Coronavirus

vantexan

Again, what does any of this have to do with the bull market being driven by people buying stocks instead of real estate?
Bull markets exist because people buy stock in greater numbers than before. If there's no other outlet to increase returns people go to what's left. With all the 401k money being pumped in it doesn't take much outside money buying stock to see values rise. That feeds on itself. Companies were profiting as the recovery improved and they weren't passing on that money in increased wages. The increased profits increased dividends which attracted money to the market. But that bull market did little to help the middle class unless you had a well paying job and could invest in the stock market.

vantexan

Lulz. Totally consistent argument, you’re not just seeing things through a partisan lens at all.
If Obama had done what Trump has done I'd be saying the exact same thing. He didn't, and Hillary lost. You on the other hand would rather gnaw off your arm than say Trump has done anything worthwhile.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Bull markets exist because people buy stock in greater numbers than before. If there's no other outlet to increase returns people go to what's left. With all the 401k money being pumped in it doesn't take much outside money buying stock to see values rise. That feeds on itself. Companies were profiting as the recovery improved and they weren't passing on that money in increased wages. The increased profits increased dividends which attracted money to the market. But that bull market did little to help the middle class unless you had a well paying job and could invest in the stock market.
You're putting the cart before the horse. The second statement in bold is the reason is the reason people were buying stocks, and one of the underlying reasons for the bull market.

It will be fine

If Obama had done what Trump has done I'd be saying the exact same thing. He didn't, and Hillary lost. You on the other hand would rather gnaw off your arm than say Trump has done anything worthwhile.
By every metric Obama had better economic results than Trump, you just don’t believe in objective data. You have your faith and won’t be swayed.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
1594154784514.png
Graph Showing The Effects of Bush-Obama Policies.jpg

vantexan

By every metric Obama had better economic results than Trump, you just don’t believe in objective data. You have your faith and won’t be swayed.
I can see with my own eyes the effect of Trump policies before the virus hit. And how we were going nowhere with Obama. If he had done so well those swing states wouldn't have gone to Trump.

rickyb

companies were just doing stock buy backs to inflate the stock price instead of investing, and they used money from the FED to inflate the stock market. it should be pretty obvious now with the economy even more in teh gutter than it was in 2019, that theres a disconnect between teh real economy and the stock market. 10% of population owns 90% of stocks. it is in no way represenative of economic well being. the fact you guys are arguing about which president was better (not less worse) and the stock market means you all live in an alt reality.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We must be doing ok in Mn. Aldis started charging a quarter for their carts again and you have to sanitize them yourself.
If I were a kid, I would hang out by the supermarket and ask people if they want their cart returned...Keep the quarter kid.

133,849 dead Americans, 3.093+million infected.The virus has clearly shifted South. The state of Arizona is today’s daily leader with 117 dead, followed by Texas, and Florida. America has also, though expected, seen a rise in deaths for 3 straight days with today 871 dead today. The death rate follows an increase in infected and hospitalizations. Its safe to say America will be seeing 1,000+ dead again daily. The Confederate states all reopened too soon and are now paying the price with human lives, and a struggling economy. Many Confederate states are going well over 1,000 newly infected daily. Of course Texas had 8,000 newly infected today, leading the way. Florida added another 7,000+. The Show Me state has seen a huge spike in numbers, over 1,000 infected, with 16 dead. We of course know the deaths come in a week or two!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
133,849 dead Americans, 3.093+million infected.The virus has clearly shifted South. The state of Arizona is today’s daily leader with 117 dead, followed by Texas, and Florida. America has also, though expected, seen a rise in deaths for 3 straight days with today 871 dead today. The death rate follows an increase in infected and hospitalizations. Its safe to say America will be seeing 1,000+ dead again daily. The Confederate states all reopened too soon and are now paying the price with human lives, and a struggling economy. Many Confederate states are going well over 1,000 newly infected daily. Of course Texas had 8,000 newly infected today, leading the way. Florida added another 7,000+. The Show Me state has seen a huge spike in numbers, over 1,000 infected, with 16 dead. We of course know the deaths come in a week or two!
What does that have to do with the union?