Coronavirus

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"Many experts, along with politicians and journalists, are afraid to talk about herd immunity. The term has political overtones because some suggested the U.S. simply let Covid rip to achieve herd immunity. That was a reckless idea."

No one seriously proposed "let(ting) covid rip". The sensible suggestion was to focus resources on protecting the most vulnerable populations while allowing everyone else with low risk go about business as usual, or taking the precautions they deemed necessary.

I like when people talk realistically about the data, but I hate it when they throw in random little bits of nonsense like this. Like they still feel they have to pay homage to the king of established medicine/public health.
The media has shown they’re either completely ignorant or totally biased and have an agenda.

Herd immunity......all you’ve heard is 70-75% for herd immunity. No mention at all that it’s well known herd immunity starts to kick in and greatly slow spread at around 40%.

Immunity all we have heard is you probably stay immune for 90 days. Why haven’t they updated that since the early days? It’s well known now that it lasts 8+ months and if you extrapolate the half life it looks like lifetime immunity.

People have a right to know the actual facts but they’re being hidden or ignored for a reason.

MAKAVELI

The media has shown they’re either completely ignorant or totally biased and have an agenda.

Herd immunity......all you’ve heard is 70-75% for herd immunity. No mention at all that it’s well known herd immunity starts to kick in and greatly slow spread at around 40%.

Immunity all we have heard is you probably stay immune for 90 days. Why haven’t they updated that since the early days? It’s well known now that it lasts 8+ months and if you extrapolate the half life it looks like lifetime immunity.

People have a right to know the actual facts but they’re being hidden or ignored for a reason.
Speaking of facts. 500k dead, I guess the numbers do add up. Lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
7 day moving average deaths has dropped by 1/3 this week.

Going to be interesting to see how long the people in power try to drag this all out.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
FACT:
Amid the dire Covid warnings, one crucial fact has been largely ignored: Cases are down 77% over the past six weeks. If a medication slashed cases by 77%, we’d call it a miracle pill. Why is the number of cases plummeting much faster than experts predicted?

Well, we don't want anyone to know this.... It's really sad that the truth is not being reported.....ever...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
FACT:
Amid the dire Covid warnings, one crucial fact has been largely ignored: Cases are down 77% over the past six weeks. If a medication slashed cases by 77%, we’d call it a miracle pill. Why is the number of cases plummeting much faster than experts predicted?

Well, we don't want anyone to know this.... It's really sad that the truth is not being reported.....ever...

No one talks about Africa's numbers either. If they did, people might realize that median age has a stronger relationship with severity of covid outcomes within any given population than any government action, even among people who don't have access to advanced healthcare, or even proper nutrition.

But that's ok, let's only compare outcomes between different populations based on one and only one variable: government intervention. SMH.

Supersoaker

Proud Republican Against Trump (RAT)
FACT:

It's on the front page of the NYT every day.

That kinda seems like reporting.

floridays

Currently a 1.8% fatality rate.
Myth, I tried to hi jack a
bsbullf.gif
thread today by posting some songs, was gonna send this to you, you're a granddad, albeit granddaughters? A texas granddad can appreciate this, I'd hope any granddad would
Hope you like it RIP Jerry Jeff