By Invitation Only

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Moreluck and Rod are on automatic ignore-----neither of them offer anything of substance to the discussion and they are not even worth mentioning.

Scratch does have a lot to offer. I enjoy reading his posts. It's almost as if he is like the characters Red or Brooks from The Shawshank Redemption in that he is institutionalized and unsure if he would make it on the outside. 40 years is more than enough------time to move on to the next phase of your life.

Could it be that he has not done his financial homework and has little choice other than to keep working?
Or it could be that he just enjoys working. Some people are just like that. It's what makes them happy. Who are we to decide what someone else should do to be happy? Some people jump off bridges with basically a rubber band attached to be happy. Others climb the Himalayas. I think they're both crazy, but it's their business, not mine. Lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
The company has no choice other than to pay for the damage.

Your little editorial at the end was unnecessary.

The company let a guy deliver without his own insurance. When something happened they threw him to the curb and fired him. Apparently it was OK until then. They are trying to transfer liability to him. Unlikely they will pay.