Coronavirus

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

How Big Government Stacked the Deck Against Small Business

Small businesses have been pummeled by excessive and insane governmental lockdowns of the economy. Experts warn that one third of small businesses could ultimately shut down for good, and hundreds of thousands have already done just that.

Cronyism isn’t capitalism, it’s a perversion of the free market and only possible at the hands of government. If we want to address inequality and create a fair playing field, we must stand against these types of government handouts the next time temptation strikes.

PT Car Washer

Small businesses have been pummeled by excessive and insane governmental lockdowns of the economy. Experts warn that one third of small businesses could ultimately shut down for good, and hundreds of thousands have already done just that.

Cronyism isn’t capitalism, it’s a perversion of the free market and only possible at the hands of government. If we want to address inequality and create a fair playing field, we must stand against these types of government handouts the next time temptation strikes.
Ask trump. He is still the head of Big Government in this country. Grew 25% while he said he was draining the swamp.

floridays

I'm not concerned much about equality, that's an offering of communism.
I disdain crony capitalism and regulation that creates barriers to entrance to the market.
Nothing is ever fair, we do not need a government or system that picks winners or promotes individuals or groups.

My opinion.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Typical. Lib Governor shuts down the state, business fails left and right. Now they want your money that will be wasted on the uselessness that is government programs.

fishtm2001

Typical. Lib Governor shuts down the state, business fails left and right. Now they want your money that will be wasted on the uselessness that is government programs.

Wally

You do realize you are citing a fake story? I wish the damage Murphy inflicted on small businesses was fake but it is very real and devastating.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So the CDC estimates 8X the number of cases as positive tests. That puts us around 1/3 of the country has had it. That’s 100 million people that can move freely and do as they please at no risk to themselves or to others.

I’m very interested to see how case numbers go over the next few weeks. We are reaching herd immunity in pockets of the USA for sure. We had around 20 people at the thanksgiving I went to. Only 1 hasn’t had the virus. Virtually no chance of spread at that gathering of 20. I know I wasn’t the only one.

newfie

local restuaraunt here closed after 60 years. Kind of business that pays cash up front for everything. No credit liabilities said they could not operate in this environment.
Kept the liquor store part of their business open , people are still buying plenty of boose.

the ones I feel sorry for are the ones that believed the two week shut down nonsense and either dug deep into their reserves or borrowed money to survive.

newfie

So the CDC estimates 8X the number of cases as positive tests. That puts us around 1/3 of the country has had it. That’s 100 million people that can move freely and do as they please at no risk to themselves or to others.

I’m very interested to see how case numbers go over the next few weeks. We are reaching herd immunity in pockets of the USA for sure. We had around 20 people at the thanksgiving I went to. Only 1 hasn’t had the virus. Virtually no chance of spread at that gathering of 20. I know I wasn’t the only one.

meanwhile we're closing in on 200 million tests performed which is equivalent to almost a third of our population. something never mentioned on our news reports that over dramatize the number of cases and ignore the more positive improvements in treatment and testing.

MAKAVELI

There's still no conclusive evidence how long immunity lasts. Ttku...

Wally

There's still no conclusive evidence how long immunity lasts. Ttku...
I was wondering if they would recommend that those that had the flu get immunized as well?

If successfully fighting off the virus doesn't offer immunity, how can a vaccine for the same virus work?