just want to stay off the radar and not have a target on my back. I work hard and give 100% every day. The majority of days I run scratch and if I’m over it’s not by a lot. However, there are still some days when things aren’t going my way and it’s a struggle. They don’t care though. All they look at is the bottom line. Just a scare tactic or should I be concerned?
If you give uPS your best everyday, doesn’t matter what a sup. Says. Fair days work for a fair days pay. Get out of the habit of not looking at your performance daily. Doesn’t matter how fast you deliver it is never good enough.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’m a new driver (less than 1 yr) I’ve been told multiple times by different sups that I was promoted as a “scratch” driver and I need to scratch EVERY day. And if I don’t it’s going to be a problem for me. I know I shouldn’t worry about their numbers but I really just want to stay off the radar and not have a target on my back. I work hard and give 100% every day. The majority of days I run scratch and if I’m over it’s not by a lot. However, there are still some days when things aren’t going my way and it’s a struggle. They don’t care though. All they look at is the bottom line. Just a scare tactic or should I be concerned?

Got some bad news for you

You’re already on the radar

ski or die

Ski or Die
Used to hear the same garbage about being over allowed. They would OJS and I would do everything by the book and end up looking worse than my normal days, so they finally just gave up. And, everytime they take you into the office, demand a steward be present. Good case of harassment. They will stop when they see you have a pair of !!!!.

El Correcto

god is dead
This could be considered dishonesty. You basically lied to them through training saying you could do the job and now can’t? You think because your union you don’t have to work?

El Correcto

god is dead
Honestly though, they will try to intimidate you and harass you. My first year I got two intent to terminate. It’s just part of being a new guy, quit caring about their radar and start filing. It works.

Ghost in the Darkness

Management personnel are dummies who needed a place to hide in this company. They can't do what we do, they are just told to crack the whip. They are only puppets and the only thing they can do is harass. Work safely and keep moving you will be fine.

Thegameisrigged

Scare tactic. Just keep dong your job correctly and there’s nothing they can do about it. Correctly doesn’t include moving at THEIR pace or ORION’s pace. Everyday is different and they can’t hold you to a performance standard per the contract. Just tell them you go out and give your all everyday. Y’all be fine.

F

Frankie's Friend

Used to hear the same garbage about being over allowed. They would OJS and I would do everything by the book and end up looking worse than my normal days, so they finally just gave up. And, everytime they take you into the office, demand a steward be present. Good case of harassment. They will stop when they see you have a pair of !!!!.
The center manager (& ors) took one of our older drivers into the office three times about his "overallowed". The third time he asked for a steward. The company refused to give him one.

The steward came into the office anyway and they threw him out.

The steward filed a grievance and charges with the area NLRB office.

The BA called the labor board and nullified the steward's charges.

Moral of the story:
Be prepared to go it alone if your ba sucks.

Do everything by the book.

F

Frankie's Friend

WOW...and how is this BA still allowed to be involved in union business?
Good question. Many stewards and members hate him. And for just cause.
This is just one incident. There are more.

Justice comes slowly but it still comes.
PS: He barely won his election last time. The clock is ticking.

trickpony1

I vaguely recall language in the national contract about, in essence, "...do no harm..." to another union member.

It appears he has violated this?

john chesney

Do not fear. This will soon end in 30 years after you been fired 3 times, file Osha charges, 50 or more grievances because no one cares until you do.You won’t have a life especially when you get older and it takes all weekend just to recover to do it again.Sorry this is the way it’s going to be till the day you leave this place.It just gets worse

john chesney

The center manager (& ors) took one of our older drivers into the office three times about his "overallowed". The third time he asked for a steward. The company refused to give him one.

Moral of the story:

DOUBLE LAWSUIT I wish someone would of tried that on me

Moral of the story:

That would never happen here. But again we have a good BA.

F

Frankie's Friend

That would never happen here. But again we have a good BA.
Be thankful. Ours sucks. If he's still there in a yr and if I'm still there I'm prob going to run against his company loving butt.