Coronavirus

The Driver

I drive.
CDC isn't quarantining a city of 11 million and building hospitals to contain the flu. There is no vaccine for this virus and it's just getting started. Spreading faster than SARS. Not exactly something we should be taking lightly.

I wonder if @Wrong is honest if they would have believed in January 2020 that 400,000 of our countrymen and -women would have died in less than 12 months from this coronavirus.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"Unfortunately, in vitro studies suggest that the dose required to be effective is 100 time higher than what is safe for human use."
There was ONE study done at a very high dose that wiped it out. After that it was simply written off. No follow up studies at lower dosage.

But South America basically said friend it we are using it and they’ve had amazing results.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"Unfortunately, in vitro studies suggest that the dose required to be effective is 100 time higher than what is safe for human use."
There's more evidence that it works than there is that it doesn't. Countries with huge biomedical industries may have chosen to go a different route, but smaller countries have seen success with it.

At this point the treatment in the US is to do nothing and just wait to see if you end up needing to be hospitalized. There's not really a downside to trying a cheap medicine that has been proven safe.

El Correcto

god is dead
Trump sure sounded like he does in his farewell address in front of Air Force One this morning. Think you've officially been given the OK to acknowledge it's real.

Do you just sit around trying to be triggered by Trump?
I don’t like Biden, I do not need to be informed of anything he does in the next 4 years, I just need to show up and vote against him so I’m tuning out most of his bs.

fishtm2001

I don’t like Biden, I do not need to be informed of anything he does in the next 4 years, I just need to show up and vote against him so I’m tuning out most of his bs.
Please let don the dumb be on the ticket in 2024. He can break more losing records.

fishtm2001

Anything else to add to your General Hyten scoop?

Brownslave688

There's more evidence that it works than there is that it doesn't. Countries with huge biomedical industries may have chosen to go a different route, but smaller countries have seen success with it.

At this point the treatment in the US is to do nothing and just wait to see if you end up needing to be hospitalized. There's not really a downside to trying a cheap medicine that has been proven safe.
This is what I don’t get anyway. It’s been around since the mid 70’s. Widely used since the 80’s. It’s safe in certain doses. They know that. Give it a shot. It’s not like anything else is having tremendous results.

But we seem to be on the downside anyway. All I heard was omg these bars and their New Years parties. Idiots. We are gonna have such a massive surge......yet cases are actually dropping off the last few weeks.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This is what I don’t get anyway. It’s been around since the mid 70’s. Widely used since the 80’s. It’s safe in certain doses. They know that. Give it a shot. It’s not like anything else is having tremendous results.

But we seem to be on the downside anyway. All I heard was omg these bars and their New Years parties. Idiots. We are gonna have such a massive surge......yet cases are actually dropping off the last few weeks.

The only variable that has shown to have a direct association with cases of seasonal viral respiratory illness spread is absolute humidity. This is based on a study done at Oregon State University where they compared the records over some number of years of respiratory illness cases to all recorded atmospheric variables.

Not sure why this isn't being looked at more closely, other than it supports the case that you ultimately can't stop these things. But it can give us better ideas on mitigation, like increasing humidity levels in enclosed spaces.

MAKAVELI

Ttku...

Brownslave688

This is how the media can control the narrative.

192FDA37-EA87-472A-BDBB-FEE87FBD0DAD.jpeg
47F388A0-DB32-4A37-840C-06E20CF238E9.jpeg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The day of the inauguration, testing standards are redefined. Big :censored2:ing surprise there.

Box Ox

The day of the inauguration, testing standards are redefined. Big *ing surprise there.

It's been decided by the new administration that the COVID pandemic will now be openly and consistently acknowledged as both real and a serious problem. Even @Wrong might soon start to believe!