Big announcement coming in Jan

Serf

Really?? You want ground to take more of our work?

Great to see so many on board with a race to full pt operations...
I’m very curious as to how it would and could work. It just seems the writing is on the wall already. From my standpoint, not a lot of others...a 30$ an hr job working 30 hrs a week sounds good to me.

bacha29

No big announcement the chiefs know they must do something but they have no idea what to do.
Looking now like the big January announcement will come and go but here's a couple of things to keep in mind and keep in mind I'm NOT saying that this will or could impact events going forward..

1. December truck freight was down 7.9%. the steepest monthly decline since 2009 and marks the 13th straight month of YOY declines.

2. As a result of the stock pull back X's market cap is currently 42 billion. Berkshire Hathaway currently has 128 billion in cash on hand and old Warren has
publicly stated that's he's on the prowl for "white elephants" and needless to say that he also holds big chunk of BNSF railroad.

P1 Failure

Fedex is spending. In France they they are investing heavily. New Express stations popping up in the States and Canada. Sydney Australia is gonna get a new hub/station. Aukland NZ has a new place they just moved into. Integrating TNT has taken longer but it’s happening. Once it’s all said and done it will make us a stronger company. There’s a lot of movement happening in the rest of the world for us.

dezguy

I’m very curious as to how it would and could work. It just seems the writing is on the wall already. From my standpoint, not a lot of others...a 30$ an hr job working 30 hrs a week sounds good to me.
That's you. You're wanting ground to take express freight because you want to work less.

Personally, I want to retire early and would rather work a standard 40 work week to help achieve that. I'm sure young guys and gals just starting out would hope for the same.

bacha29

Fedex is spending. In France they they are investing heavily. New Express stations popping up in the States and Canada. Sydney Australia is gonna get a new hub/station. Aukland NZ has a new place they just moved into. Integrating TNT has taken longer but it’s happening. Once it’s all said and done it will make us a stronger company. There’s a lot of movement happening in the rest of the world for us.
Your company is spending and spending and spending over there. The questions is , is a there a payback to begin with ,when will it happen and will it be big enough to justify the investment?

ManInBrown

All you need to know about unions is, if we didn’t have one at UPS, we’d be getting :censored2: on daily just like FedEx employees. Any blue collar worker that is not in favor of unions isn’t real bright.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
All you need to know about unions is, if we didn’t have one at UPS, we’d be getting :censored2: on daily just like FedEx employees. Any blue collar worker that is not in favor of unions isn’t real bright.
That’s correct.

The reason why unions were started because workers were so taken advantage of.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Looking now like the big January announcement will come and go but here's a couple of things to keep in mind and keep in mind I'm NOT saying that this will or could impact events going forward..

1. December truck freight was down 7.9%. the steepest monthly decline since 2009 and marks the 13th straight month of YOY declines.

2. As a result of the stock pull back X's market cap is currently 42 billion. Berkshire Hathaway currently has 128 billion in cash on hand and old Warren has
publicly stated that's he's on the prowl for "white elephants" and needless to say that he also holds big chunk of BNSF railroad.

And here are our random bits of information that mean nothing to any of us.

ManInBrown

That’s correct.

The reason why unions were started because workers were so taken advantage of.
Of course, it’s a joke. The union is the sole reason I make $37 an hour. For a measly $92 a month union due fee. Cadillac bennies. If we didn’t have a union at UPS people would be fired everyday for no reason and we’d be making $25 bucks an hour with years of “Sorry no raise this year, even though we made 450 million in profit”

Of course, it’s a joke. The union is the sole reason I make $37 an hour. For a measly $92 a month union due fee. Cadillac bennies. If we didn’t have a union at UPS people would be fired everyday for no reason and we’d be making $25 bucks an hour with years of “Sorry no raise this year, even though we made 450 million in profit”
UPS made 6 Billion last year

bacha29

And here are our random bits of information that mean nothing to any of us.
You is not "us" and you you don't speak for everyone on this site. Furthermore you're inability to offer an insightful analysis or forward looking guidance regarding the matter is why they make people like you so called "managers" They're cheap and plentiful and in many cases little more than glorified secretaries.

bacha29

Despite their short comings unions are for the time being the best means for achieving employee representation in the workplace. While it is often difficult for a union to acquire terms and conditions perfectly tailored to the personal desires of every single individual worker and can only do it's best to represent it's membership as a whole what it can get through collective bargaining is often far better than what the individual can get on their own.

vantexan

You is not "us" and you you don't speak for everyone on this site. Furthermore you're inability to offer an insightful analysis or forward looking guidance regarding the matter is why they make people like you so called "managers" They're cheap and plentiful and in many cases little more than glorified secretaries.
You ain't us either Zeke. Come to think of it, I no longer is. Shucks.