Coronavirus

Box Ox

so roughly 45000 american deaths so far were unnecessary because of trumps inaction on coronavirus. thats 9/11 times 10

My initial left-leaning reaction: "Yeah, Trump's own personal Vietnam wasn't really avoiding STDs after all!"

My more reasoned reaction: Did he not follow the advice of Fauci and his other experts as it came?

rickyb

My initial left-leaning reaction: "Yeah, Trump's own personal Vietnam wasn't really avoiding STDs after all!"

My more reasoned reaction: Did he not follow the advice of Fauci and his other experts as it came?
i think fauci even said he got major pushback. fauci was also downplaying it too initially.

yea i thought of the wars as well because presidents regularily sacrifice the country for unwinnable, immoral, illegal wars.

Box Ox

Joe Biden said it's 600,000. And everyone knows that democrats never lie.

Gonna be so much butthurt on the left if Trump manages to win in November. All of these Democrats saying Trump is a mortal threat to democracy and the best person to stand up in its supposed defense is a 77 year old who has lost his damn mind. Amazing.

rickyb

Gonna be so much butthurt on the left if Trump manages to win in November. All of these Democrats saying Trump is a mortal threat to democracy and the best person to stand up in its supposed defense is a 77 year old who has lost his damn mind. Amazing.
was biden elected or selected?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
was biden elected or selected?
So far neither.
Just because the other want-to-be have dropped out , does not mean he has won anything. That is what the National Convention is about. They select the one to run for POTUS.
Have you noticed that the others haven't given their delegates to Biden ?
They are using them for leverage for a seat at the table.

oldngray

nowhere special
So far neither.
Just because the other want-to-be have dropped out , does not mean he has won anything. That is what the National Convention is about. They select the one to run for POTUS.
Biden is the presumptive nominee. Which means it isn't official yet.

rickyb

So far neither.
i havent followed it but bernie gave away alot of whatever power he had by endorsing biden. but its definitely a rigged system based on internal power of the DNC and media, not the people.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
revolt-p2WUEFGrAdA-unsplash-2.jpg

Brown echo

Majority of new COVID-19 hospitalizations in New York are people who stayed at home

96% also have underlying health issues, according to data revealed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

They aren’t frontline workers. They aren’t riding New York City subways. They aren’t stuck in jails or homeless shelters or other congregate facilities where the disease could spread easily.

The vast majority of New Yorkers still walking into hospitals with COVID-19 have been sheltering at home and avoiding mass transit. Very few were even traveling on foot or in their own cars on a daily basis, according to a survey of new patients from over 100 hospitals across the state over a three-day span. Of those surveyed, 66% were at home before entering the hospital.

“We were thinking that maybe we were going to find a higher percentage of essential employees were getting sick because they were going to work. That this maybe was nurses, doctors, transit workers—that’s not the case,” Cuomo said. Some 83% of new patients are out of work or retired, and aren’t even leaving their home on a daily basis.

UniformRemarkableBrownbear-small.gif

Brown echo

There’s dozens of articles covering this.

“At Providence, the volume of heart attack patients fell by about 50% in March compared with the same month last year, Hochman said, adding that the notion that people have just stopped having heart attacks is "too good to be true." He and other physicians suspect patients that have mild heart attacks or strokes — which would normally have sent them to the ER — are seeking treatment from family doctors or outpatient clinics or are forgoing it altogether as Covid-19 patients inundate hospitals across the country. The consequences could last years, he said.”

Doctors worry the coronavirus is keeping patients away from US hospitals as ER visits drop: 'Heart attacks don't stop'
UnfortunateBestArgentineruddyduck-small.gif