Big announcement coming in Jan

P1 Failure

I know of one locally: Boulder CO. LAAA/FNLA supersized Station.

i don’t know about other areas.
Let’s see: Oklahoma City,new Boulder station,newer station in Denver,Charleston SC,Toronto, Everett WA, newish station Windsor ON,St George UT.that’s all I can think of at the moment

Last edited:

P1 Failure

Your company is spending and spending and spending over there. The questions is , is a there a payback to begin with ,when will it happen and will it be big enough to justify the investment?

Well I have faith in the company. You have to look at the bigger picture of what the company is doing and the investments they are making. I feel a lot of employees don’t see that.

bacha29

Well I have faith in the company. You have to look at the bigger picture of what the company is doing and the investments they are making. I feel a lot of employees don’t see that.
The only thing employees need to see is if they're name is still on the payroll after Fat Freddy gets done spending billions and the payback fails to materialize.

MAKAVELI

They aren't investing in their front-line workers that's the problem. They got a huge tax break and they can't even give us the step raise that they promised while the executives get their fat bonuses.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You is not "us" and you you don't speak for everyone on this site. Furthermore you're inability to offer an insightful analysis or forward looking guidance regarding the matter is why they make people like you so called "managers" They're cheap and plentiful and in many cases little more than glorified secretaries.

Rattling off random irrelevant numbers is not "insight" or "analysis" or "forward looking guidance."

It will be fine

They aren't investing in their front-line workers that's the problem. They got a huge tax break and they can't even give us the step raise that they promised while the executives get their fat bonuses.
I seem to recall people cheering the one time early step advancement they did after the tax cut. Most people probably saw through it but they got the positive PR at the time and now you guys are paying it back.

MAKAVELI

I seem to recall people cheering the one time early step advancement they did after the tax cut. Most people probably saw through it but they got the positive PR at the time and now you guys are paying it back.
That's pretty much how they've always operated. They give one thing and then take another away. The end up always coming out of head.

59 Dano

Had they not gotten their bonuses, you still wouldn't have gotten the scheduled step raise (there was never a promise). Their bonuses, divided among the company's hourly employees, works out to about $58 per employee for the year.

P1 Failure

I agree. They do need to invest. It took me a long time to top out. It really shouldn’t have and shouldn’t for others.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Had they not gotten their bonuses, you still wouldn't have gotten the scheduled step raise (there was never a promise). Their bonuses, divided among the company's hourly employees, works out to about $58 per employee for the year.
So you're saying the people who made the decisions that put the company where it is are entitled to bonus compensation, and the people who worked as directed by those people are not entitled to a raise?

Not hard to figure out which side your bread is buttered on.

59 Dano

One had nothing to do with the other. The early raise was in FY18 and it increased costs for part of that year and part of FY19. Last October's pay action where they supposedly "took it back" was in FY20. Those are the raises they would have gotten regardless of what happened in 2018.

59 Dano

So you're saying the people who made the decisions that put the company where it is are entitled to bonus compensation, and the people who worked as directed by those people are not entitled to a raise?

Not hard to figure out which side your bread is buttered on.

Their bonuses are based on the company hitting certain targets spelled out in their contracts.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
And here are our random bits of information that mean nothing to any of us.
What gives you the right to speak for all of us? Dork.

They earned those bonuses.
Prove it.

Their bonuses are based on the company hitting certain targets spelled out in their contracts.
Targets such as employee takeaways, increased workloads for hourlies and refusal to honor customer claims?

Last edited:

SmithBarney

I could see station consolidations, our station has been stacking up couriers since before peak, we have tons of extra couriers. But if they were to suddenly move us to a ramp, we'd need all those bodies to make service.

EDIT, we also just had a major all manager meeting, probably find out about it tomorrow.