Coronavirus

PT Car Washer

Imagine hating your home life so much you choose to work at ups for a decade after you could have retired with a full pension.
Some of these guys are getting their pension plus Social Security plus 401k or IRA disbursements plus close to $80k/yr in wages to show up for work for 8 hours to sweep the floor. Others retired early and died a couple years later.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Some of these guys are getting their pension plus Social Security plus 401k or IRA disbursements plus close to $80k/yr in wages to show up for work for 8 hours to sweep the floor. Others retired early and died a couple years later.
That's depressing.
I wonder how much more they need to save until they have enough to buy a life that they don't hate.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Here's a idea on how to make COVID go away.
Stop having everyone be tested, except for those that show symptoms.
Given that the testing only shows that today you might not have it, is giving too many people a false hope.
The lockdowns and restrictions did not work the first time, so why continue to order more to happen ?

rickyb

Given that the testing only shows that today you might not have it, is giving too many people a false hope.
The lockdowns and restrictions did not work the first time, so why continue to order more to happen ?
when do we call it for asia?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
43 years and there are a couple of PT ahead of me in seniority. Even more FT ahead of me.
So you were Part-timer that went soldiering and came back after 22 years and kept your original start date?
I remember one guy that gad a 8-year stint and came back with senority and went driving within 2-months of coming back.
There were a lot of POed part-timers with 6 and 7 years seniority about that.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
because ppl went crazy about it including many conservatives on this forum, and in its worse year not even 1% of the number of americans who died from covid this year died from terrorism
911 was a terrorist attack using planes and flying them into buildings...

The China virus is an attack by the communist government of China.

Although, as previously posted....

After retrieving data on the CDC website, Briand compiled a graph representing percentages of total deaths per age category from early February to early September, which includes the period from before COVID-19 was detected in the U.S. to after infection rates soared.

Surprisingly, the deaths of older people stayed the same before and after COVID-19. Since COVID-19 mainly affects the elderly, experts expected an increase in the percentage of deaths in older age groups. However, this increase is not seen from the CDC data. In fact, the percentages of deaths among all age groups remain relatively the same.

rickyb

911 was a terrorist attack using planes and flying them into buildings...

The China virus is an attack by the communist government of China.

Although, as previously posted....

After retrieving data on the CDC website, Briand compiled a graph representing percentages of total deaths per age category from early February to early September, which includes the period from before COVID-19 was detected in the U.S. to after infection rates soared.

Surprisingly, the deaths of older people stayed the same before and after COVID-19. Since COVID-19 mainly affects the elderly, experts expected an increase in the percentage of deaths in older age groups. However, this increase is not seen from the CDC data. In fact, the percentages of deaths among all age groups remain relatively the same.
even if this is true thats because some people took precautionary measures to not spread it and in addition it destroyed the economy so maybe youre going to have less car accidents, maybe people are going to be starving themselves or at least eating less junk food so heart attacks may be down on the year i have no idea, etc. i havent found death counts this year so far for other things.

911 hardly affected anyone. 3000 americans died. it was sensationalist garbage and everyone lost their minds. now maybe youre saying the same thing about this virus. the journalists i listen to dont dispute the 250k dead.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
even if this is true thats because some people took precautionary measures to not spread it
Like we do every year during flu season... if you have symptoms or are sick stay home. If you're under 70, in good health you should continue your life. These lock-downs are a power play by politicians and their right arm, the media.

Bottom line: Protect the vulnerable, and open it the :censored2: up! :wink-very: The so called "cure" of keeping kids home and shutting down peoples lively hoods is is causing far greater harm by the elites who think they know better. Just ask Gavin at the French Laundry. smh

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
even if this is true thats because some people took precautionary measures to not spread it and in addition it destroyed the economy so maybe youre going to have less car accidents, maybe people are going to be starving themselves or at least eating less junk food so heart attacks may be down on the year i have no idea, etc. i havent found death counts this year so far for other things.

911 hardly affected anyone. 3000 americans died. it was sensationalist garbage and everyone lost their minds. now maybe youre saying the same thing about this virus. the journalists i listen to dont dispute the 250k dead.
Wow, you are really uninformed. Sorry about that. I'm not wasting my time beating my head against the wall replying to this garbage.

MAKAVELI

Dumb idea because asymptomatic people spread the disease. Ttku...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Dumb idea because asymptomatic people spread the disease. Ttku...

Screenshot_20201128-150340_Chrome.jpg

rickyb

Like we do every year during flu season... if you have symptoms or are sick stay home. If you're under 70, in good health you should continue your life. These lock-downs are a power play by politicians and their right arm, the media.

Bottom line: Protect the vulnerable, and open it the * up! :wink-very: The so called "cure" of keeping kids home and shutting down peoples lively hoods is is causing far greater harm by the elites who think they know better. Just ask Gavin at the French Laundry. smh
this flu is about 7x more lethal...