Coronavirus

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There’s a lot of shelter in place orders right now. That is slowing the spread of the virus. When those orders are lifted the virus will spread faster. Most people aren’t going to run out to the shopping malls when the orders are lifted. It’s going to be a slow recovery regardless of what happens now. Without massive widespread testing or a vaccine people aren’t going back to normal. There’s no magic solution to stop the economic harm.
Then let it rip. Open everything up.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I've never been to a NASCAR event either. I know I wouldn't care for it because no way in hell could I sit for 4 hours watching one race. (its more like watching a freight train go around). Dirt track racing is totally different. Races usually last only about 10-15 minutes with the feature races lasting a bit longer (20 minute time limit at our local 1/3 mile dirt track. . The longest dirt track race I go to is 50 laps on a 1/2 mile track. I've never even been able to watch a complete NASCAR race on tv. If I do watch it maybe the first 10 laps and the last 10.
I'm no racing fan but to watch a race in person is awesome. The speed at which they go is really something to see, TV can't capture that experience. If you only went once you won't regret going.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Maybe i am misunderstanding what you are advocating
Are you not saying that we should reopen everything back up in the non New York, and Detroit areas
And if it we open everything back up now it would be a lot more than that, and the last month and half would have been for nothing
There’s a lot of shelter in place orders right now. That is slowing the spread of the virus. When those orders are lifted the virus will spread faster.
Which brings us back to the originally stated purpose of the 'SHUTDOWN' ... FLATTEN THE CURVE.
To ensure that our healthcare system capacity is not exceeded.

Note that the volume under each curve is the same ... the number of cases will be the same.

flatteningthecurve740px.jpg

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm no racing fan but to watch a race in person is awesome. The speed at which they go is really something to see, TV can't capture that experience. If you only went once you won't regret going.
The few people I know who have gone mostly say it was fun but never again---it was too long.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
And it never was, even in New York. The numbers were bogus.
If mitigation efforts were not taken, the New York City area probably would have exceeded Healthcare System Capacity.
We'll never know for sure though.
Perhaps, if Cuomo had not ordered elderly people sick with COVID into the Nursing Homes,
the number of cases would have been much, much lower.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Indy 500 was the coolest thing I’ve ever been to. Amazing. Love dirt track racing tho. I’m going Saturday to the race and I’m pumped about it

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Good 4 min vid in the story. Watch it. :teethy:

'Really snapped my neck': Mike Rowe slams Andrew Cuomo defense of 'drastic' coronavirus restrictions

“Well, not to pile up on the governor, but a couple of weeks ago, he said another thing that really snapped my neck,” Rowe said. “He said, ‘No measure, no matter how drastic or draconian should be deemed unjustified if it saves a single life.'”

“Safety obviously is very, very, very important, but the notion that nothing in the country is more important than staying safe, that’s not something commonsensical people embrace,” he continued. “That’s something you hear from people who are trying to sell you something, or politicians who are trying to get reelected. We have to get away from the cookie-cutter bromides and platitudes and start dealing with one zip code at a time.”

“Thirty-three, 34 million people are out of work right now and, and by definition, those people are out of work because, according to the governor, they are nonessential,” he said. “But if you look at the impact of removing those workers from our economy, you know, our macro-economy, you can see that they’re absolutely essential.

Vikings22

This virus isn't a big deal.

The sheep in this country are gobbling up everything the Government feeds them.

You posted really obvious misinformation that the CDC had greatly reduced what the death toll was.

You clearly have poor skills in discerning what good and bad information are. Your reading comprehension is also pretty limited.

Please stop trying to think and have a discussion when these things are well beyond your ability.

It will be fine

No, the question is for those that want to keep the shutdown going. How long and at what price?
The reality is restrictions will loosen until hospitalizations start to spike again and then they’ll tighten again. It’s going to drag on until there’s a vaccine. I doubt it’ll even require government mandates. People will do it on their own at this point.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
The reality is restrictions will loosen until hospitalizations start to spike again and then they’ll tighten again. It’s going to drag on until there’s a vaccine. I doubt it’ll even require government mandates. People will do it on their own at this point.
Scientists believe they’ve found a mutation that’s weakening the virus. So hopefully we are on the right track to being completely open. I sure hope so.