Coronavirus

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
It's because we wasted resources locking healthy people down instead of focusing on helping and protecting the high risk populations. Imagine if, instead of a trillion dollar stimulus, we spent even a tenth of that focused on helping the elderly and immune compromised stay isolated in comfort.

But when you're a hammer, every problem is a nail. And when you are a sickle you blame your enemies for all the terrible things you've done.
You do realize that the reason the elderly got sick and are getting sick. Is because that the people taking care of them are the ones giving it to them.. This isn't a political thing. This is a virus. That isn't going to be stopped no matter what you do.
I tell you what. Stop the flu. Stop rsv. Stop any virus and you and I then can have an intelligent conversation.

160,335 dead Americans, 4.919+million infected. Yesterday saw the 5 straight rise in deaths for Mondays. It is the highest Monday total since April. Once again the state of Florida led the way with deaths, 245. Second was Texas with 205. Texas had over 11,000 newly infected yesterday. The deaths will continue to rise in Texas. State Rep. Randy Fine of Florida a Republican, who had Covid19, says he tried hydroxychloroquine and it’s not a magic drug. It was useless for him. The virus has taken hold of the southern states.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You do realize that the reason the elderly got sick and are getting sick. Is because that the people taking care of them are the ones giving it to them.. This isn't a political thing. This is a virus. That isn't going to be stopped no matter what you do.
I tell you what. Stop the flu. Stop rsv.
Stop any virus and
you and I then can have an intelligent conversation.
Extremely optimistic on your part!

fishtm2001

“I do think the fall and the winter of 2020 and 2021 are probably going to be one of the most difficult times that we have experienced in American public health because of the co-occurrence of COVID and influenza".

Dr Redfield

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
“I do think the fall and the winter of 2020 and 2021 are probably going to be one of the most difficult times that we have experienced in American public health because of the co-occurrence of COVID and influenza".

Dr Redfield
That must be when the brilliant 2 million dead Americans prediction finally comes true. Lulz.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I tell you what. Stop the flu. Stop rsv. Stop any virus and you and I then can have an intelligent conversation.

I'm not personally going to stop any viruses, but smallpox has been all but eliminated since the 80's, the last case of naturally transmitted polio in the US was in 1979. The chances of stopping a virus are dependent on several factors. A highly contagious and highly lethal virus is more likely to burn itself out than one that is moderately contagious with low mortality. A new virus, in particular, is pretty difficult to combat, I understand. But we have plans for dealing with viruses similar to sars-cov-2, and we threw those straight out the window.

We almost completely ignored the time tested methods, like not purposefully sending highly contagious patients into dense populations of highly susceptible people. That's a no brainer. We attempted to quarantine everyone, not just the ill or likely ill. We started pushing other preventative measures without any scientific basis, such as face covering.

You can't completely disentangle politics from just about anything these days. There are policy decisions that get made that do have an impact on the real world, and it is important to be able to analyze them, and learn from the mistakes. I don't think the finger pointing and blame game are helpful, but the idiots who keep doubling down on their terrible mistakes and lying about their effectiveness, those people need to not be in decision making positions.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Dr Redfield

He must not be aware of how the sars-cov-1 outbreak went. Besides, is he saying the flu wasn't occurring in March through May? Well, if you believe the presumptive numbers for covid cases, I guess he has a point.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"The coronavirus is simply too widespread and too transmissible. The most likely scenario, experts say, is that the pandemic ends at some point—because enough people have been either infected or vaccinated—but the virus continues to circulate in lower levels around the globe. Cases will wax and wane over time."

Oh boy, sounds like what everyone with a shred of common sense said from the very beginning.

@Wally get a load of this friggin guy lol.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
"The coronavirus is simply too widespread and too transmissible. The most likely scenario, experts say, is that the pandemic ends at some point—because enough people have been either infected or vaccinated—but the virus continues to circulate in lower levels around the globe. Cases will wax and wane over time."

Oh boy, sounds like what everyone with a shred of common sense said from the very beginning.

@Wally get a load of this friggin guy lol.
Yep, all this "saving lives" mantra is crapola for the most part.

In the end, the same number of people will be infected.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I'm not personally going to stop any viruses, but smallpox has been all but eliminated since the 80's, the last case of naturally transmitted polio in the US was in 1979. The chances of stopping a virus are dependent on several factors. A highly contagious and highly lethal virus is more likely to burn itself out than one that is moderately contagious with low mortality. A new virus, in particular, is pretty difficult to combat, I understand. But we have plans for dealing with viruses similar to sars-cov-2, and we threw those straight out the window.

We almost completely ignored the time tested methods, like not purposefully sending highly contagious patients into dense populations of highly susceptible people. That's a no brainer. We attempted to quarantine everyone, not just the ill or likely ill. We started pushing other preventative measures without any scientific basis, such as face covering.

You can't completely disentangle politics from just about anything these days. There are policy decisions that get made that do have an impact on the real world, and it is important to be able to analyze them, and learn from the mistakes. I don't think the finger pointing and blame game are helpful, but the idiots who keep doubling down on their terrible mistakes and lying about their effectiveness, those people need to not be in decision making positions.
You did not mention one virus. What the hey?