Central supplement

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by upschuck, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Better than "the second full week" we had this year .

2. Already posted that a week ago.

3. If they're forced do they get the higher wage rate?
    Looks like they're forced to me.

4. We count pick ups as well. Someone (or more) got the daily pickups associated with that bid if there were any.

5. Since it reads removed from the workplace does it limit it to acts of perceived violence or threats on company property only?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

@BigUnionGuy , these words have haunted me all day....actually for years.

While on the surface they make some sense, inevitably they are gibberish.

Article 17 of the Central Region is a detailed "list of cardinal sins", aside from subsection (i)....why?

This notion that the IBT should strive to negotiate in the "gray areas", in order to save those who paint outside the lines, doesn't seem to advance the bargaining unit as a whole.

Could it be that the desire to save everybody from themselves, is a burden not worthy of the masses?

Seriously, shouldn't cardinal be cardinal, and how can it not be specifically defined?

We can't stop UPS from throwing :censored2: against the wall, but why do we continue to entertain it in Central Region Supplemental language?

SMH

~Bbbl~

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  7. Griffin1820

Griffin1820 File! File! File!

I was really hoping the central would clarify the 9.5 list eligibility requirements. SThe NMA clarifies in 22.4 that all employees are eligible if the hub utilizes 22.4 language but article 37 only mention they will have a union controlled list and the old language of bid a route, work a full week or 4 years seniority is still there.

8. The language is more restrictive to the company.

Any clarification on this issue?

9. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Article 17-i.... didn't come into existence until August 1st 1993.

Gee, who was the General President at the time ?

Best Teamster President ever ? Hardly.

The 1993 contract was the epitome of concessions.

Out of 21 Union reps (who represented the Union) I only recognize 6 names.

2 of which, are still active Teamster officers.

-Bug-

10. BigUnionGuy

Nope.

11. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

We can bump on any of the routes that contain our work. Be it 1 stop or 100 stops as long as you have seniority over the route you want to bump onto.

12. Bubblehead

Who was the Central Region Director who signed off on it in 1993???

....and who has been the General President for the last 20 years?

Not that it is really that important in 2018, but worthy questions in light of your failed attempt at misdirection.

~Bbbl~™

13. BigUnionGuy

That information is readily accessible, from your Local.

Am I the only one.... that knows this ?

-Bug-

14. Bubblehead

Come on now Bug, "readily accessable"....at my Local???

Seriously?....

In the end, I'm really not interested in a finger pointing contest, extending back 25 years.
    Seems more prudent to talk about how we can fix it....for good, rather than in bits and pieces, contract after contract???

I will say that changing "serious" to "cardinal" in the present contract, amid my skepticism, seems to have substancially reduced the number of 17(i) discharges here, so who knows, maybe this add-on will help too???

~Bbbl~™

15. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

How about the ability to split one vacation week into individual days??? How about making a vacation week 50 hours instead of 45??? How about an extra 8 hour request a month?????Ups wants something in return for even the most Smallest changes even those that don’t cost the company anything... but when ups wants something then we just give it to them free and Willy???? It’s total bs!!!! Thanks Denis “yours very truly” hopper....and wtf did we have a car haul guy negotiating the largest collectively bargained contract in the country???

16. Coldworld

Should have had that all along.. you work 6 hours there’s no reason you shouldn’t get one 10 minute and one 15 minute.... it’s a safety thing and actually keeps you more productive because your flood sugar level hasnt dropped off a cliff

17. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

@Gumby says no

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. BigUnionGuy

I really don't understand, why the members of your Local put up that nonsense.

19. Coldworld

Jumbo says vote no???? Ok

20. BigUnionGuy

#623livesmatter

This is how pathetic it's become.

They should be Walmart greeters.... not Teamsters.

Pfft.