Central supplement

km3

90% of the changes were just cut and pasted from the NMA. The only good change that I saw was for pt'ers with more than 20 yrs in, which isn't a whole lot of people.

I am very disappointed in this, especially 17i. That's the one thing I wanted them to clarify, and they made it even more vague.

RealPerson

90% of the changes were just cut and pasted from the NMA. The only good change that I saw was for pt'ers with more than 20 yrs in, which isn't a whole lot of people.

Splitting the week of vacation is cool, Just wonder how far in advance you have to put in for it.
How many are allowed off? Who can bump who?
Even with 23 Years, I still have my 2 optional at the end of the year, as A FT with a single day of vacation bumps me.. Our center only allows One person off a day.

DR7

They did leave some personally beneficial language in there in regards to route changes that I like. About who they can bump

Please elaborate. My route is frequently cut and I have 20 years driving seniority. I have filed a grievance and it went to panel and the outcome is still vague and nobody knows the actual language.

Section 9-Route Changes
(a) Temporary:
Other than the months of November and December period of November 15th through January 15th if a bid area is changed fifty percent (50%) or more, the employee shall have the right to follow the portion in excess of fifty percent (50%) of the delivery stops. If the temporary change involves more than a two-way split, the driver shall select by seniority.

It’s yhe bold part I dont get. They split my route up to four or more different routes and I have no idea where I am allowed to go. Do I have to follow my work? Follow the largest portion? Work as directed?

This is the one thing I wanted to see cleared up in our supplement.

upschuck

Splitting the week of vacation is cool, Just wonder how far in advance you have to put in for it.
How many are allowed off? Who can bump who?
Even with 23 Years, I still have my 2 optional at the end of the year, as A FT with a single day of vacation bumps me.. Our center only allows One person off a day.
Our PT and FT are totally separate on different lists.

upschuck

Section 9-Route Changes
(a) Temporary:
Other than the months of November and December period of November 15th through January 15th if a bid area is changed fifty percent (50%) or more, the employee shall have the right to follow the portion in excess of fifty percent (50%) of the delivery stops. If the temporary change involves more than a two-way split, the driver shall select by seniority.
If that is the actual language, than the driver who is cut, can pick which route he wants to run of those drivers with less seniority than does he have, that received parts of his route.

DR7

If that is the actual language, than the driver who is cut, can pick which route he wants to run of those drivers with less seniority than does he have, that received parts of his route.
Actual language. In my book and on this release. Why wouldn’t it be?

Any portion? Even if it is ten stops? Even if the work goes to a training route?

This seems like it would be a big issue across the country with all the routes getting cut on Mondays? Just curious how others handle it.

Any portion? Even if it is ten stops? Even if the work goes to a training route?

This seems like it would be a big issue across the country with all the routes getting cut on Mondays? Just curious how others handle it.
Of your route is cut you can follow your work. Obviously your route was added to someone else's.

upschuck

Yes, even if it is ten stops, if you have more seniority than whose route you'd be doing. If you request that bump a few times, maybe they'll decide to cut someone else's route the next time.

upschuck

That's unbelievable..
Not all from the same area, or anything, irregs all over the place, dump stops. Some days it looks like a bomb went off, after the pc's have left.

A lot of air drivers go out and deliver after they finish their air run. And from what I understand, they were recently told they would only be getting air rate, and not ground for delivering them, as well. They were afraid that if they'd grieve that, they would take away that part, and make them go back and do their inside bid part of their 22.3 job.

Not all from the same area, or anything, irregs all over the place, dump stops. Some days it looks like a bomb went off, after the pc's have left.

A lot of air drivers go out and deliver after they finish their air run. And from what I understand, they were recently told they would only be getting air rate, and not ground for delivering them, as well. They were afraid that if they'd grieve that, they would take away that part, and make them go back and do their inside bid part of their 22.3 job.
That's BS.

We give the company an extension and they still crap all over everyone.

Just wait and see what they do with the 22.4 drivers.