Coronavirus

fishtm2001

"According to a new Lancet Commission report compiled by an international team of august scientists and public health leaders, some 40 percent of America’s COVID-19 death toll during the Trump administration was needless, meaning it could have been averted with available nonmedical interventions.

By the time the election took place, Trump had ignored the pandemic, not attending a single COVID-19 White House meeting for at least five months, since late May. Behind the scenes in the fall, the Trump administration lobbied Congress vigorously to block the movement of funds to states for vaccine rollout efforts, leaving them unable to efficiently execute mass immunizations."

Foreign Policy

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"According to a new Lancet Commission report compiled by an international team of august scientists and public health leaders, some 40 percent of America’s COVID-19 death toll during the Trump administration was needless, meaning it could have been averted with available nonmedical interventions.

By the time the election took place, Trump had ignored the pandemic, not attending a single COVID-19 White House meeting for at least five months, since late May. Behind the scenes in the fall, the Trump administration lobbied Congress vigorously to block the movement of funds to states for vaccine rollout efforts, leaving them unable to efficiently execute mass immunizations."

Foreign Policy
The Lancet is a disgraced radical left wing outlet.

rickyb

Foreign Policy
washington post had trump responsible for 80%. plus your health insurance isnt designed for pandemics

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
how do you describe trump LOL
1613240263608.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
if thats true then why even compare countries on end corona virus website?

To effect public opinion in order to leverage it into approving the increase of government power. You say you want the people to have power, but everything you support requires a powerful government and decreases individual power. Which is it?

ur argument doesnt make sense.

You not understanding how reality works doesn't mean my argument doesn't make sense. In order to more definitively determine cause and effect you must control for variables. That's basic scientific method. You can't control for variables in completely disorganized, uncoordinated, population-wide, public policy situations like this. Any conclusions about the effectiveness of various lock down strategies can only be superstitious nonsense.

Forming public policy as experiment (which is what they are doing, really poorly), and experiments on people without informed consent violate the Nuremberg Code. These people need to be charged and tried with crimes against humanity, and when found guilty, hung by the neck until dead.

where i live cases are still high but not all time high, and for example skiing is open...i know parks are open too. ppl cant self regulate. my mom cant self regulate. my bro cant self regulate.

Saying people can't self regulate is like trying to establish yourself as the authority on how people should behave, and that those who don't share your values and goals and make decisions you don't like are bad and must be stopped.

You, and everyone who thinks like you, are merely impotent tyrants. One person one vote, right? With personal liberty everyone gets a vote, and their vote is all that matters. They get to vote over what risks they are willing to take. You disagreeing with them is your problem, not theirs.

rickyb

To effect public opinion in order to leverage it into approving the increase of government power. You say you want the people to have power, but everything you support requires a powerful government and decreases individual power. Which is it?

You not understanding how reality works doesn't mean my argument doesn't make sense. In order to more definitively determine cause and effect you must control for variables. That's basic scientific method. You can't control for variables in completely disorganized, uncoordinated, population-wide, public policy situations like this. Any conclusions about the effectiveness of various lock down strategies can only be superstitious nonsense.

Forming public policy as experiment (which is what they are doing, really poorly), and experiments on people without informed consent violate the Nuremberg Code. These people need to be charged and tried with crimes against humanity, and when found guilty, hung by the neck until dead.

Saying people can't self regulate is like trying to establish yourself as the authority on how people should behave, and that those who don't share your values and goals and make decisions you don't like are bad and must be stopped.

You, and everyone who thinks like you, are merely impotent tyrants. One person one vote, right? With personal liberty everyone gets a vote, and their vote is all that matters. They get to vote over what risks they are willing to take. You disagreeing with them is your problem, not theirs.
no we have laws when ppl cant self regulate. i like laws sometimes. yea its hard to imagine theres experts out there, that ppl can be better off with an expert making laws instead of trying to figure it out themselves. their poor decisions become my problem when it starts affecting me.

regarding giving power to govt vs individuals, im in favor of proportional representation like they do in EU, not 51% majority rule like you've mentioned before. and of course economic democracy. i havent reached a conclusion about what you said: im more in favor of a lively democracy like protests and people coming up with ideas and hten electing someone who will represent them when they cant practice direct democracy. im in also favor of voting holidays, shorter work weeks, affordable housing, anti police brutality, free college, getting rid of citizens united, unions, mostly defunding the war machine, and public banking. these things will all help out democracy.

i doubt this website is a conspiracy for stronger govt. govts do like to use excuses to permanently increase their power. if you want to have an effect on anything, you have to do something. we've talked about this before, and i am again challenging your theory of "competence". you seem genuinely concerned, but im not sure how it translates into anything substantial.

the measures being taken place in australia look more serious than here, and isnt their unemployment doing better than US?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
no we have laws when ppl cant self regulate. i like laws sometimes. yea its hard to imagine theres experts out there, that ppl can be better off with an expert making laws instead of trying to figure it out themselves. their poor decisions become my problem when it starts affecting me.

regarding giving power to govt vs individuals, im in favor of proportional representation like they do in EU, not 51% majority rule like you've mentioned before. and of course economic democracy. i havent reached a conclusion about what you said: im more in favor of a lively democracy like protests and people coming up with ideas and hten electing someone who will represent them when they cant practice direct democracy. im in also favor of voting holidays, shorter work weeks, affordable housing, anti police brutality, free college, getting rid of citizens united, unions, mostly defunding the war machine, and public banking. these things will all help out democracy.

i doubt this website is a conspiracy for stronger govt. govts do like to use excuses to permanently increase their power. if you want to have an effect on anything, you have to do something. we've talked about this before, and i am again challenging your theory of "competence". you seem genuinely concerned, but im not sure how it translates into anything substantial.

the measures being taken place in australia look more serious than here, and isnt their unemployment doing better than US?

You think people sharing views and values constitutes a conspiracy. That's either completely insane, or right on the nose. I'm not sure which. Does people joining together to protest for change constitute a conspiracy?

You are in favor of a lot of things that all come with a price tag, and no solid plan to account for the costs.

We talked about raising the bar for what constitutes a consensus within a democracy. I'd agree to a democracy in which every decision must be unanimous. Anything short of that is tyrannical against the dissenters.

Competence speaks to efficiency. The greater the competence in a task, the greater the efficiency, the lower the cost, the more everyone prospers. This is basic economics. Without understanding that principle, there is really no point discussing economics at all.

rickyb

You think people sharing views and values constitutes a conspiracy. That's either completely insane, or right on the nose. I'm not sure which. Does people joining together to protest for change constitute a conspiracy?

You are in favor of a lot of things that all come with a price tag, and no solid plan to account for the costs.

We talked about raising the bar for what constitutes a consensus within a democracy. I'd agree to a democracy in which every decision must be unanimous. Anything short of that is tyrannical against the dissenters.

Competence speaks to efficiency. The greater the competence in a task, the greater the efficiency, the lower the cost, the more everyone prospers. This is basic economics. Without understanding that principle, there is really no point discussing economics at all.
no im saying that website with all the graphs showing the corona virus cases is not a conspiracy for bigger govt lol.

you are the wealthiest country on earth. you can afford it. it actually costs more not doing these things than doing it.

doing the same task over again is boring also. whats efficient is making components upgradable, and minimizing pollution. not sure what efficiency has to do with putting your ideas into action. its probably most efficient to avoid the task altogether.

interesting take on democracy.