Classic FedEx Incident

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No. I said I LIKE the 10 Commandments and try to follow them. They're a good guide toward living a decent life. Obviously, except to you, Commandment 1 would be off my list.

Simple. Got it?

Right. You follow -well, try to follow- those which are convenient.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I take it you remain purposefully ignorant for the sake of justifying your own belief, or lack thereof. A person with a rudimentary understanding of the faith (or with access to Google) doesn't make the dumb comments that you can't seem to stop making. They may not believe, but their lack of belief isn't based on the stupidity and lack of knowledge that you're demonstrating.

Like I said, your perspective is screwball.

Believe away. My comments are right on the money.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
MrFedEx 3:16 "For Man so loved the dollar and feared death, that he created a nonsense novel named the Bible, that whosoever beleiveth in this myth shall not only perish, but wasteth thy time in hoping for an everlasting life and a Supreme Being."

If you ever need it.
Jeremiah 5:21
: : : Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not:

59 Dano

No. I said I LIKE the 10 Commandments and try to follow them. They're a good guide toward living a decent life. Obviously, except to you, Commandment 1 would be off my list.

Simple. Got it?

"I don't lie, cheat, steal, or do any of the bad 10 Commandments no-nos."

LOL, I don't think you even know what they are. You're professed adherence to all of them, including the first, and now you say double back to say that you simply LIKE nine of them and TRY to follow them.

59 Dano

Believe away. My comments are right on the money.

Far from it. If you had even the most fundamental understanding of scripture, you'd know that there is no promise of protection from bad things while living on this planet. You'd know that God uses people to fulfill His plan that he has for them and he does so in different ways, including pain. The reward for obedience is not to be found in this life.

For the third time, your perspective is screwed and fueled by ignorance. You determine what you think God should do without regard to whether or not there's any biblical basis to justify your position, then you hold it against him because He isn't doing what you think He should. Another --gasp!-- straw man argument.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Far from it. If you had even the most fundamental understanding of scripture, you'd know that there is no promise of protection from bad things while living on this planet. You'd know that God uses people to fulfill His plan that he has for them and he does so in different ways, including pain. The reward for obedience is not to be found in this life.

For the third time, your perspective is screwed and fueled by ignorance. You determine what you think God should do without regard to whether or not there's any biblical basis to justify your position, then you hold it against him because He isn't doing what you think He should. Another --gasp!-- straw man argument.

Scripture is fake, so why take the time to understand a fantasy?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"I don't lie, cheat, steal, or do any of the bad 10 Commandments no-nos."

LOL, I don't think you even know what they are. You're professed adherence to all of them, including the first, and now you say double back to say that you simply LIKE nine of them and TRY to follow them.

i live a very peaceful and ethical life, even if it doesn't involve Space God. Your self-righteous and judgmental "Christians" are living down to my every expectation. Set the trap, and you fall right in...again.

59 Dano

Scripture is fake, so why take the time to understand a fantasy?

So that you don't sound ignorant when you're trying to debunk it, for one.

i live a very peaceful and ethical life, even if it doesn't involve Space God. Your self-righteous and judgmental "Christians" are living down to my every expectation. Set the trap, and you fall right in...again.

LOL, what? Explaining to you what scripture says after you get it wrong is "living down" your ridiculous and nonsensical expectations? Most agnostics and atheists have at least gone through the trouble of learning the basics so that they aren't swinging blindly. Nice to see that you don't feel the need to go into battle with knowledge on your side.

bacha29

So that you don't sound ignorant when you're trying to debunk it, for one.

LOL, what? Explaining to you what scripture says after you get it wrong is "living down" your ridiculous and nonsensical expectations? Most agnostics and atheists have at least gone through the trouble of learning the basics so that they aren't swinging blindly. Nice to see that you don't feel the need to go into battle with knowledge on your side.
Dano people like you who claim to have some type of affiliation with some branch of organized religion is exactly the reason why church pews are empty and in many cases have closed or are about to close.

You can publicly align yourself with whatever religion or denomination you want make any public religious proclamation you want but it means nothing if it has no credibility ....You're perfectly free to continue to be the pompous, arrogant, condescending self righteous, little pr*ck that you are but before you point your hypocritical little finger at another person and start questioning their spiritual correctness, you too are obviously lacking when it comes to the virtues commonly found with an individual of true faith.

59 Dano

Dano people like you who claim to have some type of affiliation with some branch of organized religion is exactly the reason why church pews are empty and in many cases have closed or are about to close.

The main reason churches fail is poor leadership. More specifically, conflict of some nature is not properly dealt with, members don't feel connected, or the church lacks a strong foundation in teachings based on the Bible.

The ol' "I won't go to church, it's full of sinners" excuse is just that - an excuse.

You can publicly align yourself with whatever religion or denomination you want make any public religious proclamation you want but it means nothing if it has no credibility ....You're perfectly free to continue to be the pompous, arrogant, condescending self righteous, little pr*ck that you are but before you point your hypocritical little finger at another person and start questioning their spiritual correctness, you too are obviously lacking when it comes to the virtues commonly found with an individual of true faith.

I don't question someone's spiritual correctness, whatever that is. As far as this discussion is concerned, I've stated that the Bible says (or doesn't say) certain things. Sounds like you're using your dislike for me as an excuse to take issue with it, you being full of excuses and all...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The main reason churches fail is poor leadership. More specifically, conflict of some nature is not properly dealt with, members don't feel connected, or the church lacks a strong foundation in teachings based on the Bible.

The ol' "I won't go to church, it's full of sinners" excuse is just that - an excuse.

I don't question someone's spiritual correctness, whatever that is. As far as this discussion is concerned, I've stated that the Bible says (or doesn't say) certain things. Sounds like you're using your dislike for me as an excuse to take issue with it, you being full of excuses and all...

You're an expert on poor leadership. My dislike for you (intense) has zero to do with your religion. I believe all religions to be a waste of time, so I don't really care what or who anyone worships beyond their lunacy and attempts to foist said beliefs upon others.

Where was God today during the shooting or any of the other horrible things that happened today? Nowhere to be found.

You've already fallen into the "judging" trap. Beware where you step next.

bacha29

If church was a hospital for sinners......they'd have to put you on life support. Furthermore right away you blame the ongoing decline in membership on somebody else for what you perceive to be poor leadership. Well pal, the moment you step into that place of worship YOU become that leadership and based on your comments and behavior you have failed miserably in that role.

59 Dano

Where was God today during the shooting or any of the other horrible things that happened today? Nowhere to be found.

You've already fallen into the "judging" trap. Beware where you step next.

LOL, you're silly. If you think that God is expected to prevent bad things, it just further illustrates that you don't know what you're talking about. The Bible doesn't state anywhere that believers are immune from tragedy. In fact, it says the EXACT OPPOSITE. Ignorance, my friend, ignorance.

59 Dano

If church was a hospital for sinners......they'd have to put you on life support.

Tell me about my sins. I want specifics.

Furthermore right away you blame the ongoing decline in membership on somebody else for what you perceive to be poor leadership. Well pal, the moment you step into that place of worship YOU become that leadership and based on your comments and behavior you have failed miserably in that role.

Two things.

1. I don't blame the decline in membership on something, those who leave churches have given that as their general reason, with the other things I mentioned as the areas in which leadership failed. Take it up with them if you disagree.

2. When did I become responsible for a church's leadership when I'm not part of a church's leadership?

bacha29

LOL, you're silly. If you think that God is expected to prevent bad things, it just further illustrates that you don't know what you're talking about. The Bible doesn't state anywhere that believers are immune from tragedy. In fact, it says the EXACT OPPOSITE. Ignorance, my friend, ignorance.
Dano you doing what countless others have done. You're taking a piece of ancient text whose true meaning is anything but certain and using it to support a particular point of view. In this case your own. What's the sense in that?

bacha29

Remember these comments? Now try to tell us that you blame it on poor leadership.