Burned it up today.

Safebychoice

How do you feel about 22.4s who would do the same work for less pay on weekends, totally real driver?
It is what it is. I go back and fourth on it to some degree. This is selfish, I know, but look.. I’m a Tuesday through Saturday guy right now. My fear is that if they don’t add hybrid drivers that I’ll be forced to work Saturday and potentially Sunday if they add that for a long time. I don’t want to do that, the hybrid drivers would protect me from that. Also, do we even know what the actual role of a hybrid driver would be during the week? Are they putting out fires by taking stops and running pickup logs, running full routes? We need clarity on what they’re going to be doing. With a lesser pay rate, I’d say 30 hours max drive time for a week with the rest of their guaranteed 40 coming on the sorts would be fair. That’s a lot, but yeah, I’m for hybrid drivers. I’m not working weekends for years on end.

Box Ox

I’d literally do anything for management

Gross

With a lesser pay rate, I’d say 30 hours max drive time for a week with the rest of their guaranteed 40 coming on the sorts would be fair.

Yeah, only 30 hours of drive time a week isn't gonna happen if the goal is to cut routes and shift work away from higher paid RPCDs. And when you say "the rest of their guaranteed 40", you sound like you actually think 22.4s are only going to be working 40 hours a week. That's definitely not going to happen either. There's a reason 22.4s aren't given excessive overtime protections like RPCDs are in the Contract.

ixtab

It is what it is. I go back and fourth on it to some degree. This is selfish, I know, but look.. I’m a Tuesday through Saturday guy right now. My fear is that if they don’t add hybrid drivers that I’ll be forced to work Saturday and potentially Sunday if they add that for a long time. I don’t want to do that, the hybrid drivers would protect me from that. Also, do we even know what the actual role of a hybrid driver would be during the week? Are they putting out fires by taking stops and running pickup logs, running full routes? We need clarity on what they’re going to be doing. With a lesser pay rate, I’d say 30 hours max drive time for a week with the rest of their guaranteed 40 coming on the sorts would be fair. That’s a lot, but yeah, I’m for hybrid drivers. I’m not working weekends for years on end.
*forth

Safebychoice

Gross

Yeah, only 30 hours of drive time a week isn't gonna happen if the goal is to cut routes and shift work away from higher paid RPCDs. And when you say "the rest of their guaranteed 40", you sound like you actually think 22.4s are only going to be working 40 hours a week. That's definitely not going to happen either. There's a reason 22.4s aren't given excessive overtime protections like RPCDs are in the Contract.

I mean this is where we’re at dude. They’re coming. This is the focal point of this contract and even if it gets voted down we know the hybrid driver thing will get forced on us. Hate it now, love it later once it’s part of UPS culture and you’re off by 6 everyday.

Box Ox

Hate it now, love it later once it’s part of UPS culture and you’re off by 6 everyday.

Nope. Don't like selling out future colleagues, possibly bagging fewer than 40 hours a week thanks to the "If work is available" language or being vulnerable to solely technology-based disciplinary measures from verbal warning through suspension as described in Article 6, Section 6.

Safebychoice

Nope. Don't like selling out future colleagues, possibly bagging fewer than 40 hours a week thanks to the "If work is available" language or being vulnerable to solely technology-based disciplinary measures from verbal warning through suspension as described in Article 6, Section 6.

You didn’t sell anyone out. No one I’ve talked to wants this contract to pass besides me. You can blame the union for this whole thing as I believe they’re actually the one that proposed this. They still have to hire 3 RPCD’s for everyone hybrid driver. If you choose to be a hybrid driver, you’ll know the deal, and if you don’t want to do that, you can wait for a RPCD position to open up.

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
I try to stay low key. My co workers don’t really know how tight I am with management. It’s certainly not something I talk about.
Why not? You sound like a model employee, should change the culture at your center so everyone can see management the way you do.
You are coming off selfish which not something management wants, give yourself over fully stop holding back. Why do you want to hide your relationship but want the best numbers?

MrBates

I’m a first year driver and I am covering for a guy on vacation this week. Freakin’ crushed it. Had my deliveries done 40 minutes before pickups. Called my sup and asked if they can throw some more stops on this thing the rest of the week. It’s so rewarding being good at your job and knowing management has my back.

FAKE NEWS...

Box Ox

They still have to hire 3 RPCD’s for everyone hybrid driver.

Thought the 3:1 RPCD/22.4 ratio only goes into effect when 22.4s have to exceed 25% of the total number of drivers at a given location. If the ratio were required from the start, they've have a hard time building that 22.4-only weekend workforce, eh?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I have a friend just like you. On disability.