Coronavirus

rickyb

I read this when you posted it, but I had to think about the implications a little. Am I to take this to mean that not only is the CDC just now figuring out something that has been pretty well established since probably March, but after publicizing their incompetence and catching up with the science, they turn around and double down on their incompetence? How can anyone take anything from the CDC seriously? It is undoubtedly a politicized agency, and cannot be trusted with carrying out its purpose. No wonder people think masks work, they have no idea how the virus actually spreads! #defundthecdc.

View attachment 310563

View attachment 310564
i think youre right CDC was subject to political interference but that doesnt mean masks dont work.

rickyb

Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.Mar 23, 2020.

Obama smokes, Trump doesn’t.

Where’s your outrage?
i like covid cuz now people are aware of what really kills americans (not terrorists). where was our outrage and how did we get so manipulated?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I’m an American. Why don’t you explain your Canadian name? Delacroix.
@Jumpin Jack Flash did you die of covid?
I was just wondering, since you didn't give us a death by death update most of this week. :)

I figured maybe corporate took away your internet, since your belt didn't make PPH.

"I've believed that he moved to Canada" :canadfireworks: ... he probably decided it was best to leave before the mass exodus of the rest of the crybaby liberals when Trump wins his second term...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
sweden #14 worst country for deaths per 100,000.

#5 worst EU country.

not a success story.

now there could be other factors like old population or something.

The article isn't supported by the facts. Sweden has a population of 10 million, the same as Norway and Finland combined. Sweden has 90 thousand cases from 1.5 million tests and Norway/Finland have 22 thousand cases from 1.9 million tests. Sweden has 6,000 deaths (581/m) and Norway/Finland has 600 deaths (100/m). Sweden ranks 10th in deaths per million population in the world and the other two combined are 87th.

You are comparing them with two other countries. The article compared them to all of Europe. The article also mentioned "As Sweden’s case rate drops below Norway’s and Denmark’s," meaning if trends continue, Norway could well end up in worse shape than Sweden. Get back to me when you've finished comparing Sweden's numbers and trends with the 40 other countries in Europe.

As for the world, who is right on rank? You or Ricky? Or is it that they were ranked 10th, and have dropped to 14th. I keep telling people, you can make the numbers say whatever you want when you get to select the data to compare it to. You also decided to ignore the data the author of the article used to make his case. Do better.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
View attachment 310583
richest country on earth with pathetic performance.

The richest country on earth can afford to test more...Truth be know everybody on this planet has been exposed to this virus..some have immunity...some caught it many months ago and fought it off before they even knew about it...

Just from looking at the chart it appears that Europe's daily cases for the most part are declining..The spread of the Chinese Virus hit the Americas about two months before the European nations...

rickyb

You are comparing them with two other countries. The article compared them to all of Europe. The article also mentioned "As Sweden’s case rate drops below Norway’s and Denmark’s," meaning if trends continue, Norway could well end up in worse shape than Sweden. Get back to me when you've finished comparing Sweden's numbers and trends with the 40 other countries in Europe.

As for the world, who is right on rank? You or Ricky? Or is it that they were ranked 10th, and have dropped to 14th. I keep telling people, you can make the numbers say whatever you want when you get to select the data to compare it to. You also decided to ignore the data the author of the article used to make his case. Do better.
this is from your article. ie social distancing. do european conservatives believe in global warming? american conservatives are particularily detached from reality.

1600875071359.png

rickyb

The richest country on earth can afford to test more...Truth be know everybody on this planet has been exposed to this virus..some have immunity...some caught it many months ago and fought it off before they even knew about it...

Just from looking at the chart it appears that Europe's daily cases for the most part are declining..The spread of the Chinese Virus hit the Americas about two months before the European nations...
i doubt america tested more than some of the developed countries per 100,000

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
this is from your article. ie social distancing. do european conservatives believe in global warming? american conservatives are particularily detached from reality.

View attachment 310587

I realize that you don't understand how the virus spreads, but you keep talking about social distancing like It's the answer, it is not. And conservatives in the US are not detached from reality regarding global warming. Or is it climate change, or is it climate catastrophe? The reality is, as with most things in life, that it is a lot more complicated than a simple catch phrase can convey. Anyway, get back to me when you decide to stop using those terms interchangeably.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Looks like they are 5th for death rate in EU and 11th globally.

Uh oh. You were wrong the first time? Why should I trust you now? Or your source anyway. Or did they drop from 10th to 11th in the last 45 minutes? Get back to me when you have personally compared the current numbers and trends between Sweden and each of the other 40 European countries. Don't worry I didn't want to do it either. That's my indirect way of saying you have already lost all credibility and that is what it will take before I will care about anything you post on the subject.

205,922 dead Americans, 7.110million+ infected. CDC Director and right wing hero, Dr. Robert Redfield, has stated, ““We are not defenseless against COVID-19,” said CDC Director Dr. Robert R. Redfield. “Cloth face coverings are one of the most powerful weapons we have to slow and stop the spread of the virus – particularly when used universally within a community setting. All Americans have a responsibility to protect themselves, their families, and their communities.”
Many models have projected another 200,000 dead Americans by New Years.
Congress is trying to put another bailout bill together for the farmers. No group of Americans have received more bailouts under Trump than farmers. Farmers are freeloaders and government funded. We Americans pay more for American farmed food than the nations these farmers export to. Trump tariffs have killed the US farming industry forever.

rickyb

so what % of hte population who get coronavirus die from it?

rickyb

I realize that you don't understand how the virus spreads, but you keep talking about social distancing like It's the answer, it is not. And conservatives in the US are not detached from reality regarding global warming. Or is it climate change, or is it climate catastrophe? The reality is, as with most things in life, that it is a lot more complicated than a simple catch phrase can convey. Anyway, get back to me when you decide to stop using those terms interchangeably.
those are interchangable terms but the guy who coined climate change used it as a way of downplaying its importance, just like the death tax is used to change how people feel about it.

i respect how you think everything could be wrong and ive indeed heard that about economics and other things.

i havent looked into coronavirus too much but all the places i have say social distance and wear a mask.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
those are interchangable terms but the guy who coined climate change used it as a way of downplaying its importance, just like the death tax is used to change how people feel about it.

i respect how you think everything could be wrong and ive indeed heard that about economics and other things.

i havent looked into coronavirus too much but all the places i have say social distance and wear a mask.

No, I'm not saying everything is wrong, and no, the terms are not interchangeable, they all mean different things. Though the absurdist in me would say that we are most likely wrong about everything.

England had its highest newly infected since May yesterday. All 4 nations in the UK have seen a spike in their numbers.

oldngray

nowhere special

It started being called climate change after the models for global warming started falling apart.