Coronavirus

El Correcto

god is dead
44 Americans on cruise ship docked in Japan tested positive for coronavirus, U.S. health official says

BEIJING - Hundreds of U.S. citizens who have spent nearly two weeks exposed to the coronavirus and quarantined aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship docked near Tokyo were evacuated Sunday evening and taken by bus to a nearby airport, where two chartered planes are scheduled to return them to the United States.

Forty-four Americans who were traveling on the Diamond Princess have been infected, Anthony Fauci, director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told The Washington Post on Sunday.

About 400 Americans were on the cruise ship when it docked in Japan, and the Japanese Defense Ministry said 300 of them disembarked Sunday night, the Associated Press reported. Once they land on U.S. soil, the passengers will be quarantined and monitored for an additional 14 days at military bases in Texas and California.
Yay corona virus is coming to Texas!

vantexan

same is true in the "medical" arts/ science field. Why are you so freaked out about it. The regular flu is still taking more lives daily. We all die some time
Apparently you can't see the ramifications of a 1918 type event. But who's getting freaked out? I'm citing known facts and the prudent amongst us might look into precautions. FedEx gives me a nice discount on airline tickets. If the virus starts growing rapidly in the U.S. I'm taking my wife and stepdaughter to Argentina. Assuming they'll let us in. As big as India but with a small population. About the best place to be outside of the Sahara. Or in a sailboat on the ocean.

It will be fine

Apparently you can't see the ramifications of a 1918 type event. But who's getting freaked out? I'm citing known facts and the prudent amongst us might look into precautions. FedEx gives me a nice discount on airline tickets. If the virus starts growing rapidly in the U.S. I'm taking my wife and stepdaughter to Argentina. Assuming they'll let us in. As big as India but with a small population. About the best place to be outside of the Sahara. Or in a sailboat on the ocean.
Wash your hands and don’t touch your face. This isn’t hard.

Nolimitz

run and hide. chicken little

vantexan

run and hide. chicken little
This thing might fizzle out. That the Chinese government has 60 million in lockdown suggests they think it won't soon. For folks who claim to believe in science you sure stick your heads in the sand. By the way, African Swine Fever, a virus that fortunately doesn't affect humans, has killed 250 million pigs in China and millions elsewhere. And is still spreading. Dozens of wild pigs in Poland have been found dead with it and recently by the German border. Germany is Europe's biggest exporter of pork. It's probably in the U.S. soon. USDA says it probably has made it to our ports but hasn't spread so far. The 250 million dead pigs in China? That started in August 2018.

It will be fine

This thing might fizzle out. That the Chinese government has 60 million in lockdown suggests they think it won't soon. For folks who claim to believe in science you sure stick your heads in the sand. By the way, African Swine Fever, a virus that fortunately doesn't affect humans, has killed 250 million pigs in China and millions elsewhere. And is still spreading. Dozens of wild pigs in Poland have been found dead with it and recently by the German border. Germany is Europe's biggest exporter of pork. It's probably in the U.S. soon. USDA says it probably has made it to our ports but hasn't spread so far. The 250 million dead pigs in China? That started in August 2018.
Copy that, we should lock down the pigs.