Big announcement coming in Jan

MassWineGuy

How? By giving Ground local stuff within the area? How would that work, since it would require upgrading the just released new Power Pads? I have boundless respect for Ground drivers. I wouldn’t want to be one.

Star B

White Lightening
I stand corrected. As long as it wasn't anything bigger than a doc or a box the size of a boot it's not horrible I suppose....
One of our extended routes bulked out because the car dealer ordered a bumper support and it was "Wednesday XS Bonanza with all the large, :censored2:ty, freight."

I am 6'2 and hate a sprinter... it feels like being in a bathroom in a plane
I'm 6'2 and love sprinters. Comfy, working A/C (most of the time) and quiet.

If you wanna feel like your in a bathroom on a plane, drive a ProMaster.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I've never had an issue with a sprinter in snowy or icy conditions....
The one’s our station had would slow down whenever you got in snow 4” or deeper. On icy roads with the wind blowing, especially crossways was not a lot of fun.

Star B

White Lightening
Try one in snowy and/or icy conditions.
The new ones allow you to turn off traction control. Even with the nanny state traction control, I'd rather have the sprinter because I know how it's going to react in the snow. Ask that of the reach...lulz.

SmithBarney

I stand corrected. As long as it wasn't anything bigger than a doc or a box the size of a boot it's not horrible I suppose....
Get over yourself, times change. Clearly the vehicle isn't going to work for some routes, heck they don't work for half of our FO routes, there are places where these work quite well.(about 1/3 of the routes in our station could run these on a daily basis with no issue)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What's it like relentlessly pumping the narrative for months on end? Regaling us with tales about seeing all the sEkRiT dOcUmEnTz? Daring anyone to doubt you? You made such a fool of yourself I briefly felt sorry for you.

Fred isn't getting much for his shill money. You need to be more productive and start making sense or else everyone will know for sure that you're just a stooge for FDX.

Cactus

The only place I would driving in 4inches of snow is home lol
In a perfect world.

Been caught in snowstorms where the white stuff falls at a rate of 2” an while you’re running in an extended area 70 miles away from the barn.

Not much you can do about that.

Cactus

You should slow down where there is 4" or more of snow on the road.
Oh I see. so in other words when you approach an open snow drift out in the open country, just slow down to a crawl and get stuck, then it becomes a towing service operator's problem.

Good grief, how is UPS ever surviving these days without your guidance?

Last edited:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Fred isn't getting much for his shill money. You need to be more productive and start making sense or else everyone will know for sure that you're just a stooge for FDX.

For someone who demands accountability from everyone else, you sure do a great job of avoiding ownership of your most notable moment on this board as you deflect.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
For someone who demands accountability from everyone else, you sure do a great job of avoiding ownership of your most notable moment on this board as you deflect.

My most notable moment is yet to come. I'll own you being a failure as a shill and as a manager. How's that?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
My most notable moment is yet to come. I'll own you being a failure as a shill and as a manager. How's that?

I dunno, how do you top making months of posts demanding that we believe you based on all sorts of non-existent evidence and berating anyone who doubted you only to fall flat on your face? Personally I don't think you should try to top that, but I'm willing to be entertained if you want to give it a shot.

When the announcement was made and nothing was said about what you swore to us was imminent, did you feel really stupid?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I dunno, how do you top making months of posts demanding that we believe you based on all sorts of non-existent evidence and berating anyone who doubted you only to fall flat on your face? Personally I don't think you should try to top that, but I'm willing to be entertained if you want to give it a shot.

When the announcement was made and nothing was said about what you swore to us was imminent, did you feel really stupid?

I'll go back to the R1a analysis, which was very plausible at the time. Nobody knows what Fred will do, but we do know that consideration for employees will be at the bottom of the list, as always.

Like I said, I tell the truth. If I'm prognosticating, I say so, and if I'm just guessing, I also say so. If it's a fact, I know it to be true.

As far as Ground taking over P2 etc, that was always conjecture and never presented as "fact".

slowdriver

After all the takeaways, im sure if there is some kind of announcement it wont be good. On a side note out where im located RTD drivers are fleeing in droves.