Classic FedEx Incident

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dano you doing what countless others have done. You're taking a piece of ancient text whose true meaning is anything but certain and using it to support a particular point of view. In this case your own. What's the sense in that?

OK then, how about this. You tell me where in the Bible it says that God will protect His people from all harm. I'll tell you where in the Bible it says that he won't. I have a feeling that I'll be posting a lot of scripture and you'll be posting a lot of your opinion of verses that you haven't read.

bacha29

The main reason church fail is poor leadership and we know this because THE PEOPLE WHO LEAVE CHURCHES CITE IT AS THE MAIN REASON.
Got any specific quotes to that effect of are you simply using a generalization in a pathetic attempt to cover your posterior? No surprise there because covering your arse is the first thing they teach you at the academy.

bacha29

OK then, how about this. You tell me where in the Bible it says that God will protect His people from all harm. I'll tell you where in the Bible it says that he won't. I have a feeling that I'll be posting a lot of scripture and you'll be posting a lot of your opinion of verses that you haven't read.
Let me try once again. You can in fact use any writings from any printed version of whatever holy book or "bible" you hold dear and use them to reinforce whatever point of view you want but the opportunity to do so is only made available to you by means of your constitutionally protected right to free speech. And whatever lessons and or conclusions drawn from those writings is entirely up to the reader.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The main reason church fail is poor leadership and we know this because THE PEOPLE WHO LEAVE CHURCHES CITE IT AS THE MAIN REASON.
Are you REALLY going to continue arguing with Babbler29? Those like him and MFE who believe THEY get to define God, have egos that will never allow the scales to fall from their eyes.

bacha29

Are you REALLY going to continue arguing with Babbler29? Those like him and MFE who believe THEY get to define God, have egos that will never allow the scales to fall from their eyes.
Wrong. I don't NEED you or Dano to define for me who or what God is . Therefore, you're wasting your time pulling up select passages from your version of the "bible" and use them to prop up your point of view. Perhaps you will find from time to time those who need and would appreciate you doing so but I'm not one of them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
LOL, you're silly. If you think that God is expected to prevent bad things, it just further illustrates that you don't know what you're talking about. The Bible doesn't state anywhere that believers are immune from tragedy. In fact, it says the EXACT OPPOSITE. Ignorance, my friend, ignorance.

I keep praying you go away. God didn't fulfill my request. I'll pray harder.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wrong. I don't NEED you or Dano to define for me who or what God is . Therefore, you're wasting your time pulling up select passages from your version of the "bible" and use them to prop up your point of view. Perhaps you will find from time to time those who need and would appreciate you doing so but I'm not one of them.

Wait!! You need to be SAVED. I'm sure if they throw enough scripture at you that the Kool-Aid will go down much easier. Don't you want to walk the streets paved with gold in Heaven?

59 Dano

I'll argue with them. I can't convince them to believe something that they don't believe, but I enjoy responding to the arguments they make about the faith when they take breaks from licking windows, although Babbler29 tends to wander so aimlessly with his thinking... such as it is.

59 Dano

Got any specific quotes to that effect of are you simply using a generalization in a pathetic attempt to cover your posterior? No surprise there because covering your arse is the first thing they teach you at the academy.

Welllll....

Those were things cited by our pastor. I'm sure you'll doubt his credentials. All he has is a Masters degree in divinity, a PhD in divinity, and a vested interest in cultivating and maintaining a healthy church. I bet he's never been in the jing weeds!!!

He went on to talk about the role of leadership in the church and how they affect the three reasons why people stop attending.

The first was failure to handle/improper handling of conflict. This ranges from gossip in the church to disagreements among leaders or between leaders and members to moral issues with leadership (adultery, theft, etc.) to failure to maintain confidentiality to general unprofessional behavior. These types of issues cause people to leave when they aren't properly resolved or are allowed to persist.

Next was a lack of connection with the church. Specifically, showing up every Sunday and listening to a sermon for an hour and expecting fulfilled from doing that, which is the bare minimum. Over time, it leads to feelings that they aren't important to the church and (even worse) the church isn't important to them. Active participation is vital to having a healthy church with members who properly understand their roles. Leadership is tasked with providing opportunities for engagement and encouraging involvement.

Finally, failing to adhere to the Bible. It speaks for itself. When the teachings of the church resemble less of the Bible and more of mainstream culture, there are two possible outcomes. People stop going to that church because it's distorting the word of God -or- they stop going to church completely because whatever that church is offering can be found elsewhere or they simply become disillusioned.

Like I said, I'm sure you have fault with that. Must be something in the water up there.

59 Dano

“I’ve always said that I don’t respect people who don’t proselytize. I don’t respect that at all. If you believe that there’s a heaven and a hell, and people could be going to hell or not getting eternal life, and you think that it’s not really worth telling them this because it would make it socially awkward—and atheists who think people shouldn’t proselytize and who say just leave me alone and keep your religion to yourself—how much do you have to hate somebody to not proselytize? How much do you have to hate somebody to believe everlasting life is possible and not tell them that?" -- Penn Gillette, atheist

59 Dano

Wait!! You need to be SAVED. I'm sure if they throw enough scripture at you that the Kool-Aid will go down much easier. Don't you want to walk the streets paved with gold in Heaven?

How does your wife react when you mock her faith like that?

bacha29

Pretty sad commentary when you use my wife to prop your argument. What happened to your Mom? Did she get tired of fighting your battles for you? LMAO. Furthermore, as evidenced by your comments you also are heavily dependent on your pastor to do your thinking for you.

Pastor said this, pastor said that, pastor said something else. This isn't faith. It's mind control. Probably explains why you enjoy going so much. It serves as an effective substitute until it's time for your next trip to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Center.

What's that old saying?....." We've all fallen short of the glory of God". No better example of it than you.

You're free to attend any place of worship you want. But. as long as you continue to use your self righteousness to support your demeaning comments we'll continue to chew it up and spit it right back in your face.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Pretty sad commentary when you use my wife to prop your argument. What happened to your Mom? Did she get tired of fighting your battles for you? LMAO. Furthermore, as evidenced by your comments you also are heavily dependent on your pastor to do your thinking for you.

Pastor said this, pastor said that, pastor said something else. This isn't faith. It's mind control. Probably explains why you enjoy going so much. It serves as an effective substitute until it's time for your next trip to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Center.

What's that old saying?....." We've all fallen short of the glory of God". No better example of it than you.

You're free to attend any place of worship you want. But. as long as you continue to use your self righteousness to support your demeaning comments we'll continue to chew it up and spit it right back in your face.
You just demonstrated your illiteracy once again.

@59 Dano was responding to MFE, not you.

How embarrassing!

59 Dano

Pretty sad commentary when you use my wife to prop your argument.

I was replying to MF, you idiot. Learn to read.

You don't like my explanation so I give you the explanation of someone who is more well-read and credentialed on the topic than either of us will ever be - and yet you still find fault with it. Then again, you looked at a reply to MF and assumed it was directed at you when it clearly had his name right there for you to see. Maybe you're just too dumb to know better.

By definition, all Christians are admitted sinners. Who are you trying to impress with that statement?

You don't even know what you're chewing and spitting, pal. You have no argument against Christianity or faith, you just have an argument against me. If I said the planet was round, you'd argue that it's flat simply because I said otherwise. You're clueless, you're lost, you're desperate to be taken seriously.

59 Dano

Anyone who uses their religion based self righteousness in the manner Dano uses his should be prepared for responses coming from every direction.

LOL, I've never used my religion for anything on this board other than a discussion of religion. The only direction I'm catching flak from is yours and MF's and neither one of you have a clue what you're talking about.

59 Dano

Who's to say they aren't one in the same? Bachas posting style is eerily similar to that of mfe.

I always had MF and OF as one and the same. WAY too many coincidences and similarities. MF couldn't pull off a dumb rambling senile style like bacha's. Who knows, though?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

She can believe whatever she wants. She mocks me when she wastes her time going to church, right? As in she thinks I'm wrong regarding my lack of belief. It really isn't a problem.

BTW, a PhD in Divinity is worthless, as in a degree about nonsense and
illogic.

I've always wondered why Catholics go to priests for advice about marriage, relationships, and life in general. How does someone who lives a celibate (LOL) life in an effed-up religion qualified to advise anyone on anything?

Last edited: