Coronavirus

vantexan

Myself and many people I know invested in real estate during the crash. It was being sold at a heavy discount then.
Good for you. Most people panicked because there were millions of foreclosed properties and a lot of people out of work. But at the same time there were billions of 401k money being pumped into the stock market weekly, and nothing else was generating good returns.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My own perspective. If I'm wrong show me. Or laugh at me like It Will be Fine because how can a courier know anything?
You're saying that we had a 7 1/2 year bull market under Obama because people stopped buying real estate and started buying stocks instead. That sounds pretty far fetched to me but if you had some actual data to back it I wanted to see it. If it's just a whacky idea you came up with then ok, carry on.

vantexan

You're saying that we had a 7 1/2 year bull market under Obama because people stopped buying real estate and started buying stocks instead. That sounds pretty far fetched to me but if you had some actual data to back it I wanted to see it. If it's just a whacky idea you came up with then ok, carry on.
OK, why did we have a 7.5 year bull market under Obama? What did he put in place that made businesses want to expand or was it in spite of what he did or didn't do?

It will be fine

My own perspective. If I'm wrong show me. Or laugh at me like It Will be Fine because how can a courier know anything?
I laugh at you because even when presented with the evidence that disproves your economic beliefs you continue to believe them. Trump’s corporate tax cuts had little to no effect on unemployment, that doesn’t stop you from believing it did.

vantexan

I laugh at you because even when presented with the evidence that disproves your economic beliefs you continue to believe them. Trump’s corporate tax cuts had little to no effect on unemployment, that doesn’t stop you from believing it did.
Taxes were cut, regulations reduced or rescinded, businesses could keep more of what they earned, incentive to create new business or expand current business, new employees hired to handle that, unemployment reduced to record levels. You haven't shown me anything that disputes that.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
OK, why did we have a 7.5 year bull market under Obama? What did he put in place that made businesses want to expand or was it in spite of what he did or didn't do?
The economy was fundamentally sound and there were no real bubbles or big financial crises. Obama didn't have to do anything (maybe TARP helped at the beginning), he just had to not do anything to screw it up.

vantexan

The economy was fundamentally sound and there were no real bubbles or big financial crises. Obama didn't have to do anything (maybe TARP helped at the beginning), he just had to not do anything to screw it up.
And because he didn't do anything most of his job growth was just people returning to work after the recession. There was little real job creation and wages were stagnant. The stock market worked out well for those with enough to invest but the middle class was hammered. You work at a union protected job with great pay and benefits. Most don't. Trump got elected because in the swing states that mattered nothing was being done to help their economy and Hillary was looking like more of the same. That caused enough in traditionally Democrat voting States to give Trump a chance. Whether that'll happen this time seems doubtful unless the economy recovers quickly but make no mistake if the virus hadn't hit the Democrats would have had no chance in November.

rickyb

And because he didn't do anything most of his job growth was just people returning to work after the recession. There was little real job creation and wages were stagnant. The stock market worked out well for those with enough to invest but the middle class was hammered. You work at a union protected job with great pay and benefits. Most don't. Trump got elected because in the swing states that mattered nothing was being done to help their economy and Hillary was looking like more of the same. That caused enough in traditionally Democrat voting States to give Trump a chance. Whether that'll happen this time seems doubtful unless the economy recovers quickly but make no mistake if the virus hadn't hit the Democrats would have had no chance in November.
wages have been stagnant for 50 years. i agree obama sucks.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What does any of this have to do with your claim that the bull market happened because people bought stocks instead of real estate?

It will be fine

Taxes were cut, regulations reduced or rescinded, businesses could keep more of what they earned, incentive to create new business or expand current business, new employees hired to handle that, unemployment reduced to record levels. You haven't shown me anything that disputes that.
All trend lines continued at the same pace as under Obama until Trump destroyed everything. You have beliefs. You don’t have data.

rickyb

obama sucked balls. he presided over the biggest wealth transfer in history, he tried passing TPP biggest corporate power grab in history described as NAFTA on steroids, he bailed out the banks and main st suffer and get foreclosed on, arrested 0 banksters, presided over huge economic bubble, unionization rate probably dropped under him.

corrupt neo liberals are the reason america elected a neo fascist like trump.

trump also was bad for the economy. obama and trump both presided over an economic cycle which ended under trump and concluded in another depression. recessions happen every 5 years or so i forget. trump tried to keep it going as he knew he cant get re-elected in a depression (or its unlikely).

Last edited:

vantexan

What does any of this have to do with your claim that the bull market happened because people bought stocks instead of real estate?
You said it was fundamentally sound. If it were Trump wouldn't have gotten elected. And during that period what besides the stock market was giving respectable returns?

vantexan

All trend lines continued at the same pace as under Obama until Trump destroyed everything. You have beliefs. You don’t have data.
The stock market didn't trend up as steeply under Obama. And Trump didn't destroy anything. Everything was fine until the virus hit and your side is politicizing that because you've got nothing else but far Left economic fantasies.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You said it was fundamentally sound. If it were Trump wouldn't have gotten elected. And during that period what besides the stock market was giving respectable returns?
Again, what does any of this have to do with the bull market being driven by people buying stocks instead of real estate?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The stock market didn't trend up as steeply under Obama. And Trump didn't destroy anything. Everything was fine until the virus hit and your side is politicizing that because you've got nothing else but far Left economic fantasies.
1594150264339.png

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You didn't offer anything like 'evidence' ... you just made s:censored2:t up and threw out there and Van didn't buy and neither do I.
Jones is pretty straight shooter but not you in regards to what you post on here.
Even Jones uses numbers to lie about the stock market under Obama ... ie. his chart above.

Last edited: