Big announcement coming in Jan

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If anyone knows about huge "all deferred freight will go to Ground" announcements that turn out to be huge nothings, I suppose you'd be the guy who knows most about them.

Fred always has to keep his beloved RLA/Express Carrier exemption in mind when he makes decisions on which employee group to screw over. And, yes, Ground people are employees, even though it says "Operated by ABC Cartage" or whatever on the side of the truck.

Fred will do what's right for his pocket.

SmithBarney

Have you seen the new ford vans? Can't fit much more than a few crates of docs. Handful of small boxes. That's it bro.
The vans have their purpose, I've been running one for about 4 months? haven't had a package sized too large to fit(almost had a fishing pole not fit last week) works for me.
Tues 110 pieces, 97 stops 200+ miles
Wed 95 pieces, 93 stops 210 miles
Thurs 97 pieces, 89stops 218miles

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
In an effort to break events down to the level that even someone like you could understand, based on your comments it would appear that I have not yet succeeded and have quite a ways to go in order to get down to that level.

Don't worry child. We won't leave you behind.

I'd certainly hope not. Don't know what I'd do without the equivalent of a shortwave radio host from 1994 to guide me.

59 Dano

I'd rather have the egg on my face than the feces on yours.

What's it like relentlessly pumping the narrative for months on end? Regaling us with tales about seeing all the sEkRiT dOcUmEnTz? Daring anyone to doubt you? You made such a fool of yourself I briefly felt sorry for you.

59 Dano

I suspect it was more about most couriers no longer having a full load to carry.

"Their trucks are too big. How about we get rid of thousands of them, get practically nothing in return, and then spend $30,000 each on some new ones? Because what good is a paid for truck that's too big????"

SmithBarney

The allure of Sprinters was that they were much more fuel efficient than 700s.
And the Allure of the Transit connects, they cost a third of a sprinter, easily get twice the fuel mileage. Extremely maneuverable, capacity is less, but you can afford to put more of them on the road,taking a full time route and splitting it into two part time routes that are done delivering earlier... two edge sword, we can claim speed, but drivers will suffer and probably become more PT

Gone fishin

It will never happen. People want faster deliveries not slower.
The next thing is people aren’t looking for part time work , especially in this business.

vantexan

I don't know how to explain this. If our freight count went up, I'm not sure what you think the problem is.
Did I say there was a problem? Having transferred around a bit, couldn't help but notice Express went from a lot of stepvan routes to a lot of Sprinter routes with not nearly the bulk they used to carry. Maybe all the shippers collectively had the idea of using Ground about the same time but most likely it was the FedEx sales force who sold them on the idea. More power to them but you made the point that Express never gave Ground any freight. In a sense they did.

Serf

The vans have their purpose, I've been running one for about 4 months? haven't had a package sized too large to fit(almost had a fishing pole not fit last week) works for me.
Tues 110 pieces, 97 stops 200+ miles
Wed 95 pieces, 93 stops 210 miles
Thurs 97 pieces, 89stops 218miles
I stand corrected. As long as it wasn't anything bigger than a doc or a box the size of a boot it's not horrible I suppose....