Burned it up today.

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
I want to hear about your demo miles can you cut 10% off a route? Perform less backs? Run Orion trace above 90%? Thats how load up stops on a route. The other way is the grieve route because you want more work but management is giving it to a lower seniority driver.

Safebychoice

Thought the 3:1 RPCD/22.4 ratio only goes into effect when 22.4s have to exceed 25% of the total number of drivers at a given location. If the ratio were required from the start, they've have a hard time building that 22.4-only weekend workforce, eh?
I was thinking the same thing, I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Safebychoice

I want to hear about your demo miles can you cut 10% off a route? Perform less backs? Run Orion trace above 90%? Thats how load up stops on a route. The other way is the grieve route because you want more work but management is giving it to a lower seniority driver.
I don’t run Orion except on Saturdays, it’s not a big talking point in my center. Don’t care about miles, either. I come in, see what route I’m on, leave the building and try to finish it as quick as I can in the best way that I know how to run said route.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I didn’t run the whole day. I only ran when I got to my resi’s. Part of me wants to eat lunch sometimes but I want to keep impressing management and hopefully they’ll start to see how much I care and challenge me with super heavy stop counts. This is not my first job, I’ve worked at places where management was not on my side. It’s just refreshing to represent a place of employment that respects me, has my best interest in mind and would do anything and everything they can to train me to be the best employee that I can be.
I've heard of your species. I thought it was mythology but they are real.

not extinct but......

all broken down in mind, body, and spirit eventually.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
They actually don’t. I play up to them when management isn’t around. I act like this place is terrible and I act like I’m against management when I talk to fellow employees. Just so I don’t blow my cover or whatever.
Blow your cover? You know you drive cardboard boxes around all day, right? You aren't a spy protecting national security.

The fact that you're hiding your behavior means you know you're a back stabbing :censored2:.

Safebychoice

Any time. Don't want anybody thinking about voting yes on the Contract to get the wrong idea.
Thanks. Again, if my weekends weren’t I’m jeaporday I’d vote no. But I’m not putting myself in a situation where I’m forced to work weekend for a prolonged period of time. Most guys on here are veteran drivers who would never have to worry about this outside of peak. If some of you guys seriously had your weekends threatened like this for years on end you’d think twice about it too.

Poop Head

Judge me.
They actually don’t. I play up to them when management isn’t around. I act like this place is terrible and I act like I’m against management when I talk to fellow employees. Just so I don’t blow my cover or whatever.
That's it. Gonna put tapeworm eggs in your energy drinks tomorrow

LeftRS1

I don’t run Orion except on Saturdays, it’s not a big talking point in my center. Don’t care about miles, either. I come in, see what route I’m on, leave the building and try to finish it as quick as I can in the best way that I know how to run said route.
This is how you get more stops though which is your goal just trying to help.
Management wont even bother adjusting the route just happens automatically.

Safebychoice

Blow your cover? You know you drive cardboard boxes around all day, right? You aren't a spy protecting national security.

The fact that you're hiding your behavior means you know you're a back stabbing :censored2:.
I just want my fellow employees to think I stand with them, which I do when it’s convenient for me, but I want them to think I’m a true brother. What they don’t know won’t hurt them.

ixtab

I’d literally do anything for management except commit long term to weekends. That’s family time.
Don't worry you'll have plenty of time to spend with your family after 3 accidents or an injury. Don't lay down, but don't kill yourself either. Work safe & follow the methods. Anyway good luck with all that.:laughing: IMG_4540.jpg

LeftRS1

Thanks. Again, if my weekends weren’t I’m jeaporday I’d vote no. But I’m not putting myself in a situation where I’m forced to work weekend for a prolonged period of time. Most guys on here are veteran drivers who would never have to worry about this outside of peak. If some of you guys seriously had your weekends threatened like this for years on end you’d think twice about it too.
I like my weekend route, second year driver btw. 4th from the bottom and we run 8-10 routes every weekend. People that have rough routes either A dont have the area knowledge or B are runners that dont have the patience to drive 120miles for 150 stops.

Box Ox

Most guys on here are veteran drivers who would never have to worry about this outside of peak.

You wouldn't have to worry about any UPS work either if you were actually a real driver and management was determined to fill your file with bogus telematics discipline per Article 6, Section 6 of the upcoming Contract. Maybe give you the final boot for something small and point to your file full of disciplinary history at panel.

Safebychoice

I like my weekend route, second year driver btw. 4th from the bottom and we run 8-10 routes every weekend. People that have rough routes either A dont have the area knowledge or B are runners that dont have the patience to drive 120miles for 150 stops.
I like my route on Saturday too, 115 stops, like 140 pieces and a UPS store pickup. If I ran a route like that everyday I’d be thrilled. Here’s the thing though, I want to be throwing burgers on the grill and watching college football on Saturdays in the fall. I want to watch my kid play baseball in the spring. I’m fine with this for now, I get it, I’m a newer driver, but I don’t want to do this weekend thing long term.

Safebychoice

You wouldn't have to worry about any UPS work either if you were actually a real driver and management was determined to fill your file with bogus telematics discipline per Article 6, Section 6 of the upcoming Contract. Maybe give you the final boot for something small and point to your file full of disciplinary history at panel.
They would only do that if they wanted to get rid of me, which won’t happen because I’m everything management would want in a driver. I don’t get hurt, I don’t hit things, I burn routes up, I don’t miss commits and I cause zero problems.

LeftRS1

I like my route on Saturday too, 115 stops, like 140 pieces and a UPS store pickup. If I ran a route like that everyday I’d be thrilled. Here’s the thing though, I want to be throwing burgers on the grill and watching college football on Saturdays in the fall. I want to watch my kid play baseball in the spring. I’m fine with this for now, I get it, I’m a newer driver, but I don’t want to do this weekend thing long term.
You changed your tune... You wanted more stops but now you don't on weekends?

Let me guess you are the type that doesn't pick up the phone when management calls you on mondays because you have "plans"?