Big announcement coming in Jan

XEQaF

If you partner with big box, then that for sure means huge volume discounts = small profit margin = contractor must invest in capital to accommodate volume with lower ROI. Someone has to absorb the costs that incur and FedEx will be happy downloading that to it's partner contractors. Contractors will have to become larger and savvy to survive it

bacha29

If you partner with big box, then that for sure means huge volume discounts = small profit margin = contractor must invest in capital to accommodate volume with lower ROI. Someone has to absorb the costs that incur and FedEx will be happy downloading that to it's partner contractors. Contractors will have to become larger and savvy to survive it
So what you've got now is a war between Fat Freddy and Jeffy B. to decide which man's poor setup can somehow become the best performing carrier in the e-commerce space while UPS the model of corporate efficiency continues to go on it's merry old way focused on expanding it's market share.

At Ground as long as Fat Freddy can get some other unsuspecting slug to spend his money to get Fat Freddy's company to where he wants it to get to then simply dispose of the guy when he's no longer of any use to him it will give the old boy an advantage. The end game is pretty clear here. Entire state's will be under the control of fewer than a dozen contractors per state comprised primarily of well capitalized absentee investor class entities whose subordinate managers, BC's etc will be tasked with trying to meet Fat Freddy's ever more stringent demands using a workforce being paid fast food wages and zero benefits while expecting them to actually give a rat's expletive deleted about the job or anything pertaining to it. Good luck with that.

Now Jeffy B's con, I mean scam....darn it I mean business model is pretty much a copy cat version of Fat Freddy's just a bit newer and apparently cheaper so we'll have to see how he makes out with it.

In the meantime UPS will continue to carry out it's daily assignments in the same routine and uneventful manner that it has done for all these decades.

vantexan

So what you've got now is a war between Fat Freddy and Jeffy B. to decide which man's poor setup can somehow become the best performing carrier in the e-commerce space while UPS the model of corporate efficiency continues to go on it's merry old way focused on expanding it's market share.

At Ground as long as Fat Freddy can get some other unsuspecting slug to spend his money to get Fat Freddy's company to where he wants it to get to then simply dispose of the guy when he's no longer of any use to him it will give the old boy an advantage. The end game is pretty clear here. Entire state's will be under the control of fewer than a dozen contractors per state comprised primarily of well capitalized absentee investor class entities whose subordinate managers, BC's etc will be tasked with trying to meet Fat Freddy's ever more stringent demands using a workforce being paid fast food wages and zero benefits while expecting them to actually give a rat's expletive deleted about the job or anything pertaining to it. Good luck with that.

Now Jeffy B's con, I mean scam....darn it I mean business model is pretty much a copy cat version of Fat Freddy's just a bit newer and apparently cheaper so we'll have to see how he makes out with it.

In the meantime UPS will continue to carry out it's daily assignments in the same routine and uneventful manner that it has done for all these decades.
Any concerns that UPS loses market share to the point paying union wages and benefits is untenable?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
“I will say to you unequivocally: In the next two or three years, I’m firmly of the belief we will pass UPS in terms of size and be the largest by-revenue transportation and logistics”....

This is the definition of madness!!!
Either he’s just saying that to please pissed off stockholders or he’s way overmedicated.

It will be fine

Any concerns that UPS loses market share to the point paying union wages and benefits is untenable?
I doubt that. They’ve been losing market share for the last 20 years but the overall growth of the market has still kept them growing overall. They’ll take a bigger hit when Amazon pulls out of their network. They’ll be well behind us when they go to court Amazon’s competition when that happens.

bacha29

As the resident corporate apologist it's quite obvious that you would like nothing more that to see a total collapse of this industry's wage and benefit scale and so would IWBF because that's the only reason he exists and his future success depends on it.
But don't worry . Once the industry hits rock bottom a new pay support level will be found but not until a bunch of stuffed full trucks are still sitting in the terminal at 11AM with boxes falling out the back of them nobody to drive them and the handful of guys who did come in that morning flat out refuse to do their own work and the work of 2 or 3 other guys who never showed up.

vantexan

As the resident corporate apologist it's quite obvious that you would like nothing more that to see a total collapse of this industry's wage and benefit scale and so would IWBF because that's the only reason he exists and his future success depends on it.
But don't worry . Once the industry hits rock bottom a new pay support level will be found but not until a bunch of stuffed full trucks are still sitting in the terminal at 11AM with boxes falling out the back of them nobody to drive them and the handful of guys who did come in that morning flat out refuse to do their own work and the work of 2 or 3 other guys who never showed up.
If you say so.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I doubt that. They’ve been losing market share for the last 20 years but the overall growth of the market has still kept them growing overall. They’ll take a bigger hit when Amazon pulls out of their network. They’ll be well behind us when they go to court Amazon’s competition when that happens.

A part of why FedEx didn't renew is that Amazon had the ability to disrupt its networks with little to no notice. A big part of why it's teaming up with as many Big Box retailers as it can is that it can still handle lots of volume but no single shipper has the ability to disrupt networks that Amazon had. All it takes is for Amazon to dump a ton of additional volume/pull a ton of existing volume to mess up a network.

bacha29

Seriously? Bacha doesn’t have fresh thoughts. He labors at repeating the same thing with fresh words. You should know that by now.
Just stick to reading your Jesus book. Unfortunately however it doesn't have any real answers in it anymore .Just different versions detailing increasingly dubious historical events.

It will be fine

A part of why FedEx didn't renew is that Amazon had the ability to disrupt its networks with little to no notice. A big part of why it's teaming up with as many Big Box retailers as it can is that it can still handle lots of volume but no single shipper has the ability to disrupt networks that Amazon had. All it takes is for Amazon to dump a ton of additional volume/pull a ton of existing volume to mess up a network.
At least on the Ground side we seem a bit too reliant on Walmart right now. I don’t know the actual numbers but there’s a lot of their stuff on our trucks. They aren’t trying to do it themselves yet but I could see it happening. Seems like the plan is to keep it cheap enough for them to not want to.

59 Dano

Just stick to reading your Jesus book. Unfortunately however it doesn't have any real answers in it anymore .Just different versions detailing increasingly dubious historical events.

The most prominent events are the birth, death, and resurrection of Christ - none of which are disputable.

bacha29

The most prominent events are the birth, death, and resurrection of Christ - none of which are disputable.
The how come civilizations have spent the past 8000 years destroying each other over the question of who's god is the true god and who loves him more?

XEQaF

Seriously? Bacha doesn’t have fresh thoughts. He labors at repeating the same thing with fresh words. You should know that by now.

I think that Bacha's platform carries a lot more weight than "In the next two or three years, I’m firmly of the belief we will pass UPS in terms of size..."

XEQaF

What's scary is now the attention is turned from Express to the crown jewel Ground. They must be sure to study their strategies to the note or they will ruin this operation as well. That includes working with the last mile participants rather than try to control and restrain them.

The B2C e-commerce business is now heavily focused on inexpensive next day delivery. Nobody is going to touch Amazon on this at this time.

59 Dano

The how come civilizations have spent the past 8000 years destroying each other over the question of who's god is the true god and who loves him more?

They saw him. They crucified him. They went to the tomb and it was empty.

Your question is like asking how many home runs Tom Brady dunked last year.

59 Dano

The B2C e-commerce business is now heavily focused on inexpensive next day delivery. Nobody is going to touch Amazon on this at this time.

Much of the point of FedEx partnering with big box stores is their ability to ship from the stores themselves vs shipping exclusively from their distribution centers. It allows Ground a greater ability to deliver next day.