Can you name 1?

Integrity

Binge Poster
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS.

The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the some work-related issues with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring these issues up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing issues in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

Can you name 1 safety concern issue that you noticed on the job today either in the facility, on your truck, on your route?

I noticed a supervisor in the yard doing a yard check without a reflective vest or cone.

I am unsure as to the action I will take since anyone who reports concerns is labeled and treated like a troublemaker in my area.

Sincerely,
I

PT Car Washer

O Kay I will play. Fire bottle not properly mounted. Laying on the seat or rolling around on the floor. Talking about one of the straight trucks. DOT violation. Written up. Parts on order safe to operate. Been this way for years. Thought about filling a grievance against Division Manager just to get some attention. Bet it would work except how do you spell "retaliation." I have it pretty good and I am too old to fight the system any more.

upschuck

The only person who would care at my center would be the compliance manager. Everyone else would think you were a instigator. Management just does not want to deal with the hassle of it.

Side note....If you have to preface a post by saying you are not a griping or complaining, you really are.

Box Ox

I noticed a supervisor in the yard doing a yard check without a reflective vest or cone.

I am unsure as to the action I will take since anyone who reports concerns is labeled and treated like a troublemaker in my area.

Sincerely,
I

Head over to your UPS facility in your Batman costume and reflective vest. Carefully exit a nearby package car using three points of contact at all times and surprise that evil-doer while he's in the middle of a yard check. In your best Christian Bale angry Batman voice, tell him he'd better vest up or we'll all be hearing about it back here on B.C. Then walk at a brisk pace to safe refuge and administer a self-high five.

upschuck

Egress, over 70's(don't think they ever bring a second teamster to help w/them), exhaust in building, etc, etc, etc.

Integrity

Binge Poster
That's all you ever do.
mixyo,

That's not true but I am sorry you see it that way.

Viewing the talking about workplace issues as complaining is a management and sometimes union tactic to silence issues that some don't want addressed.

This is a subtle form of harassment and retaliation for bringing up workplace issues with the intent of trying to keep those inclined to be vocal silent.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
O Kay I will play. Fire bottle not properly mounted. Laying on the seat or rolling around on the floor. Talking about one of the straight trucks. DOT violation. Written up. Parts on order safe to operate. Been this way for years. Thought about filling a grievance against Division Manager just to get some attention. Bet it would work except how do you spell "retaliation." I have it pretty good and I am too old to fight the system any more.
PT Car Washer,

So you are saying that the fire extinguisher mounting bracket is either missing or broken?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
The only person who would care at my center would be the compliance manager. Everyone else would think you were a instigator. Management just does not want to deal with the hassle of it.

Side note....If you have to preface a post by saying you are not a griping or complaining, you really are.
upschuck,

It appears to me that compliance managers are most concerned and most involved with audit preparation.

The culture at UPS seems to discourage bringing up workplace issues contrary to what is stated in the Code of Business Conduct and the Policy Book.

Simply griping and complaining about work is not productive and is also not a protected activity.

Employees are however entitled to join forces and discuss workplace issues and act in concert when addressing these issues.

Sincerely,
I

upschuck

upschuck,

It appears to me that compliance managers are most concerned and most involved with audit preparation.

The culture at UPS seems to discourage bringing up workplace issues contrary to what is stated in the Code of Business Conduct and the Policy Book.

Simply griping and complaining about work is not productive and is also not a protected activity.

Employees are however entitled to join forces and discuss workplace issues and act in concert when addressing these issues.

Sincerely,
I

Yes, but he's the only one remotely concerned about those kind of issues. Is that right, no, but that's the way it is. Everyone else is just trying to survive another day, and don't need the drama that comes with tattling on someone.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
How bout TOFC rollers and packages blocking pedestrian doors!! Then you have plastic bands (hub snakes ) all over the place !! Ohhh but don't go thru the overhead door !! LOL My arse...That door is the safest !!

Limper

Out For Delivery
Integrity, you know this as well as I do......UPS pays lip service to safety, but only cares about production.
​Once you understand this, everything else makes sense.

UPSU long chassis continue to be brought on property with bad safety latches and or improperly secured to the container.

As always I, report the issue.

.......and yes I do report the chassis I find.