J92

Hi,

I started as a part-time supervisor back in May. I have a degree but I haven't been able to find a decent position. I was wondering what are the raises for part-time sup's? Are there any bonuses? You can obviously tell that my compensation at this position is very low. With a degree, can I leverage it to land a full-time position as plant engineer or somewhere else (IT, Accounting & Finance, etc.) within UPS. I'm currently in Operations as a part-time supervisor.

I realize that my current position isn't the best but I still want to see if I can move up into full-time and leverage it. I am looking for an evening shift. I know UPS has money. Any advice is helpful.

J92

bbsam

Staff member
I've tried but it's a tough market. I moved from Indianapolis to Cincinnati just to have a job. Is their no definite path here at UPS?
Get into management at Fedex Ground. Seriously. They have a lot of full time positions open and would jump at your resume. I can almost guarantee you'd have a far faster path through the ranks.

J92

depends on who you know
I got my resume passed along to in the Accounting and Finance Department in Indianapolis. I also had my resume passed on in the Cincy IT department. I'll pass on sales/business development and I think Operations FT is really a seniority and sucking it up to your boss deal. I just wanted to see if you guys had any tips.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I got my resume passed along to in the Accounting and Finance Department in Indianapolis. I also had my resume passed on in the Cincy IT department. I'll pass on sales/business development and I think Operations FT is really a seniority and sucking it up to your boss deal. I just wanted to see if you guys had any tips.
you got a degree, so maybe if you stick out a while you may get promoted

J92

Get into management at Fedex Ground. Seriously. They have a lot of full time positions open and would jump at your resume. I can almost guarantee you'd have a far faster path through the ranks.

Thanks! I'll look into FedEx Ground. I need to do my research on it. I wonder what kind of shift hours they have.

J92

It's hard advancing from a part time to to a full time sup. You may have to get transferred.

Do you know what the raises are for PT management? I doubt that this given but do they have bonuses? I'd figure I could ask for a pay raise based on merit with me having a degree. I got a lot of certifications at UPS (HAZMAT certified, ESTA certified, yard certified, etc.) and I'm cleared on my medical examination. I still need to pass the drive test to be DOT certified for the package cars at least. I think the FT sups above me are trying to utilize me as a on-road sup part-time. Not sure.

Do you know what the raises are for PT management? I doubt that this given but do they have bonuses? I'd figure I could ask for a pay raise based on merit with me having a degree. I got a lot of certifications at UPS (HAZMAT certified, ESTA certified, yard certified, etc.) and I'm cleared on my medical examination. I still need to pass the drive test to be DOT certified for the package cars at least. I think the FT sups above me are trying to utilize me as a on-road sup part-time. Not sure.
I haven't a clue except the ones that I know say they don't make very much money.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hi,

I started as a part-time supervisor back in May. I have a degree but I haven't been able to find a decent position. I was wondering what are the raises for part-time sup's? Are there any bonuses? You can obviously tell that my compensation at this position is very low. With a degree, can I leverage it to land a full-time position as plant engineer or somewhere else (IT, Accounting & Finance, etc.) within UPS. I'm currently in Operations as a part-time supervisor.

I realize that my current position isn't the best but I still want to see if I can move up into full-time and leverage it. I am looking for an evening shift. I know UPS has money. Any advice is helpful.

J92
If it were me in your position, I would talk to the higher up's and share your ambitions. Suck up and kiss the ring!

40 and out

Do you even work for UPS? You seem to know nothing for someone who does. I have never heard of a part-time on-road sup.

J92

If it were me in your position, I would talk to the higher up's and share your ambitions. Suck up and kiss the ring!

They know. They just don't care as much. It's more of a thing for them to have me do most of their job for them than to help me move up. I manage car wash folks, hazmat auditors, high value, oil and gas, clerks and customer counter and I'm assuming eventually drivers on-road. I doubt there looking at me to move up since it would be a hard sell to replace me.