Central supplement

F

Frankie's Friend

That had to have been the company's idea. Can't get enough PTers, so let's force laid off drivers to work two shifts. Lmao.
If they're forced do they get the higher wage rate?
Looks like they're forced to me.

F

Frankie's Friend

Yes, even if it is ten stops, if you have more seniority than whose route you'd be doing. If you request that bump a few times, maybe they'll decide to cut someone else's route the next time.
We count pick ups as well. Someone (or more) got the daily pickups associated with that bid if there were any.

F

Frankie's Friend

Since it reads removed from the workplace does it limit it to acts of perceived violence or threats on company property only?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
List cardinal sins ?

Be careful of what you ask for.

Oh, that's a cardinal sin.... goodbye.... there's no negotiating after that.
@BigUnionGuy , these words have haunted me all day....actually for years.

While on the surface they make some sense, inevitably they are gibberish.

Article 17 of the Central Region is a detailed "list of cardinal sins", aside from subsection (i)....why?

This notion that the IBT should strive to negotiate in the "gray areas", in order to save those who paint outside the lines, doesn't seem to advance the bargaining unit as a whole.

Could it be that the desire to save everybody from themselves, is a burden not worthy of the masses?

Seriously, shouldn't cardinal be cardinal, and how can it not be specifically defined?

We can't stop UPS from throwing :censored2: against the wall, but why do we continue to entertain it in Central Region Supplemental language?

SMH

~Bbbl~

Last edited:

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
I was really hoping the central would clarify the 9.5 list eligibility requirements. SThe NMA clarifies in 22.4 that all employees are eligible if the hub utilizes 22.4 language but article 37 only mention they will have a union controlled list and the old language of bid a route, work a full week or 4 years seniority is still there.

F

Frankie's Friend

I agree it cleans it up. The politicians are saying it’s worse. They don’t want to believe it’s better. 17i was intended to be the most extreme situations. Pulling to wrong load or mis sorts is not a 17i.
The language is more restrictive to the company.

Since it reads removed from the workplace does it limit it to acts of perceived violence or threats on company property only?
Any clarification on this issue?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Article 17 of the Central Region is a detailed "list of cardinal sins", aside from subsection (i)....why?

Article 17-i.... didn't come into existence until August 1st 1993.

Gee, who was the General President at the time ?

Best Teamster President ever ? Hardly.

The 1993 contract was the epitome of concessions.

Out of 21 Union reps (who represented the Union) I only recognize 6 names.

2 of which, are still active Teamster officers.

-Bug-

bumped

Please elaborate. My route is frequently cut and I have 20 years driving seniority. I have filed a grievance and it went to panel and the outcome is still vague and nobody knows the actual language.

Section 9-Route Changes
(a) Temporary:
Other than the months of November and December period of November 15th through January 15th if a bid area is changed fifty percent (50%) or more, the employee shall have the right to follow the portion in excess of fifty percent (50%) of the delivery stops. If the temporary change involves more than a two-way split, the driver shall select by seniority.

It’s yhe bold part I dont get. They split my route up to four or more different routes and I have no idea where I am allowed to go. Do I have to follow my work? Follow the largest portion? Work as directed?

This is the one thing I wanted to see cleared up in our supplement.

We can bump on any of the routes that contain our work. Be it 1 stop or 100 stops as long as you have seniority over the route you want to bump onto.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Article 17-i.... didn't come into existence until August 1st 1993.

Gee, who was the General President at the time ?

Best Teamster President ever ? Hardly.

The 1993 contract was the epitome of concessions.

Out of 21 Union reps (who represented the Union) I only recognize 6 names.

2 of which, are still active Teamster officers.

-Bug-
Who was the Central Region Director who signed off on it in 1993???

....and who has been the General President for the last 20 years?

Not that it is really that important in 2018, but worthy questions in light of your failed attempt at misdirection.

~Bbbl~™

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That information is readily accessible, from your Local.

Am I the only one.... that knows this ?

-Bug-
Come on now Bug, "readily accessable"....at my Local???

Seriously?....

In the end, I'm really not interested in a finger pointing contest, extending back 25 years.
Seems more prudent to talk about how we can fix it....for good, rather than in bits and pieces, contract after contract???

I will say that changing "serious" to "cardinal" in the present contract, amid my skepticism, seems to have substancially reduced the number of 17(i) discharges here, so who knows, maybe this add-on will help too???

~Bbbl~™

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They always gave it to them.. never got anything back in return...
How about the ability to split one vacation week into individual days??? How about making a vacation week 50 hours instead of 45??? How about an extra 8 hour request a month?????Ups wants something in return for even the most Smallest changes even those that don’t cost the company anything... but when ups wants something then we just give it to them free and Willy???? It’s total bs!!!! Thanks Denis “yours very truly” hopper....and wtf did we have a car haul guy negotiating the largest collectively bargained contract in the country???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
so we get an additonal ten minutes for break during peak
Should have had that all along.. you work 6 hours there’s no reason you shouldn’t get one 10 minute and one 15 minute.... it’s a safety thing and actually keeps you more productive because your flood sugar level hasnt dropped off a cliff