CONTRACT settled by the weekend??

B

brown monster

My god.....here we go again.

Remember those 12 hour days?

YOU
chose to do them.

Didn't see your kids grow up?

YOU chose UPS as being more important then your children if that is the case.

You made those sacrifices. UPS didn't force you to do it. You could have chosen to go work some where else, no? We all have parts of our job we don't like. You can either deal with it and stop the complaining or go find another job.

It's not for everyone.

That has got to be the most ignorant comment that I've ever Read in the history of internet.

We should have more driver and less over 8 hr days. UPS is throwing away our family time and spending your inflated pay (that will increase by $9 over next 5 )
at time ina half. lol. They could be saving money and have less work load on us by keeping us at 8 hr days and having all that time ina half being saved by paying additional drvivers at straight time while diverting the extra load to them so we could all have a more reasonable work schedule and more full timers.

It's not so hard if you see the big picture and the additional $9 getting dumped on us could instead go to fundining the pay of additional drivers and us with a less work load can have that 40 hr work week and energy/time to spend with the family we work so hard to support.

ups79

If you want a 40 hour work week go to an independent gas station. Come on why should anyone complain about the pay and benefits you receive, considering overtime pay after 8 hours per day?

local804

If you want a 40 hour work week go to an independent gas station. Come on why should anyone complain about the pay and benefits you receive, considering overtime pay after 8 hours per day?

Did you ever hear of quality of life?
Oh I guess not, you must be part of UPS management.

VTBrown

That has got to be the most ignorant comment that I've ever Read in the history of internet.

We should have more driver and less over 8 hr days. UPS is throwing away our family time and spending your inflated pay (that will increase by $9 over next 5 )
at time ina half. lol. They could be saving money and have less work load on us by keeping us at 8 hr days and having all that time ina half being saved by paying additional drvivers at straight time while diverting the extra load to them so we could all have a more reasonable work schedule and more full timers.

It's not so hard if you see the big picture and the additional $9 getting dumped on us could instead go to fundining the pay of additional drivers and us with a less work load can have that 40 hr work week and energy/time to spend with the family we work so hard to support.

Oh please.....you guys can go work some where else. That is how you choose your work hours.
Yet YOU all choose to stay here and deal with the environment UPS is.
Your not forced to be here.

You want 8hr days? Cool.....lets go tell all of our shippers that they need to be ready by 1700 every day so we can get back to the center and get wrapped to go home at the magic 8hr day.

You think you could build economical routes by taking say 10 to 15 stops off of everyone? Are you forgetting fuel and wear on the Vehicles?

Also my god dude...It's $9hr combined with benefits, It's not going to be a $9hr raise to our pay.

If you don't like the overtime, improve your methods, file a 9.5 and then refile when they don't follow through. When you stop to buy a water/soda put that 5 minutes towards one of your 10 minute breaks.

The problem is that your going to have drivers work 9.5 regardless if they have an 8hr day or not. They ruin it for everyone.

Or quit the freaken job and go find something that sits with you better.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Never work a 12 hour day, even at peak. Do your kids go to bed at 7 and leave during the weekend. Why the drama? Cost is less to pay overtime than to put more trucks on the road, pay more benefits etc.

alister

HazMat.....There's some kind January 2008 money penalty to be avoided.....so I think they want the contract in place, approved by the members and ready by this January date. I can't remember what the penalty is about, but the Jan. '08 date sticks in my head from reading about it somewhere.

Maybe somebody else can supply the specifics.....

The CS Pension is the main reason why the contract is being pushed right now. The pension may be taken over by the government beginning January 1 2008 if it continues the way it is.
This is part of the pension reform that was enacted because of eron.

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
The CS Pension is the main reason why the contract is being pushed right now. The pension may be taken over by the government beginning January 1 2008 if it continues the way it is.
This is part of the pension reform that was enacted because of eron.

You guys are sounding a lot like the MBE owners who were about to go into Chapter 11 when American Stationary owned them and than UPS came in and bought the MBE portion to bail them out and then renamed them the UPS Stores. Does anyone understand that the Central States Pension Fund is Bankrupt----this is great news for those UPSers in the Central States Fund---and it is only costing UPS how many BILLION$$$$$$$$$$$$?

I knew the work was hard and there was going to be long hours---but I knew the money was good and the benefits great.I am happy to settle this thing and not lose any volume to our competitors because of any potential strike threat--I'M IN!!!!

Braveheart

I agree! Remember to read the entire contract people and don't get fooled by the pretty paint job. Look under the hood and read every contract area that changed and more to the point all the areas that got zero improvements!

Last edited:

Braveheart

I sure am glad it is only 5 years and not longer. We will get improvements for sure but what are we not getting. I have no problem if the raises are smaller than the $1 we just got as long as we can fix the language of the contract. I will take flat raises for all 5 years, just fix the 9.5, 8 hour day, Art 48, pay issues, harassment issues, protect our full time jobs, add more full time jobs including combo jobs, replace some more of these old trucks, add a vacation at 5 years, pay the grievances in a timely manner, stop the excessive rides, make the funeral language easier to understand, promote the cover drivers, end UPS ability to abuse helper language, end lite duty abuses, add more protection in worker's comp situations, give the early am deliveries back to the full timers, give us the choice of taking a shorter lunch on days we need to get home sooner, eliminate accidents for getting stuck in dirt rodes, add combo full time OCA/Carwash jobs to help the drivers get home sooner, and so forth and so on! Hell, they fix all of this and any other CONTRACT GREY AREAS including the pension, and I will take 25 cent raises. We get paid well enough, lets fix the language and make it a better place to work. The more we make the more they squeeze.

BigBrownSanta

I sure am glad it is only 5 years and not longer. We will get improvements for sure but what are we not getting. I have no problem if the raises are smaller than the $1 we just got as long as we can fix the language of the contract. I will take flat raises for all 5 years, just fix the 9.5, 8 hour day, Art 48, pay issues, harassment issues, protect our full time jobs, add more full time jobs including combo jobs, replace some more of these old trucks, add a vacation at 5 years, pay the grievances in a timely manner, stop the excessive rides, make the funeral language easier to understand, promote the cover drivers, end UPS ability to abuse helper language, end lite duty abuses, add more protection in worker's comp situations, give the early am deliveries back to the full timers, give us the choice of taking a shorter lunch on days we need to get home sooner, eliminate accidents for getting stuck in dirt rodes, add combo full time OCA/Carwash jobs to help the drivers get home sooner, and so forth and so on! Hell, they fix all of this and any other CONTRACT GREY AREAS including the pension, and I will take 25 cent raises. We get paid well enough, lets fix the language and make it a better place to work. The more we make the more they squeeze.
That's what I was saying about the current contract way back in 2002. It seems everyone saw the $1.00/hr. raise for 2007, and voted for it. I'll say it again, 6 years is a long time to wait. People need to take a long hard look at what's in this contract before voting. Every dues paying member needs to be at the union hall for the reading of the new contract to get the information right, not rely on rumors.

Cole

Sounds like a few mngrs on here trying to pretend to be hourlies.

I agree read and question everything to it's entirety!