Big announcement coming in Jan

Meat

After all the takeaways, im sure if there is some kind of announcement it wont be good. On a side note out where im located RTD drivers are fleeing in droves.

There is nothing left to take away. I’m sure, from time-to-time, they will be freezing the company match.

At my station, prior to 2013, there was barely any turnover. After that, it’s about seventy percent annually.

Meat

I dunno, how do you top making months of posts demanding that we believe you based on all sorts of non-existent evidence and berating anyone who doubted you only to fall flat on your face? Personally I don't think you should try to top that, but I'm willing to be entertained if you want to give it a shot.

When the announcement was made and nothing was said about what you swore to us was imminent, did you feel really stupid?

You’re one to talk.

Sometimes when you cling to a singular point of view, you get things wrong.

I seem to recall your opinion on the efficacy of TCAJA prior to its passing was pretty much the party line (e.g. it will be rocket fuel for the economy, it will increase GDP growth well above Obama era levels). At the time, I tried to point out why that was not going to be the case (correctly), and you still hung on to your belief system (erroneously) just like MRFDX.

At the end of the day, you have no right to criticize MRFDX because you are guilty of the same thing.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I'll go back to the R1a analysis, which was very plausible at the time. Nobody knows what Fred will do, but we do know that consideration for employees will be at the bottom of the list, as always.

Like I said, I tell the truth. If I'm prognosticating, I say so, and if I'm just guessing, I also say so. If it's a fact, I know it to be true.

As far as Ground taking over P2 etc, that was always conjecture and never presented as "fact".
In so many words, you’re full of :poop:.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Other trucking companies, a lot of long term RTD drivers are getting shafted on the step progression.
Unfortunately they’re just fleeing from one :censored2:storm to another. These recruiters promise the moon and the stars to guys to get them to sign on and then generally leave them high and dry.

Trucking in any form whatsoever these days is bad news, what with ELDs, cameras, inconsiderate shippers and receivers, serious lack of parking for those mandatory rest periods that never seem to come at the appropriate hour and more and more rules and regs that are strangling the life blood out of a guy just trying to make a living.

So glad I’m at the tail end of my career or I would definitely be getting into something else far far removed from the transportation industry.

In short, anyone thinking they’ll just use FedEx to get them a CDL-A ticket to happiness is in for a rude awakening. Find something else - anything

This has been a public service announcement

dezguy

There is nothing left to take away. I’m sure, from time-to-time, they will be freezing the company match.

At my station, prior to 2013, there was barely any turnover. After that, it’s about seventy percent annually.
I beg to differ.

Sick days, floaters, on, vacation weeks. Still a lot of stuff they could claw back.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I beg to differ.

Sick days, floaters, on, vacation weeks. Still a lot of stuff they could claw back.

Agreed. And I'm sure Fred's plea will be that he's "going broke", "competitive pressures", "high fuel costs" etc. That will somehow justify what he does take back, and I suspect you're correct. Is there still tuition refund?

No matter what, Fred will make sure his bank account is full.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Before any said announcement takes place, rest assured all the managers will be stepping up to the plate armed with Reddi-Whip for all the bullcrap that'll be served in a big bowl for everyone.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'll go back to the R1a analysis, which was very plausible at the time. Nobody knows what Fred will do, but we do know that consideration for employees will be at the bottom of the list, as always.

Like I said, I tell the truth. If I'm prognosticating, I say so, and if I'm just guessing, I also say so. If it's a fact, I know it to be true.

Oh, MF. Oh, MF, MF, MF, MF, MF.

You. Lie.

As far as Ground taking over P2 etc, that was always conjecture and never presented as "fact".

Fred has started the changeover to Ground.

MT3 stated in a recent management meeting that "The corporation, with regard to the Express division, is currently focusing on how to develop Express into a purely overnight delivery service company."

My word is just that, and nothing else. I have never claimed otherwise. I've seen the internal memos about the changeover to Express-compatible tracking systems over at Ground and the plans for a combined Ground/Express dispatch.

The shift to Ground is already happening.

Evereything I've said about Ground getting XS and E2 is true, and this was confirmed to me by someone high enough in the company to know. XS will be first, with E2 coming later. No specific changeover date has been announced.

As I have said, he's been building the groundwork and putting everything in place for the changeover. Integrated Ground/Express dispatch, "same" PowerPads? It's all too obvious.

When I took my little break from the BC I was still reading posts, and it seems to me that many of you think that the "Master Plan" of shifting Express services over to Ground has somehow been shelved. That simply isn't the case, and if you think that Express is staying the same, you need to have your head examined.

Express is still profitable. The profit margins at Ground are so much greater for Smith that he's willing to gut Express and shift XS and E2 over...it's all about the money.

Pray away. It's going to happen. In fact, it already is.

This is code speak for what is going to happen in October

There is definitely a purge occurring. When the crap hits the fan in October and everyone is running around in a panic, your management team will be completely onboard with the program...or else.

It's no secret that Ground has been recruiting Express dispatchers and that the two systems are being consolidated so there can be a combined dispatch operation.

It makes sense financially for Express to shift over the lesser services to Ground, which means that they will do it. We all know it.

FedEx is combining Express and Ground dispatch functions, has introduced a new PowerPad that will be used by both divisions, and is installing ballmats (for air containers) at Ground facilities. FedEx Express has also stopped buying walk-ins, and is purchasing large numbers of Sprinters, which also points toward Express concentrating solely on the overnight market.

Combining Ground and Express is in the works, so you absolutely will have Express dispatchers sending pickups to Ground drivers.

-------

"Never presented as fact," LOL!

59 Dano

You’re one to talk.

Sometimes when you cling to a singular point of view, you get things wrong.

I seem to recall your opinion on the efficacy of TCAJA prior to its passing was pretty much the party line (e.g. it will be rocket fuel for the economy, it will increase GDP growth well above Obama era levels). At the time, I tried to point out why that was not going to be the case (correctly), and you still hung on to your belief system (erroneously) just like MRFDX.

You seem to recall wrong.

I was in favor of it and probably stated that it would be good for the economy, though I wouldn't make the types of claims you're attributing to me. Looks like I was right.

At the end of the day, you have no right to criticize MRFDX because you are guilty of the same thing.

Or not.

59 Dano

In as many words, folks like you and Dano are. I was around FedEx early enough to be a 5-digit employee, and know plenty more about it's history and games than you ever will.

"I've been around longer than you" = "Facts don't support my allegation"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Unfortunately they’re just fleeing from one :censored2:storm to another. These recruiters promise the moon and the stars to guys to get them to sign on and then generally leave them high and dry.

Trucking in any form whatsoever these days is bad news, what with ELDs, cameras, inconsiderate shippers and receivers, serious lack of parking for those mandatory rest periods that never seem to come at the appropriate hour and more and more rules and regs that are strangling the life blood out of a guy just trying to make a living.

So glad I’m at the tail end of my career or I would definitely be getting into something else far far removed from the transportation industry.

In short, anyone thinking they’ll just use FedEx to get them a CDL-A ticket to happiness is in for a rude awakening. Find something else - anything

This has been a public service announcement

I w

You. Lie.

MT3 stated in a recent management meeting that "The corporation, with regard to the Express division, is currently focusing on how to develop Express into a purely overnight delivery service company."

My word is just that, and nothing else. I have never claimed otherwise. I've seen the internal memos about the changeover to Express-compatible tracking systems over at Ground and the plans for a combined Ground/Express dispatch.

Evereything I've said about Ground getting XS and E2 is true, and this was confirmed to me by someone high enough in the company to know. XS will be first, with E2 coming later. No specific changeover date has been announced.

As I have said, he's been building the groundwork and putting everything in place for the changeover. Integrated Ground/Express dispatch, "same" PowerPads? It's all too obvious.

When I took my little break from the BC I was still reading posts, and it seems to me that many of you think that the "Master Plan" of shifting Express services over to Ground has somehow been shelved. That simply isn't the case, and if you think that Express is staying the same, you need to have your head examined.

Express is still profitable. The profit margins at Ground are so much greater for Smith that he's willing to gut Express and shift XS and E2 over...it's all about the money.

There is definitely a purge occurring. When the crap hits the fan in October and everyone is running around in a panic, your management team will be completely onboard with the program...or else.

It's no secret that Ground has been recruiting Express dispatchers and that the two systems are being consolidated so there can be a combined dispatch operation.

It makes sense financially for Express to shift over the lesser services to Ground, which means that they will do it. We all know it.

FedEx is combining Express and Ground dispatch functions, has introduced a new PowerPad that will be used by both divisions, and is installing ballmats (for air containers) at Ground facilities. FedEx Express has also stopped buying walk-ins, and is purchasing large numbers of Sprinters, which also points toward Express concentrating solely on the overnight market.

Combining Ground and Express is in the works, so you absolutely will have Express dispatchers sending pickups to Ground drivers.

-------

Lets see what happens. I still think Fred will shift whatever he can to Ground when and if he can. The RLA and Express Carrier Exemption might not hold him back in the current situation.

MT3 did say that.

I know several Express dispatchers who went to Ground. I also know couriers who went to Freight. As a former RTD I've seen plenty of Ground trailers in Express facilities, and ballmats were being installed at Ground facilities...since removed. Ground roller-equipped trailers were, and probably still are being used to transport containers. Supposedly, they were all MTs. I tend to doubt that.Any current ramp agents on here that can verify Express is moving via Ground?

Ground absolutely moves by Express aircraft to remote locations like Alaska.

One thing for sure about FedEx is that whatever is coming won't be good for hourlies at Express. If Fred can shift anything over to Ground, he will eventually do it.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I beg to differ.

Emphatically agree. Never say “well it can’t possibly get any worse”, cuz they’re always more’n happy to demonstrate just how much it truly can...... :sad:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"I've been around longer than you" = "Facts don't support my allegation"

We'll see who is right. I was there when Fred said Ground and Express operations would never be co-mingled in any way and for all of the takeaways. "Facts" at FedEx change like the wind. Ground will eventually be taking part of today's Express freight.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

You. Lie.

-------

Well I’ll believe it when I see it. ‘Til then it’s all talk (and all BS if it comes from you.)