Brown Cafe Bon Voyage Weekend!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We're talking the wholesome Mary Ann that was on the island, not the tramp she turned in to when she got back to the States.

Steve, there is a guy in the "How many option days do I get?" thread that could use your help. Dave.

helenofcalifornia

This thread has been hijacked by Gilligan Island fanatics! OMG! And just when the thread was giving me good info on how and what to do. I have a Mac, so the info on using a PC was very valuable. Now I have to go to the library to use theirs, which means waiting for the homeless to get off the library computers.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I made a website about the trip. It has some live ship webcams and info in case anyone wants to tag along with us via the internet.

It's also got feeds from my twitter and flickr accounts so I'll try to post some live updates during the trip.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I made a website about the trip. It has some live ship webcams and info in case anyone wants to tag along via the internet.

It's got feeds from my twitter and flickr accounts so I'll try to post some updates while we're on the trip.
Um, Cheryl, don't you know this is a vacation? Tony, hide her laptop!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
We already talked with our cell phone provider and figured out that the most cost effective way to check in with the couple that is house sitting for us will be via text msging from a port or email from the ship. That should only take a minute and will work for twitter updates too.

My mom and anyone else that is interested can keep track. :wink2:

It should be fun :happy-very:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Internet Café Price List :
To utilize the Internet service, the below options are available. Please note that the Internet pricing options are identical, whether an Internet Café terminal is utilized, or a laptop. All Internet access charges will be billed directly to the guest's onboard “Sail & Sign” Account. In addition, when using a Café terminal, files can be downloaded as "read only" but cannot be saved, since a floppy disk cannot be inserted into the PC's. Users who bring their own laptop can read and save files without restriction.
An initial one-time Activation Fee of $3.95 applies to each user.
A basic time charge of $0.75 per minute (“Pay-As-You-Go”) is available. Minutes are rounded to the next full minute.
Discounted "Time Plans" offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans do not have to be used in a single session and can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation; No refund for unused minutes; Upgrading selected pricing option is not available. Plans are subject to change.

Cruises 6 days in length and longer:
  • 100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)
  • 250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)
Cruises less than 6 days in length:
  • 30 minutes for $16.50 ($0.55 per minute)
  • 60 minutes for $24.00 ($0.40 per minute)
If your personal laptop does not have built in Wi-Fi, you can rent a Wirless Radio Card on board. To rent a Wireless Radio Card for your personal laptop, the rate is $10.00 per day, optional insurance is $3.00 per day. This allows guests to connect their laptops to the ship's wireless signal and is in addition to the Internet price plans.

A limited number of laptops are available for rent for an additional $10.00 per day, or free with a Time Plan purchase; and optional insurance is also available.

This is off of Carnival's website.

I think almost every question is answered if you go to the FAQ link at the bottom of the page.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have 3 more work days!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohooo. And wouldn't you know it..................... I was waiting for paychecks this morning and today is the first day ever (that I recall) we didn't get our paychecks on Thurs. We got a note on the counter, due to payroll constraints.............blah blah blah. :dissapointed:

Internet Café Price List :
To utilize the Internet service, the below options are available. Please note that the Internet pricing options are identical, whether an Internet Café terminal is utilized, or a laptop. All Internet access charges will be billed directly to the guest's onboard “Sail & Sign” Account. In addition, when using a Café terminal, files can be downloaded as "read only" but cannot be saved, since a floppy disk cannot be inserted into the PC's. Users who bring their own laptop can read and save files without restriction.
An initial one-time Activation Fee of $3.95 applies to each user.
A basic time charge of $0.75 per minute (“Pay-As-You-Go”) is available. Minutes are rounded to the next full minute.
Discounted "Time Plans" offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans do not have to be used in a single session and can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation; No refund for unused minutes; Upgrading selected pricing option is not available. Plans are subject to change.

Cruises 6 days in length and longer:

• 100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)
  • 250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)
Cruises less than 6 days in length:

• 30 minutes for $16.50 ($0.55 per minute)
  • 60 minutes for $24.00 ($0.40 per minute)
If your personal laptop does not have built in Wi-Fi, you can rent a Wirless Radio Card on board. To rent a Wireless Radio Card for your personal laptop, the rate is $10.00 per day, optional insurance is $3.00 per day. This allows guests to connect their laptops to the ship's wireless signal and is in addition to the Internet price plans.

A limited number of laptops are available for rent for an additional $10.00 per day, or free with a Time Plan purchase; and optional insurance is also available.

This is off of Carnival's website.

I think almost every question is answered if you go to the FAQ link at the bottom of the page.
All good info Tony, thank you. What they won't tell you is the internet speed is just slightly faster than Dial up. If you are planning on Emailing and such from the ship, it is best to work off line to compose and then sign on the transmit. No need to pay 55 cents per minute to type. I may buy some internet time, I'll have to just wait and see.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Alright, then it's set. We'll do the Ale House in North Miami. I'll fit as many as I can in my van and OI should be able to get the rest. HeLLen, don't worry about the time, we're UPS'ers. Logistics, it's what we do.:wink2: I just need a total count from everyone. I already have Mr and Mrs OI, Dilli and Her Man, Mr and Mrs TRP (555), Tony, Cheryl and their daughter and Hellen + 2, Oh, and Me and the Mrs. That makes 14, correct? Is there anyone I left out? Upstate, 9/5, anyone else change their minds?
I forgot that Scratch and the Mrs are going, so I guess that makes 16 in all. Am I correct? Should I just say 20? Scratch, do you need a dog sitter?:wink2:

Hey, STUG, you forgot me! Don't worry- I don't plan on wrecking your trip!!!
Are you really going on the cruise or just the Bon Voyage? Or are you just bustin chops?

helenofcalifornia

For people that have gone on cruises before, what advice would you give me on stuff to take that might seem out of the ordinary, but vital. I thought the duct tape was a good idea. (I LOVE duct tape and will use it anytime I can!) The extra power strip, who knew? Finding out from others that boarding ASAP is the best plan was a good idea too. Go to the pursers immediately and purchase your off board excursions, if you haven't already. Any other ideas?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
For people that have gone on cruises before, what advice would you give me on stuff to take that might seem out of the ordinary, but vital. I thought the duct tape was a good idea. (I LOVE duct tape and will use it anytime I can!) The extra power strip, who knew? Finding out from others that boarding ASAP is the best plan was a good idea too. Go to the pursers immediately and purchase your off board excursions, if you haven't already. Any other ideas?
Bring a bag large enough to hide STUG?