BurntSienna

I’m a new driver (less than 1 yr) I’ve been told multiple times by different sups that I was promoted as a “scratch” driver and I need to scratch EVERY day. And if I don’t it’s going to be a problem for me. I know I shouldn’t worry about their numbers but I really just want to stay off the radar and not have a target on my back. I work hard and give 100% every day. The majority of days I run scratch and if I’m over it’s not by a lot. However, there are still some days when things aren’t going my way and it’s a struggle. They don’t care though. All they look at is the bottom line. Just a scare tactic or should I be concerned?

F

Frankie's Friend

I’m a new driver (less than 1 yr) I’ve been told multiple times by different sups that I was promoted as a “scratch” driver and I need to scratch EVERY day. And if I don’t it’s going to be a problem for me. I know I shouldn’t worry about their numbers but I really just want to stay off the radar and not have a target on my back. I work hard and give 100% every day. The majority of days I run scratch and if I’m over it’s not by a lot. However, there are still some days when things aren’t going my way and it’s a struggle. They don’t care though. All they look at is the bottom line. Just a scare tactic or should I be concerned?
What article is running "scratch" under in your rider, supplement, or national language.

Have them show it to you.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Post a selfie.
c4Cnzny.gif

Dr.Brownz

Just say ok and then forget about whatever they are saying and go out and work slower. Take an hour lunch and all breaks so your outbound pieces don't make it back in time for trailer . They can't do anything. You shouldn't have to kill yourself out there to do the job out

AlliSeeisBrown

Don't pay it any mind. Their numbers games don't concern you. There are some routes in my building that are impossible to scratch (courtesy of the dispatcher). My supervisor told me "good job" one time for going 1.5hr over allowed on this one route.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Same old story. They are trying to scare you. I used to get OJS'ed all the time. Don't let them scare you

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Same old story. They are trying to scare you. I used to get OJS'ed all the time. Don't let them scare you
I would come up to them on days that my truck was fked if they were bitching at me and told them to come out with me TODAY.....none of those fools ever did...always had an excuse...

sandwich

The resident gearhead
It's just
Its just a scare tactic. There is nothing they can discipline you for. Pay it no mind.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ask for your steward anytime they mention performance.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is a startling development!!!

I have never heard of such a thing at UPS???

Let me make a few calls and get back to you.

IESucks

Scare tactic. Do your best. Follow the rules and nothing will happen

542thruNthru

You're new and they like to try and bully the new guys. The more you run, the more they will do it. You need to learn to ignore it. This will help you in your career. Do the job right and they can't touch you. Stop worrying about being on a radar and man up.