Coronavirus

rickyb

I've known and read Chomsky for 45 years or so.
I knew him as one of the pre-eminent Linguists in the world when he was at MIT.
I was in a pseudo-post-graduate programs at Ga Tech looking at semantic memory as a prerequisite for human's innate abilities to learn a language and how that relates to computational linguistics which can then be used to program what we call neural networks these days.
Honestly, too far over my head although a friend of mine (Perry) in that program went on to work for GE in developing a neural network to detect nuclear explosions in USSR. He was very smart and cool guy. He never could talk to me about what he was working on exactly.
Another friend in the program went on to work for the CIA ... he didn't say "nothin' about nothin'". LOL
Alas, I went on to work at UPS.
im happy you went ot UPS instead of that crapola. yea i remember you mentioned about having something to do with chomsky in real life. you are very smart when it comes to computers. god bless you. thats good you read the other side to get perspective.

o btw my computer keeps repeating in a calm womans voice "now loading, now loading"....do you know how ot make it stop?

Poop Head

Judge me.
hey how would you feel about a surgeon who didnt want to wear a mask while they operated on people?
BrilliantLastAustralianfurseal-max-1mb.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
yea i just assumed everyone else would have it at once but youre right thats a silly assumption.

hey how would you feel about a surgeon who didnt want to wear a mask while they operated on people?

Do you know why surgeons wear masks? It's mostly to protect them from snacking on flying bits of patient, or their spurting fluids. Did you know that studies have shown masks actually increase the likelihood of a postoperative infection? People who use doctors and nurses wearing masks as evidence that masks slow the spread of viruses clearly have no idea what they are talking about. Since experts in the various areas of medicine must know something about the matter, if they say masks work against viruses they are either lying, possibly to make the public feel better, or simply mistaken.

220,254 dead Americans, 8.041+million infected. Yesterday 316 Americans died. Not one of them was able to take Regeneron. Why is the President not handing out these pills like candy? Why would the President illegally take these drugs and not let citizens? Trump is showing America he isn’t tough at all! He’s showing he’s selfish! Those who are dying of Covid19 are the true fighters. They don’t get access to a drug, a selfish leader called, a cure. Shameful, and embarrassing as an American! Disgusting.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

A study conducted in July, by the CDC, including a control group. It was a survey, and had a really small participant pool, so take the information as you will.

The researchers focused on the fact that many of the respondents who tested positive had eaten at restaurants in the two weeks prior to testing. But in the graph of questions responses, you can see that 85% of people who tested positive claimed to have "always" or "regularly" worn a mask.

If you are willing to accept a statistical analysis comparing virus numbers between various populations with differing levels of masking requirements that ignores areas where the results don't support their hypothesis, and have no reliable means of controlling for confounding variables, then you ought to at least consider the results of this survey, which did at least identify a control group.

Over and over, the studies being done using best practices do not show evidence of masks helping slow the spread of viruses. Not sure how much more evidence it will take to force the "experts" that "everyone" trusts so much to finally admit they are wrong, but we can hope it happens soon.

Poop Head

Judge me.

A study conducted in July, by the CDC, including a control group. It was a survey, and had a really small participant pool, so take the information as you will.

The researchers focused on the fact that many of the respondents who tested positive had eaten at restaurants in the two weeks prior to testing. But in the graph of questions responses, you can see that 85% of people who tested positive claimed to have "always" or "regularly" worn a mask.

If you are willing to accept a statistical analysis comparing virus numbers between various populations with differing levels of masking requirements that ignores areas where the results don't support their hypothesis, and have no reliable means of controlling for confounding variables, then you ought to at least consider the results of this survey, which did at least identify a control group.

Over and over, the studies being done using best practices do not show evidence of masks helping slow the spread of viruses. Not sure how much more evidence it will take to force the "experts" that "everyone" trusts so much to finally admit they are wrong, but we can hope it happens soon.
Masking isnt doing :censored2:. More harm than good, in my professional box carrying opinion.

On the bright side, ive decided to go back to eating with my hands while working. Cant even begin to count how many door handles, handrails, elevator buttons, countertops, etc.. i touch, then touch the mask and put it right up against my mouth.
💩✊

rickyb

Masking isnt doing :censored2:. More harm than good, in my professional box carrying opinion.

On the bright side, ive decided to go back to eating with my hands while working. Cant even begin to count how many door handles, handrails, elevator buttons, countertops, etc.. i touch, then touch the mask and put it right up against my mouth.
💩✊
u have to change your mask if you take it off.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
u have to change your mask if you take it off.
u have to change ur mask when it gets wet

Literally no one is doing that. Employers will make everyone wear masks to appear to comply, but won't ensure, actually actively work against, people following proper mask protocol. I can't blame them, since, even under the most sanitary conditions, proper mask protocol is basically impossible, and mostly ignored. The general public has no hope of wearing masks properly, even if they did slow the spread of viruses. The net effect is people walking around with filthy rags strapped to their faces constantly.

oldngray

nowhere special
Literally no one is doing that. Employers will make everyone wear masks to appear to comply, but won't ensure, actually actively work against, people following proper mask protocol. I can't blame them, since, even under the most sanitary conditions, proper mask protocol is basically impossible, and mostly ignored. The general public has no hope of wearing masks properly, even if they did slow the spread of viruses. The net effect is people walking around with filthy rags strapped to their faces constantly.
I see almost nobody wearing N95 masks. People are wearing cheap masks to sort of cover their faces to be compliant.