Coronavirus

refineryworker05

I mentioned them, and in reply to your assertions about Republicans I'll ask again. Why if the Democrats have done things so well have they been voted out of office? Obviously not just a Republican issue.
I don't care why you brought up Democrats, they have nothing to do with my point, neither do election results.

My question stands unanswered what have national republicans been right about in the last 20years. I honestly can't think of a single thing.

refineryworker05

Trump was listening to the scientists and doctors like he has been all along.

The pandemic response plan, which was devised under the Obama administration, was to coordinate with the World Health Organization. They were lying for China.

This is basic factual stuff comrade. You seem very uninformed.

Your response has nothing to do with my post. Whatever pandemic response plan you are pretending existed didn't call for trump to personally and repeatedly praise China's and the Chinese president's coronavirus response. Trump himself, the president was pushing Chinese propaganda about the coronavirus. Isn't that what you are pretending to be outraged about concerning my post? But the president repeatedly and directly pushing Chinese coronavirus propaganda gets a pass?

refineryworker05

Trump changed his view on how the Chinese have handled the virus. Where were you?
What does this have to do with my point? changing one's view doesn't require trump to personally praise China's response as great and perfect and lavish praise on the Chinese president's coronavirus response, while trump fans pretend to be outraged about Chinese coronavirus propaganda while ignoring that trump himself was one of the biggest boosters publicly of spreading that propaganda . I don't get these responses. It's like what I post isnt being read and then I get a response to my post that ignores my actual point in an attempt to get me to address some nonsense point. It is very boring to be honest.

refineryworker05

Do you also feel foolish when you read that prominent Democrats early on downplayed the seriousness of the virus and encouraged people to go to festivals, go out and eat, travel?
Again what does this have to do with my post?

What does anyone feeling foolish or Democrats downplaying the virus have to do with the president spreading Chinese coronavirus propaganda repeatedly?

vantexan

I don't care why you brought up Democrats, they have nothing to do with my point, neither do election results.

My question stands unanswered what have national republicans been right about in the last 20years. I honestly can't think of a single thing.
But that's just my point. If Republicans haven't done anything right in the last twenty years then why do Democrats ever lose elections?

vantexan

What does this have to do with my point? changing one's view doesn't require trump to personally praise China's response as great and perfect and lavish praise on the Chinese president's coronavirus response, while trump fans pretend to be outraged about Chinese coronavirus propaganda while ignoring that trump himself was one of the biggest boosters publicly of spreading that propaganda . I don't get these responses. It's like what I post isnt being read and then I get a response to my post that ignores my actual point in an attempt to get me to address some nonsense point. It is very boring to be honest.
You only want to see it from one angle. Early on Trump praised China, sure. As more information has come out he's been critical. It's easy for you to criticize with hindsight, but the only negative would be to refuse to acknowledge China's wrongdoing with new information coming out. Trump and others have changed their opinion as more and more info has come out.

vantexan

Again what does this have to do with my post?

What does anyone feeling foolish or Democrats downplaying the virus have to do with the president spreading Chinese coronavirus propaganda repeatedly?
The president early on issued a travel ban for Chinese citizens wanting to come to the U.S. The Chinese traveling all over was a major catalyst in the worldwide pandemic. He was called racist and xenophobic by major liberal media as well as major Democrat politicians who were urging people to ignore Trump and enjoy festivals, use public transportation, etc. So if you're critical of Trump and don't acknowledge all the other you're at best disingenuous.

vantexan

You can't seem to grasp that things changed quickly as more information came out. You don't also seem aware that Trump was negotiating a trade deal with China that would greatly help our agricultural sector, among others. He was being gracious with the Chinese concerning that but there was little information about the virus at the time.

upschuck

Big thing that is wrong with America is thinking "your" side is always right, and the other is always wrong.