Coronavirus

fishtm2001

donald: Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York passed on an opportunity to purchase 16,000 ventilators at a low cost in 2015, Trump said during the Fox News town hall.

truth: The report notes that the state would need 15,783 more ventilators than it had at the time to aid patients during “an influenza pandemic on the scale of the 1918 pandemic.” The report does not include a recommendation to Cuomo for additional purchases or stockpiling.

donald: Cuomo’s office established “death panels” and “lotteries” as part of the state’s pandemic response.

truth: The 2015 report and the accompanying press release announced updated guidelines for hospitals to follow to allocate ventilators. The guidelines “call for a triage officer or triage committee to determine who receives or continues to receive ventilator therapy” and describes how a random lottery allocation might work. (Neither should be the first options for deciding care, the report notes.) Cuomo never established a lottery.

donald: I didn’t say that governors do not need all the medical equipment they are requesting from the federal government. And I didn’t say that governors should be more appreciative of the help.

truth: donald told Fox News’ Sean Hannity on Thursday, March 26, that “a lot of equipment’s being asked for that I don’t think they’ll need,” referring to requests from the governors of Michigan, New York, and Washington. He also said, during a Friday, March 27, task-force briefing, that he wanted state leaders “to be appreciative … We’ve done a great job.”

donald: Asked about his past praise of China and its transparency, donald said that he hadn’t “talked about China’s transparency.”

truth: He lauded the country in tweets he sent in late January and early February. In one, he highlighted the Chinese government’s “transparency” about the coronavirus outbreak.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
donald: Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York passed on an opportunity to purchase 16,000 ventilators at a low cost in 2015, Trump said during the Fox News town hall.

truth: The report notes that the state would need 15,783 more ventilators than it had at the time to aid patients during “an influenza pandemic on the scale of the 1918 pandemic.” The report does not include a recommendation to Cuomo for additional purchases or stockpiling.

donald: Cuomo’s office established “death panels” and “lotteries” as part of the state’s pandemic response.

truth: The 2015 report and the accompanying press release announced updated guidelines for hospitals to follow to allocate ventilators. The guidelines “call for a triage officer or triage committee to determine who receives or continues to receive ventilator therapy” and describes how a random lottery allocation might work. (Neither should be the first options for deciding care, the report notes.) Cuomo never established a lottery.

donald: I didn’t say that governors do not need all the medical equipment they are requesting from the federal government. And I didn’t say that governors should be more appreciative of the help.

truth: donald told Fox News’ Sean Hannity on Thursday, March 26, that “a lot of equipment’s being asked for that I don’t think they’ll need,” referring to requests from the governors of Michigan, New York, and Washington. He also said, during a Friday, March 27, task-force briefing, that he wanted state leaders “to be appreciative … We’ve done a great job.”

donald: Asked about his past praise of China and its transparency, donald said that he hadn’t “talked about China’s transparency.”

truth: He lauded the country in tweets he sent in late January and early February. In one, he highlighted the Chinese government’s “transparency” about the coronavirus outbreak.
Geez. I hope when I retire I don’t become obsessed with a former president.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Would you have taken the shot any sooner or later if Trump was sworn in as the 46th?
DkwICXfVAAIAF_j.jpg

newfie

That fall, the State Department team got a tip from a foreign source: Key information was likely sitting in the U.S. intelligence community’s own files, unanalyzed.

oldngray

nowhere special
That fall, the State Department team got a tip from a foreign source: Key information was likely sitting in the U.S. intelligence community’s own files, unanalyzed.

and the media is working hard trying to pretend this is new information. Which they buried last year.

newfie

They are working hard to protect Fauci. Blaming those mean Republicans for daring to bring up those e-mails.
its a sobering thought. 600 K dead here and the media is only worried about protecting the reputation of the scientist who possibly encouraged the lab experiments that created the disease.

vantexan

its a sobering thought. 600 K dead here and the media is only worried about protecting the reputation of the scientist who possibly encouraged the lab experiments that created the disease.
I wonder what our response would be if a country launched a missile attack that killed 600,000+?

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!

Tyrone Slothrop

Congratulations on that link. Did you actually read it? It doesn't say what you think it does.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

He was so sick he only had a 6 shot lead

Remember when athletes who felt under the weather and kept competing were seen as heros? Now they use fake tests to shut down a competitor.