Coronavirus

refineryworker05

That's just silly.
Nope my post was factual that conservatives loved GWBush, called him a great war time president who was called by god to protect America from terrorism. conservatives defended nearly everything GWBush did from the war on terror, the Iraq war, torture, indefinite detention, anti- gay marriage, and they only reject GWBush now because his presidency is correctly seen as a failure. this same fate awaits trump.

refineryworker05

Clinton had his wars and military actions, Obama was the drone president , you live in a filtered bubble.
I have no idea how that refutes my post about GWBush and how conservatives loved him and said he was a great war time president who was called by god to protect America from terrorism, but ok

refineryworker05

Economically Carter failed and didn't get reelected. I worked in a supermarket then and was in charge of daily putting new price tags on everything that was going up in price. And up, and up.
Well Carter didn't get re elected. But the economy under Carter all things measured was ok in many respects. But under GWBush and now trump the economy was and is terrible.

PT Car Washer

Nope my post was factual that conservatives loved GWBush, called him a great war time president who was called by god to protect America from terrorism. conservatives defended nearly everything GWBush did from the war on terror, the Iraq war, torture, indefinite detention, anti- gay marriage, and they only reject GWBush now because his presidency is correctly seen as a failure. this same fate awaits trump.
And compared to the trump presidency, the Bush years will feel like the golden years. 9/11 we only lost 3000 Americans. So far we have lost over 130,000 Americans to the trump virus and the numbers keep going up.

refineryworker05

I would love to see the quote where Bush said he was called by God to protect America. I recall him stressing that it wasn't a war on Islam, just on radicalized terrorists.
You should look it up and it wasn't just GWBush who said that bs, that was a common thing elected republicans said, hell I remember someone wrote a book about GWBush being called by god to be president. Lol Again conservative used to love GWBush.

refineryworker05

And compared to the trump presidency, the Bush years will feel like the golden years. 9/11 we only lost 3000 Americans. So far we have lost over 130,000 Americans to the trump virus and the numbers keep going up.
Yeah, it is very very likely that trump will be reviled for a while and disowned by conservatives just as GWBush, although his presidency will be seen as a huge failure, once he leaves office and if he doesn't keep doing repugnant stuff in public, a lot of Americans will be like trump wasn't so bad as a person. After all, when Nixon died, every living president attended his funeral and many kind words were said about him despite him being a terrible criminal president.

Poop Head

Judge me.
132,236 dead American, 2.928+ million infected. Even with the closing of bars, and many beaches in Florida, the Trump Flu is continuing its devastation on the state. The economy is tanking and 11,000+ more infected today! Another record for Florida! The state of Tennessee is starting to heat up with over 1,000 infected today! It’s going to be a long fall and winter for the deadly southern and western states. Never mind that gun violence is exploding with the reopening. Texas, Arizona, and the Carolinas are all well over 1,000 infected today!
All part of God's plan

vantexan

You should look it up and it wasn't just GWBush who said that bs, that was a common thing elected republicans said, hell I remember someone wrote a book about GWBush being called by god to be president. Lol Again conservative used to love GWBush.
You said Bush said he was called by God. Surely you didn't misspeak?

newfie

Yeah, it is very very likely that trump will be reviled for a while and disowned by conservatives just as GWBush, although his presidency will be seen as a huge failure, once he leaves office and if he doesn't keep doing repugnant stuff in public, a lot of Americans will be like trump wasn't so bad as a person. After all, when Nixon died, every living president attended his funeral and many kind words were said about him despite him being a terrible criminal president.
trump I am the storm.jpg

vantexan

Well Carter didn't get re elected. But the economy under Carter all things measured was ok in many respects. But under GWBush and now trump the economy was and is terrible.
Both Bush and Trump had good to very good economies that collapsed due to external forces. In Trump's case the virus. In Bush's case pressure put on banks by Democrat Congressmen to lend to economically disadvantaged people along with the bank's and Wall Street's greed led to the collapse of the real estate market. Both USA Today and the New York Times ran articles about who was to blame and the Bush administration only played a small part.

vantexan

I didn't post that. I posted that conservatives said GWBush was called by god, but GWBush did say that himself.
Well did he or didn't he? As I pointed out earlier he was careful in his speeches to note that they weren't making war on Islam. So when did he say what you claim? Sounds like Christian bashing on your part.